Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 06:28 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you miss the posts where people are calling Jenner a freak, etc.?
Name calling is ignorance. Are people free to believe that gender/sex cannot be changed? Is that hate?

Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Should Jenner be inducted into the Int'l Women's Sports Hall of Fame?

He said he was always a woman trapped in a man's body, so he theoretically was one when he won his olympic medal?
Then he should be stripped of his medal because he was competing with the wrong sex.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:30 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Did Bruce have his jingo-jango and accompanying parts removed?
I believe he has chosen the tuck and hide maneuver, which I am sure is very comfortable.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you miss the posts where people are calling Jenner a freak, etc.?
Describing someone as freakish does not necessarily mean that one hates them. No one deserves to be hated unless they harm someone else (such as bringing shame or unhappiness to one's parents and children) or engage in hateful acts (such as exhibiting themselves to shock or disturb others for money).

Old 06-06-2015, 06:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

He said he was always a woman trapped in a man's body, so he theoretically was one when he won his olympic medal?
IMO he's a guy who has a mental dysfunction whereby he thinks he's a woman,likes to wear womans clothes and make-up and now thinks he's Caitlin. He's trapped all right, its in a world of mental delusion.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:50 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,811 times
[quote=Iaskwhy;39916447]You brought it up, not me. I said it was irrelevant to the conversation.[quote]

Your actual post begs to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
It's actually a terrible idea. Many people begin to align with their sex after hormones from puberty hit them.

That doesn't do anything to address the issue I was talking about. It actually just increases the arbitrariness of gender. If gender isn't related to sex, what is it related to?

If it is how one dresses, does that make a male in a dress a woman or a female in jeans a man? If it is related to how emotional someone is, does that make emotional males, women, or vice versa?

This would make perfect sense if we had gender roles that are set in stone. A transgender male would be a male who fits within female gender roles better and a transgender female would be a female who fits within male gender roles better. However, we don't live in such a society. Gender roles are no longer set in stone.

This is what is so bizarre about this issue to me. The same people that push the hardest to get rid of gender roles are the ones that promote trangenderism the most. It is contradictory.

Those people are neither male nor female, they are intersex and that is an entirely different issue.
Quote:
I want you to think very carefully about the implications of what you just said. If that is the case, then there is a male brain and a female brain and they are different. This means if a woman has a male type brain, even if they completely identify as a woman, they are a man to you and vice versa.
Oh! So you agree with me, then! Yes, if your brain says you're female, you're female, no matter what genitals you have.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:52 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
yes but women were not also born with a prostrate which Bruce has. And women who dont have overaries, uterus or cervix once had one. (you may be speaking of people who have had medical surgeries for cancer,e etc).

People that disagree with Bruce are not necessarily haters. They merely disagree. Ask any straight man if Bruce is attractive to them and they want to make love to him (her). you will get the answer.
Sometimes, but not always. See the intersex discussion.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:03 PM

399 posts, read 406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
There's more than one type of courage. There's courage in the face of mortal danger and there's courage in the face of public shame and humiliation.

We can laud both.

One does not negate the other.
What type of courage is it that makes you dress up as a freak and then collect millions of dollars? Sooo brave!

Old 06-06-2015, 07:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Name calling is ignorance. Are people free to believe that gender/sex cannot be changed? Is that hate?
I wouldn't say it's hate. People are free to believe as they like, but beliefs such as this without information to back it up is uneducated and ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Describing someone as freakish does not necessarily mean that one hates them. No one deserves to be hated unless they harm someone else (such as bringing shame or unhappiness to one's parents and children) or engage in hateful acts (such as exhibiting themselves to shock or disturb others for money).
Describing someone as freakish is hateful.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Oh! So you agree with me, then! Yes, if your brain says you're female, you're female, no matter what genitals you have.
WCG, the brain thing doesn't make sense. Nor has it been proven. Did I miss a link that you posted? Wouldn't that behoove everyone to get their brains checked in order to see their real gender? Parents should have their children scanned? Wouldn't that also mean that everyone who "identifies" as a woman would have to ALL have this alleged "female" brain? That's 100% of every woman on the planet would have to have this "female" brain AND 0% of men can show these brain characteristics.

I say this as an "alpha female" who's fairly aggressive, speaks her mind, has short hair, doesn't care about make up or clothes AND I consider myself feminine and 100% woman. I'd love to see my brain scan.

Are you really speaking about the mind, which would point to all of this resting in one's mental perceptions? Is that a bad thing if it rests in the mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies