Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 10:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There was shock and awe alright....with the american people. How could we be so stupid to get into a war we didn't need to start. What exactly did this do for us....absolutely nothing.
Worse than nothing. It unleashed a Sunni-Shia civil war in Iraq, empowering the most violent and thuggish elements on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually this sounds just like Obama's resume, except that he has bombed and killed civilians in 7 Arab countries the latest being Syria. (that's 5 more than Bush) Take off the partisan blinders. There is no difference between Obama and Bush except this. Bush made no bones about what you were getting with him. Obama lies about it.

(BTW, both were elected and re-elected by the clueless caught up in the false Red vs Blue narrative.)
That whole 7 Arab Countries(5 more than bush) argument is a lie seeing as we have been bombing Pakistan Yemen and Lebanon for about a decade now.

At best the number should be 2(Syria and Libya), and even that is debatable in context because we have actually deployed troops, drones and fighter jets to a number of arab countries between 2001 and 2008.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That whole 7 Arab Countries(5 more than bush) argument is a lie seeing as we have been bombing Pakistan Yemen and Lebanon for about a decade now.
Not to mention that Pakistan and Afghanistan are not Arab and Lebanon is only part-Arab.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's radicalism, and the inane idea that more of it will cure radicalism.
It's called war. And we need to name the enemy and declare war. Then we execute that war.

Our problem is that the current administration, and milquetoast Liberals, refuse to name the enemy. People say, "it's only 'radical Islam.' I say, it is Islam. Period. The history of Islam is a history of a conquering 'cult' (yes, I said cult) which has always targeted Jews and Christians, since the very founding of Islam. "Convert or die" has always been their battle cry. This isn't something that just cropped up in modern times.

Our first target should be Syria. Nuke it! Perhaps next should be Yemen. By that time they should have gotten the message, and we should make it clear that it isn't going to stop until the terrorism stops and they stop threatening Israel, and the West.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's called war. And we need to name the enemy and declare war. Then we execute that war.

Our problem is that the current administration, and milquetoast Liberals, refuse to name the enemy. People say, "it's only 'radical Islam.' I say, it is Islam. Period. The history of Islam is a history of a conquering 'cult' (yes, I said cult) which has always targeted Jews and Christians, since the very founding of Islam. "Convert or die" has always been their battle cry. This isn't something that just cropped up in modern times.

Our first target should be Syria. Nuke it! Perhaps next should be Yemen. By that time they should have gotten the message, and we should make it clear that it isn't going to stop until the terrorism stops and they stop threatening Israel, and the West.
Israel and the U.S. are precisely the only countries in the world that truly deserve to be nuked.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Stopping the funding and training of isis allied rebel groups and states (ie Turkey, Saudi arabia, and bahrain)that indirectly or directly fund ISIS would be a start. A temporarily though unpleasant alliance with states actively hitting the jihadists the hardest is another step (ie Iran or Syria). Not invading and destabilizing unpleasant but also anti islamist regimes like the usa did in Syria, Libya, and Iraq in recent memory and in Afghanistan way back in the 80 would go the longest way in neutering extremism before it can ever grow.

Nuking hundreds of thousands and millions of civilians is the most horrific act of the same kind of terror that you pretend to be against. So much for "culture of death". Why don't you go strap on a nuke and carry out your fantasies yourself? Not too many people would miss a vile cretin like you.
Was bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki "terrorism" in your view? Hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed. But thousands of American lives were saved, and Japan surrendered, ending its bloody war against the U.S. and islands in the Pacific.

But I agree with cutting off funding of these nations.

I'll ignore the ignorance displayed by your last question and your personal attack on me ("vile cretin like [me]").

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 01-11-2015 at 05:24 AM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Peters' Plan to Fight Terror: 'Leave Behind Smoking Ruins & Crying Widows'

And I will add that it's time to "nuke" these killers, in my opinion! And I won't apologize for that.
Nuking them all sounds like an insane idea,however it might have some merit,sell it to me, suppose hypothetically you were in charge of Americas military paint me a picture of how you would deal with these terrorists.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"The only difference between war & peace is where you place your bombs" ---- US General Curtis LeMay (1st commander of the USA's nuclear force)

He was also fond of saying that "If you kill enough of them, they will stop fighting".
Perhaps we should learn from his historical attacks on Japanese cities during WWII, and bomb the hell out of Syrian target cities and other known "hotbeds" of Islamic terrorist groups, civilians be damned. Perhaps that is what is wrong with our current strategy. In war, people die, and cities are destroyed.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:05 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And what were Dubya's accomplishments again? Legacy mediocre C student in college, with DUIs and coke arrest, who may have gone AWOL while "serving in the National Guard," failed oil businessman, failed baseball team owner. Sorry, but the 2000 GOP set the bar so low for presidential candidates, there was nowhere to go but up. He does make nice dog paintings, though.
You need to donate that book by Dan Rather to the Goodwill store.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Was bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki "terrorism" in your view? Hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed. But thousands of American lives were saved, and Japan surrendered, ending its bloody war against the U.S. and islands in the Pacific.
Japan was offering surrender terms before Hiroshima.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies