Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 01:14 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I'm leaning towards the educating her route. Punishment of a harsh nature is just going to cause more resentment from the teacher..
Quote:
The world doesn't need more enemies.
I don't think op has said anything wrong.

Every ethnic group in America has its own derogatory names. For German-Americans, the N word is NAZI, kraut is pretty bad too.

I admit that I don't understand why Ching Chong is so bad until I picked up a history book.

To me, good intent is everything. Nobody knows how others would react to my words and my actions, I am not a psychic. If they tell me certain words I used hurt their feelings, I will apologize and make sure I will NEVER use it again. Destroying my property will only make me hate you more, it doesn't help the situation.

It is for this reason that when we believe a person’s intentions are good, we think of them as authentic and, in the event of errors, cut them some slack.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Wait...did you just say "racist to each other"?

You're wondering why the teacher has a problem with the students being racist to each other? Did I read that correctly?

I'm not imagining that, right?

These kids(now young adults with some being adults at 18) all have gone to school with each other going on 12 years now. They jack with each other all the time. I have no idea if this is just the young culture, they know each other that well and love each other to death, or what, but it is what it is.
You go on facebook with these kids and they are all friends calling each other some racist crap, in a friendly conversation.
Hey, niga, what are you all going to do tonight? Want to go over to such & such.
Or hey Mezgin, (same message)
My daughters name at school is hey white bi*ch, she is cool with it and everyone is on the same page and no friction happens. It is what it is and society goes on.
My daughters best friend that is a year older and lives just a few houses down is black, great kid and I have heard them talking on the phone and her say it and I cringed. I questioned her and she said it is all good, her and Lexy are tight.

I keep a good eye on my daughter posts on all social media and none of that is on her account, she also knows the college recruiters are watching.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:32 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
I keep a good eye on my daughter posts on all social media and none of that is on her account

Hmm, is that you Deron Puro? you have free time on City Data after being fired?
Father of bullies fired after Minnesota man takes Snapchat harassment of his daughter into his own hands | fox13now.com

Old 01-28-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And is the nickname your daughter go by in her school "cracker?" The teacher being 6 years older than your daughter does not give your daughter the right to act like a spoiled brat with a potty mouth to her. Maybe you really should get on about teaching manners to your child because is sounds like she is lacking in that department.

It is actually, Hey bad white bi*ch. But I know for a fact she has heard cracker too.
Who said my daughter acted like a spoiled brat(which she actually is)

Let me take something that is the most valuable thing you have in your life and I'll throw it on the floor damaging it right in front of you. Are you going to sing me a lullaby? I bet you cuss like a sailor, especially if I tell you with all my authority on a powertrip, "that is what you get".

Tell me you wouldn't and you would be lying.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
These kids(now young adults with some being adults at 18) all have gone to school with each other going on 12 years now. They jack with each other all the time. I have no idea if this is just the young culture, they know each other that well and love each other to death, or what, but it is what it is.
You go on facebook with these kids and they are all friends calling each other some racist crap, in a friendly conversation.
Hey, niga, what are you all going to do tonight? Want to go over to such & such.
Or hey Mezgin, (same message)
My daughters name at school is hey white bi*ch, she is cool with it and everyone is on the same page and no friction happens. It is what it is and society goes on.
My daughters best friend that is a year older and lives just a few houses down is black, great kid and I have heard them talking on the phone and her say it and I cringed. I questioned her and she said it is all good, her and Lexy are tight.

I keep a good eye on my daughter posts on all social media and none of that is on her account, she also knows the college recruiters are watching.
And this is why our education system is in the dumper, as they say, education starts at home.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
It is actually, Hey bad white bi*ch. But I know for a fact she has heard cracker too.
Sounds like your daughter hands out with a real "classy" group of people. No wonder she has little respect for people of authority when she has little respect for herself.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
This whole topic would be best facilitated on an episode of Maury Povitch I'm guessing there's more than one "double wide" involved in this story.
Nope.....Judge Judy.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like your daughter hands out with a real "classy" group of people. No wonder she has little respect for people of authority when she has little respect for herself.
Yeah because sticking up for yourself means you don't have any respect for yourself. I suppose she should have 'checked her privileges', bent over and took it in the keister.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Hmm, is that you Deron Puro? you have free time on City Data after being fired?
Father of bullies fired after Minnesota man takes Snapchat harassment of his daughter into his own hands | fox13now.com

Minnesota is way to cold for me.

82º here today.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think op has said anything wrong.

Every ethnic group in America has its own derogatory names. For German-Americans, the N word is NAZI, kraut is pretty bad too.

I admit that I don't understand why Ching Chong is so bad until I picked up a history book.

To me, good intent is everything. Nobody knows how others would react to my words and my actions, I am not a psychic. If they tell me certain words I used hurt their feelings, I will apologize and make sure I will NEVER use it again. Destroying my property will only make me hate you more, it doesn't help the situation.

It is for this reason that when we believe a person’s intentions are good, we think of them as authentic and, in the event of errors, cut them some slack.

Yep. As someone who is part German, I've been called that. I'm also part Polish, so I've heard my fair share of Polish jokes too. I tell them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.