Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times

Advertisements

I didn't see it but a friend of mine told me Obama was better than usual.

Odd that the man finally decides to come out swinging after all these years of trying to be so non-controversial.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Do you people mean to tell me that out of the entire SOTU, THIS moment is all that was worthy of comment?
No, I did not watch it. The morning newspaper will tell me all I need to know about it. Based on recent history, it consisted mostly of promises that won't (or can't) be kept anyway.
Nope, it was simply the most hilarious part of it to watch those red-faced repubs get shot down so easily. Lol.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Paradox View Post
This is why is quip was so beautiful. It was very effective.

Anyway, Republicans can't be burned. They don't believe in global warming after all.
LOL good one. Same with Obamas. And I don't agree with many of his policies. But it was funny.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:06 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The clapping by the Republicans was clapping. There is a lot of clapping at a SOTU address. I read that there were 87 interruptions for clapping at this one.

That you would characterize his childish stunts as "brilliant" tells us a lot about your perspective on these matters and of course also Barack Obama's as the instigator of these antics. Enough said.
No it wasn't. You honestly can't believe that. That was a deliberate jab at Obama not being able to run for the Presidency anymore after 2016. I thought it was funny, and I thought his comeback was great, too, scripted or not. But then again, I have a sense of humor and I'm not a miserable human being.

Like another poster alluded to, some of you are so stuck up your respective party's ***, that you can't even set bi-partisan politics aside for even 15 seconds and enjoy a funny little quip between some Republicans and your President.

Good grief. Lighten up, people.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:29 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
Quote:
The clapping by the Republicans was clapping. There is a lot of clapping at a SOTU address. I read that there were 87 interruptions for clapping at this one.

That you would characterize his childish stunts as "brilliant" tells us a lot about your perspective on these matters and of course also Barack Obama's as the instigator of these antics. Enough said.
Your partisanship is showing.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post

Ya think?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
So the clapping was not clapping? Yes it was partisan, as nearly all clapping at the SOTU tends to be. And the party out of the White House would prefer to be in it, as has been the case non-stop since George Washington was our first president.

But it is not typical that a president will use this venue as a vehicle to stir up crap and to create animosity the way that Barack Obama intentionally and purposefully did here. This was an opportunity to provide leadership to the nation and to try to bring the country together. Instead, Barack Obama used the time to engage in self indulgent, childish antics that only served to further divide and diminish any chances for our government to start working effectively together.

Only people who are as selfish, small minded and immature as he obviously is will celebrate this kind of presentation. This was not a good speech for our country.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
And that is just the sort of antagonistic divisiveness that has caused our government to seize up in a state of gridlock. Obama's priority here was clearly to "burn" his political opponents, rather than to provide leadership and to start working towards achievable solutions on issues where some level of agreement exists.

This speech, much like most of Obama's presidency, was a missed opportunity. Instead, he behaved like a juvenile, trying to razz and harass his enemies. Obama is a childish fool and this little stunt proves it, in case any more proof was actually needed.
I KNEW someone would say this!

Where is your anger for the *******s who started clapping and hollering after he said he was done campaigning?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times
Funniest thing about it all, that clown in the WH really believes all those fake claims of his. The saddest part is the fact that there are still a large number of followers who are still drinking the KoolAid.

Worst president in US history, and it ain't even close.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:06 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
Quote:
So the clapping was not clapping? Yes it was partisan, as nearly all clapping at the SOTU tends to be. And the party out of the White House would prefer to be in it, as has been the case non-stop since George Washington was our first president.

But it is not typical that a president will use this venue as a vehicle to stir up crap and to create animosity the way that Barack Obama intentionally and purposefully did here. This was an opportunity to provide leadership to the nation and to try to bring the country together. Instead, Barack Obama used the time to engage in self indulgent, childish antics that only served to further divide and diminish any chances for our government to start working effectively together.

Only people who are as selfish, small minded and immature as he obviously is will celebrate this kind of presentation. This was not a good speech for our country.
The Republicans started clapping as a jab at Obama. He in turn made a jab at them. Not sure why you are putting all the blame on Obama. The whole thing was funny to me, both the clapping and the comment.

I don't think any GOP politicians actually care about the comment, it is just their idiotic base who is making a big stink about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies