Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Didn't a POS finish off 2 officers in NY recently?
You seem confused. That was another movie with a different plot. This one has muslims as the bad guys.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
None of those had to do with religious terrorism. Just wait until your coworkers have a bad day. You might want to start wearing Kevlar to work, and a turtleneck sweater made of chainmail.
The point is, a killing is a killing..I don't get care what the "cause" was. They are all nuts.. One isn't better than the other. Sandy Hook is just as bad as this.

I trust my coworkers more than I trust you. They haven't given me reason to fear for my life, but a person(s) lumping a group of a billion people into one category because of a few nuts does concern me. It is the same line of thinking Hitler used targeting a certain group and saying we should get rid of "them". We all know how that turned out.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I side with the Constitution of the United States. I believe, with every fiber of my being, that the republic that the Founding Fathers designed is the best government ever created, that it didn't just promise freedom but laid out a foundation for freedom that is unequaled in the history of man. When I read the tripe you post here, about egregiously violating the First Amendment of that Constitution, about blithely dismissing the freedoms outlined in that First Amendment, I cringe. When Ben Franklin remarked that they had created a republic, if we could keep it, he recognized that there would be people like you, many, many people like you, who would act out of fear and hatred, and undermine the principles of this nation, by restricting free speech, by outlawing certain religions, by putting into laws their prejudices, fears and biases. The enemy is not terrorists in France, the enemy is ourselves. We are too willing to sacrifice freedom, we are too blind to see that security is just an illusion.

There will always be terrorists among the human race. People who are angry and who feel ignored and who think the world should be fair. They will resort to violence in an effort to be heard, to air their grievances. There will always be terrorists. And we will always have to fight them.

But, more importantly, we will always have to fight to preserve the Constitution of the United States. That's a fight that is ongoing. And the enemy isn't the masked man with some automatic weapon. It's ourselves. It's our fear and our blind hatred. We cannot violate the rights of the few without violating the rights of all of us.
Do you feel the same about the 2nd amendment?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Do you feel the same about the 2nd amendment?
I live in rural Arkansas. Gun control doesn't make much sense here.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
For me it's not fear. It's an extreme dislike, on the verge of hate.

I have no fear that some whacked out muslim will ever kill me, but they've killed enough other innocent people for me to hate them and want them gone (permanently).
Me too. We ought to severely limit immigration of muslims to the US. For those here, we should closely monitor what is being preached in individual mosques. I have no doubt many, perhaps even most, preach a moderated version of Islam, but we know there are others that don't. For those that preach jihad against non-muslims, they should be immediately deported.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
More cloaking.

They aren't a cult.

They believe in the same God that Christians believe in, that Jews believe in. They follow the God of Abraham. Three religions, all based on the same foundation, that each took different paths.

And each of these religions has their own claims to shame. Each of these religions has been USED and invoked to commit terrible atrocities. Each of these religions have scriptures that are ambiguous, contradictory, and confounding. All of these scriptures have been re-written, interpreted, and translated to the point that what we read today bears little resemblance to the original texts.

And the extremists are cloaking their goals behind the veil of religion, just like those that participated in the Crusades, or in the Inquisition, did. They are human beings who are angry and fearful and dissatisfied and who think that great injustices are carried out by the rich and powerful. Just like a lot of Americans feel about government, and about the rich and powerful. They are human beings who think that violence will get them heard. Unfortunately, I think there are Americans who think that way, too.

Terrorism has to be stopped. But it's not going to be stopped by oppression and suppression of a religion. That just leads to more feelings of fear and anger. More blind hatred. And, like it or not, there will always be people on this planet who will be the have-nots. Who will hate those who do have. Who will feel that the unfairness of life is a great injustice. Who will turn to violence, because they'd rather burn the world down, then be those who are without.

There is it!!! The inevitable "Well, Christians did it 1000 years ago....." argument from the muslim apologist.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:19 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Of course they don't believe that. People can have beliefs and customs and be respectful of people that don't. I eat pork and drink, but he chooses not to, because of his belief but doesn't have an issue with it because he knows I'm not Muslim.

No offense, but I think some posters here need to get out more and stop living under a rock. There are a ton of Muslim people in western countries like the US now. I live in the DC area and we have a large Pakistani and Middle Eastern population and all the ones I've met have been peacefully and quick to condemn those who use violence in the name of the religion.

You can't help but notice what's happened to northern Virginia. Guess how many sleepers are among that population just waiting for the right time.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
There is it!!! The inevitable "Well, Christians did it 1000 years ago....." argument from the muslim apologist.
Trying to demean me by calling me a Muslim apologist is a personal attack. Watch yourself.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
]

You can't help but notice what's happened to northern Virginia. Guess how many sleepers are among that population just waiting for the right time.
Da-da-da-dum!

Fear much?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
The only questin left is this....are we going to have to wipe the entire lot of them out because they can't control their extremists? They may leave us no other choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies