Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 02:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Noone cares about the military, u sign up for it, u know what u are getting into.
No-one cares about the military? For anyone who has fought for this country, it's a passionate sense of duty, you don't get into it for the fame, you don't get into it for the money, and you know it could cost you your life. And in the end, we know we could come home and there will be people who will spit in our face, but we'd probably do it all again. For me, I respect the guts it takes to suit up, go into the face of danger and walk out to no reward. What's Bruce Jenner's committment? Put on panty hose and a dress, but not enough committment to make his gender change permanent. No guts, no glory!

Old 06-06-2015, 02:20 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,182,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I can deny what he's doing takes courage. His decision could just as easily be due to desperation, a narcissistic need for attention, mental illness, $$$. After decades of pretending he wasn't a she-wannabe, maybe he reached a breaking point of do it or suicide.
Why would someone pretend to be something if there was no fear of embracing it? Ergo, it takes courage to embrace something that a person has pretended wasn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Even if his decision was courageous, it pales in comparison to many other who could have been given the award.
I'm not sure that's true. There is a unique element to this situation that is true for cancer patients, survivors and victims. People with cancer didn't choose their circumstance. They didn't choose cancer. Opening one's self up to possible social ridicule takes a tremendous amount of courage. I can't imagine being a famous person and publicly announcing that I've decided to identify as a female. Nothing about life would remain the same, and that is obviously a very courageous decision. My hunch is that people who claim it doesn't take courage simply don't agree with the transgender agenda.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:22 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
You brought it up, not me. I said it was irrelevant to the conversation. I want you to think very carefully about the implications of what you just said. If that is the case, then there is a male brain and a female brain and they are different. This means if a woman has a male type brain, even if they completely identify as a woman, they are a man to you and vice versa.
What the hell are you talking about?

What would indicate a women has a male type brain, if they identify as a women? Because she's ballsy and alpha female?

If a women identifies as a women, then she is, in fact, a women.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,664,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

What would indicate a women has a male type brain, if they identify as a women? Because she's ballsy and alpha female?

If a women identifies as a women, then she is, in fact, a women.
If there are brain differences between men and women they can be observed scietifically through various brain scans. In fact there are differences in general and they can be observed but it all falls into a spectrum, it isn't black and white. For instance levels of grey matter vs white matter. When WildColonialGirl said that Bruce has a female brain and therefore Bruce is a woman, she is making the issue of brain structure binary, which it isn't, and that logic must be applied to all other people, whether they are trans or not. This in turn would mean that females with "male type" brains to be classified as men whether they like it or not.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
If there are brain differences between men and women they can be observed scietifically through various brain scans. In fact there are differences in general and they can be observed but it all falls into a spectrum, it isn't black and white. For instance levels of grey matter vs white matter. When WildColonialGirl said that Bruce has a female brain and therefore Bruce is a woman, she is making the issue of brain structure binary, which it isn't, and that logic must be applied to all other people, whether they are trans or not. This in turn would mean that females with "male type" brains to be classified as men whether they like it or not.
IMO, it appears you're somewhat in agreement with poster you replied to. I don't understand your argument. I think you missed WildColonialGirls point.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Now this is a travesty. If he's criminally responsible, that's one thing. But two adult stepchildren in their 50s and 60s?Don't tell me they didn't all see dollar signs.

The woman's death was tragic, but those two aren't children dependent, financially or otherwise, on a parent. This is nothing more than a moneygrab and a shakedown of Jenner.
Maybe, maybe not. We only know what we read in the news. I don't know Calif law, but it's not easy to sue people without evidence. If a judge doesn't toss out the case then it will probably go into mediation.

By the way, I resent the way the term "stepchildren" has been used to define their relationship with their mother without knowing anything about these women. It makes me cringe. I suppose if the woman adopted them, since they weren't her biological children, they'd be any less important? She was their mother for 40 years.

There's an old saying "What goes around, comes around" and, since the Kardashians are all about the money, they shouldn't be too surprised when someone else wants a piece of their pie.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Any one 'Keeping Up the Kardashians', helped make them the successful money pit. If the public didn't care, they would've faded into the woodwork.

Sex tapes and whatever else put them on the map for 10 yrs can't compare to being a world famous decathelete.

Caitlyn Jenner would've remained famous without the Kardashians help.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,517,422 times
No one is advocating limiting anyone's right to "transition" or live life however they want. People are free to do whatever they want.

If someone believes that gender cannot truly be changed, is that really hate? Is that word being tossed around too freely?

Old 06-06-2015, 03:36 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,755 times
Science has never determined gender by the brain. To identify true gender on all mammals on the face of the earth, chromosomes are used. He has XY chromosomes.
If his brain was the deciding factor, and he has a female brain, then he needs to give his gold medals back, because he was competing against the wrong sex.
He can identify as a woman, thats ok,but that doesn't mean he is female.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:41 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,755 times
Quote:
Imagine how that would impact the sports world. Including the Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies