Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 04:57 PM

399 posts, read 407,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Based on some of the responses here, I think some of the posters have deep seated issues they should seek help for. They're like rabid dogs with this issue. Instead of letting people live their lives the way they see fit, they're p*$$ed off. A curious and inappropriate response, in my opinion.
Living their lives as they see fit? That'd be great... in a bubble. Unfortunately for you, no man is an island. We're all interconnected and everyone has a responsibility to their fellow human beings (and especially those close to them... their parents, their children, their grandchildren, etc.) to do the right thing. A mentally ill man bringing six children into existence and then shattering their world by going from "Dad" to a freak who dresses up in women's clothing is only a good thing in the minds of other sick, twisted minds. What Bruce Jenner is doing is the farthest thing from "courageous". If he really had courage he'd take on his mental illness and not let it get the best of him, instead of being a weak coward who is willing to traumatize everyone close to him for his own twisted kicks.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM

50,385 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I don't think you understand the issue. This is not about what sex Caitlyn is interested in but Sexual Identification. He no longer identifies with the sex he was born into and I seriously doubt having Sex is a major issue at this point.
My husband is 65, and I doubt it too. We, of a certain age, don't have a lot of interest in the actual plumbing anymore.
I just read somewhere that transgenderism might be just a mental disorder. I took that to mean that those who think they are living in the wrong gender, are just delusional. If this is so, then it would seem to be a lot less complicated than the work involved in changing from one sex to another.
Psychiatrist: Bruce, so you think you were meant to be a woman?
Bruce: Yes, I do.
Psychiatrist: Here, take this pill.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,771,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Most actually refer to themselves as trans women and openly admit they are not biologically women. Most do not try and fool anyone romantically. Its obvious what kind of trans women you have been messing with, though. Here is a note though many of the ones you have been seeing are just drag queens.
Your post made me chuckle - I most certainly have not been messing with any trans women...
And I've seen my share of drag queens!
Um, do you think I'm a guy?

Old 06-05-2015, 05:19 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,610,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Gender has been rendered meaningless. It no londer means anything. We should revert back to sex at this point. That is all I am trying to say. Gender used to be synonymous with sex. Then people decided to start using gender differently to refer to the behavioral characteristics and roles of each sex as opposed to the physical aspect. When you no longer stick to those behavioral characteristics and roles, the classification becomes meaningless.

If you are going to correct someone, you should know what you are talking about.

"Intersex, in humans and other animals, is a variation in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, or genitals that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as male or female."
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Those are variations in chromosomes that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as classic male (XY) or female (XX).
Turner's Kleinfelters and the less common ones DO allow an indvidual to be distinctly identified as classic male or female. It is only non-sexual symptoms which lead to discovery of the extea chromosomes.

That's why the definition you got off wikipedia is not the one used by medline
Quote:
Intersex is a group of conditions where there is a discrepancy between the external genitals and the internal genitals (the testes and ovaries).

Old 06-05-2015, 05:25 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,761,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Bruce Jenner is nothing more than an attention HOAR. 3 years from now the headlines will be "Bruce is BACK!"

He's not courageous, he is not a hero, he is a washed up star trying to stay relevant 40 years after he got the first taste of the spotlight.
This dude is just caught up in his fetish, and somehow he's a hero. Hey, at least now he doesn't have to sneak into his teenage daughter's bedroom and try on their clothes.

I totally agree with Snoop about how it's sad that something like what Akon is doing doesn't make headlines, but some dude who likes to put on panties does.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Thankfully, Snoop Dogg, Snoopy, or whatever the heck his name is bears no resemblance to any of the science teachers I ever had. Even the ones who weren't nuns.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,359,422 times
DAM cry babies, its thee DO GG . LMAO how much money do you make delahanty? sounds like a strippers name . I might be able to use you

Old 06-05-2015, 06:23 PM

335 posts, read 377,025 times
Did anybody read the article why snoop dog said what he said about bruce? He was referring to the importance of an individual who provided a great deal of solar power to African people and the media paid no attention to this. No most people here just took the bait and gave their opinions without any knowledge of why he even said what he did.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Living their lives as they see fit? That'd be great... in a bubble. Unfortunately for you, no man is an island. We're all interconnected and everyone has a responsibility to their fellow human beings (and especially those close to them... their parents, their children, their grandchildren, etc.) to do the right thing. A mentally ill man bringing six children into existence and then shattering their world by going from "Dad" to a freak who dresses up in women's clothing is only a good thing in the minds of other sick, twisted minds. What Bruce Jenner is doing is the farthest thing from "courageous". If he really had courage he'd take on his mental illness and not let it get the best of him, instead of being a weak coward who is willing to traumatize everyone close to him for his own twisted kicks.

You mean unfortunately for YOU, no man is an island. You're the one who thinks people who are born different are freaks, not I.

So based on your disdain for the situation you've told some whopping lies. You've said he's mentally ill and that his children's lives are shattered.

That's sick and twisted.

If you cannot be a decent human being, if you cannot be Christ-like or God-like and cannot be loving of all people, no matter what, can you at least stop being hurtful with your hatred?

Old 06-05-2015, 06:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
Did anybody read the article why snoop dog said what he said about bruce? He was referring to the importance of an individual who provided a great deal of solar power to African people and the media paid no attention to this. No most people here just took the bait and gave their opinions without any knowledge of why he even said what he did.
Now don't try and take the wind out of the hate sails. They're so puffed up right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies