Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 03:51 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not really surprising, the House no longer reflects the people. Districts have been so gerrymandered that they no longer have any form of political competition.

There's more gerrymandering in NY to insure that a Democrat will win - so both sides are guilty of it.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's look at the Real World brought to us by Obama. This is one of the schools that got Obama Ipads. Posted yesterday from Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools. Charlotte, BTW, is where the 2012 DNC was held. The Mayor of Charlotte is the current Secretary of Transportation. (Wonder how many of these students watched the Address and then wrote a report on it? LOL )

Soon, they will be getting free ride to community college.

Classroom brawl caught on video at Charlotte school - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Yawn. My school in Southern VA didn't have IPads but there were plenty of fights like that. Mostly white school too.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:05 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It wasn't even a good burn because it wasn't truthful, just like the rest of his speech. What he forgot to mention, both there and through the entire speech, was that he LOST two midterms in historic fashion. Prior to the last drubbing, the dope even said that each and every one of his policies were on the ballot.

The only thing that quip did was highlight his narcissism and stubbornness. And, apparently, it brought a warm tingle in the groin to the low information voters who have a high school crush on a man who is incompetent in the eyes of any objective observer who hasn't had a lobotomy.
LOL!

Wow. So much anger.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Obama's comeback to the Republicans clapping at his statement on "no more campaigns to run" has social media blowing up as the "best burn" to ever take place at the SOTU address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0sYXdf0oA

I will admit, at first I thought the GOP was very clever to clap at his statement but his response almost had me in crying in laughter.
Yea....it was good, but there were far fewer dems cheering than any time since the 1920's!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
I'm not old and I can assure you I will be voting against your failed losers at every opportunity for DECADES to come.
Good to know, and I will be voting against your failed lovers at every opportunity for decades to come as well.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
The amount of butthurt from the right shows just how great of a burn it was.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There's more gerrymandering in NY to insure that a Democrat will win - so both sides are guilty of it.
Yes that is true, both sides have created very safe districts, though the Republicans have more safe districts than the Democrats. This is why I am against it, we need more purple districts to better represent the American people in the House.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:34 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Default Most illuminating moment of the SOTU:

I think the most illuminating moment of the State of the Union was when President Obama proposed dismantling capital (you know, factories and machinery and other forms of productive wealth) in order to help pay for day care.

The man truly thinks we can make ourselves more prosperous by doing things like this? As if there will be a need for day care after you equalize all the wealth down the toilet? What's next? Beer and twinkies for all?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Obama's comeback to the Republicans clapping at his statement on "no more campaigns to run" has social media blowing up as the "best burn" to ever take place at the SOTU address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0sYXdf0oA

I will admit, at first I thought the GOP was very clever to clap at his statement but his response almost had me in crying in laughter.
And that is just the sort of antagonistic divisiveness that has caused our government to seize up in a state of gridlock. Obama's priority here was clearly to "burn" his political opponents, rather than to provide leadership and to start working towards achievable solutions on issues where some level of agreement exists.

This speech, much like most of Obama's presidency, was a missed opportunity. Instead, he behaved like a juvenile, trying to razz and harass his enemies. Obama is a childish fool and this little stunt proves it, in case any more proof was actually needed.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
It wasn't even a good burn because it wasn't truthful, just like the rest of his speech. What he forgot to mention, both there and through the entire speech, was that he LOST two midterms in historic fashion. Prior to the last drubbing, the dope even said that each and every one of his policies were on the ballot.

The only thing that quip did was highlight his narcissism and stubbornness. And, apparently, it brought a warm tingle in the groin to the low information voters who have a high school crush on a man who is incompetent in the eyes of any objective observer who hasn't had a lobotomy.
Oh it was a good burn, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies