Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 01:44 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yep. As someone who is part German, I've been called that. I'm also part Polish, so I've heard my fair share of Polish jokes too. I tell them too.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:44 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Yep. As someone who is part German, I've been called that. I'm also part Polish, so I've heard my fair share of Polish jokes too. I tell them too.
LOL.....I did not understand Polish jokes......until I met my husband.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Yeah because sticking up for yourself means you don't have any respect for yourself. I suppose she should have 'checked her privileges', bent over and took it in the keister.
Mouthing off to a teacher isn't the same as having respect for yourself. All that shows is that the child has no respect for others and clearly someone who never learned how to be a respectful adult.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Hey why not? Right? We all should be able to laugh at ourselves. The way I see it, I was born here, and consider myself an American, so why get p***ed off over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
LOL.....I did not understand Polish jokes......until I met my husband.
I blame me being left-handed on my Polish roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Mouthing off to a teacher isn't the same as having respect for yourself. All that shows is that the child has no respect for others and clearly someone who never learned how to be a respectful adult.

Yes... true. However; I will say this, the teacher is an adult, and shouldn't have lost her cool and broken his daughter's personal property.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Get her fired before she is tenured or she will posion kids with racism and the victim mentality the rest of her life. This is exactly how moonbats are born and why half or better of the countries population sucks the entitlement money teet of their blue collar neighbors.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:

Yes... true. However; I will say this, the teacher is an adult, and shouldn't have lost her cool and broken his daughter's personal property.
I question that part of the story because I doubt the teacher just grabbed and intentionally smashed the child's personal property. This sounds like a bad student either lying to her parents about what happen or the OP is making that part of the story up.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Hey why not? Right? We all should be able to laugh at ourselves. The way I see it, I was born here, and consider myself an American, so why get p***ed off over it.
agreed!

Old 01-28-2015, 01:59 PM

259 posts, read 178,948 times
Personal anecdotes on the Internet are completely useless when we don't have the other party's viewpoint. For all we know you and your daughter are self-aggrandizing and disrespectful clowns who got everything you deserved. Or not. But it doesn't help any argument when we have no way of corroborating what you said actually happened.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:16 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
You said your daughter is white, I thought you were NA or part. Regardless, there are a lot of Liberal Teachers our there that were taught by 70s Marxist that believe in divisiveness and not coming together.

Whats interesting to me is my nieces, nephews, and cousins who are all Anglo/Mex mix, who have a very large variety of friends that are Anglo, Mex, Asian, Indian and various mixed combinations can say what I have always considered quite racist comments and none of the kids bats an eye. My nephew tells me that the Liberal Teachers are usually freaked out by their un-PC language though.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:58 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The OP asked about disciplining his kid. That is the point. There are other ways to deal with that teacher but none of them are within the purview of students. I can't believe that no mechanism exists to report a teacher, but that doesn't make the students right.

We're seeing a lot of kids challenging authority today, and the OP's "fight back" pronouncement is part of the problem. Fighting back with peers is one thing, but a teacher? Surely, you jest.

Just because this classroom sounds like something straight from a Cheech and Chong routine, doesn't mean that "the rules" don't apply.
"The OP asked about disciplining his kid. That is the point."

You read a different post then I did.

"Today I have a choice of throwing the book at this lady, writing her up and getting HR involved, or educating her on how people of all colors get along in life. She may or may not show up, thinking she is going to get canned(we don't have teacher unions here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies