Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on vaccinations?
Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all. 5 5.05%
The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people that they see fit. 29 29.29%
Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people. 65 65.66%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:18 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,756,032 times

Advertisements

A: Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all.

B: The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people if they see fit.

C: Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,536,389 times
Compulsory.

If we're going to allow people to infect others, we may as well allow people to drive at any speed they want. Public safety. Big concern. Why is this being politicized? I didn't know Jenny McCarthy had such political clout.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,300,530 times
Love em

Old 02-04-2015, 02:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times
I am very much against forced vaccinations. People should ultimately be able to decide if they wish to get some, all or no vaccines. It is not the government's place to force vaccinations, or any other medical interventions on people against their will.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:29 PM

549 posts, read 457,656 times
I checked the 3rd option, but would add

Government (taxpayers) should not cover treatment of illnesses caused by parents' choice to not vaccinate their children.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:40 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,922,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
I checked the 3rd option, but would add

Government (taxpayers) should not cover treatment of illnesses caused by parents' choice to not vaccinate their children.
I agree with Vvega. I would also add that if people opt out, schools can also choose not to admit their unvaccinated kids.

I am very pro-vaccination but also pro-freedom. Andrew Wakefield (and his buddy Jenny McCarthy ) were completely discredited. But I don't think that government should be able to force anyone to put any substance into their body. However, if you want your kid to attend government/taxpayer funded schools, the government should have the right to bar your kid from the school. Colleges, public and private, should be able to require vaccinations of anyone choosing to live in the dorms. Day care centers should be able to require vaccinations, or not admit an unvaccinated kid. Employers, especially in healthcare, should be able to require it of employees.

I'd rather see the government somehow "incentivize" vaccinating rather than mandating it.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:45 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,393,624 times
Depends on the vaccine.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Compulsory.

If we're going to allow people to infect others, we may as well allow people to drive at any speed they want. Public safety. Big concern. Why is this being politicized? I didn't know Jenny McCarthy had such political clout.
All vaccinations?

Old 02-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I agree with Vvega. I would also add that if people opt out, schools can also choose not to admit their unvaccinated kids.

I am very pro-vaccination but also pro-freedom. Andrew Wakefield (and his buddy Jenny McCarthy ) were completely discredited. But I don't think that government should be able to force anyone to put any substance into their body. However, if you want your kid to attend government/taxpayer funded schools, the government should have the right to bar your kid from the school. Colleges, public and private, should be able to require vaccinations of anyone choosing to live in the dorms. Day care centers should be able to require vaccinations, or not admit an unvaccinated kid. Employers, especially in healthcare, should be able to require it of employees.

I'd rather see the government somehow "incentivize" vaccinating rather than mandating it.
What about Tetanus? With Tetanus you can take the shot after you're at risk. i.e. You step on a rusty nail, you can go to the doctor and have a Tetanus shot at that time. There's no actual need to take it as a preventative measure but most do anyhow. Should we ban kids from school for not having a Tetanus shot?

Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,922,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
What about Tetanus? With Tetanus you can take the shot after you're at risk. i.e. You step on a rusty nail, you can go to the doctor and have a Tetanus shot at that time. There's no actual need to take it as a preventative measure but most do anyhow. Should we ban kids from school for not having a Tetanus shot?
Of course not. Just for contagious diseases. And before you ask, same goes for HPV. No one's going to pass it around in a school setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies