Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 02:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then why even put a law up for a vote if it is unconstitutional in the first place? I'm just saying that I can vote yea or nay on any law put up for a vote. It's my choice as a voter/citizen no matter who disagrees with the way I voted or if their "opinion" is that the way I voted violates someone's rights.
Because some legislators are not too bright.

You can vote on anything you want, but if the law passed does not pass the constitutional muster then it can and probably will be overturned.
People could go vote tomorrow to ban all religious practice, but the law would not stand since it violates the 1st amendment.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:55 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,524,610 times
Quote:
Then why even put a law up for a vote if it is unconstitutional in the first place? I'm just saying that I can vote yea or nay on any law put up for a vote. It's my choice as a voter/citizen no matter who disagrees with the way I voted or if their "opinion" is that the way I voted violates someone's rights.
Legislatures do it hopes that it will sneak through the judicial process, or out of ignorance of how it affects others. There is nothing wrong with you voting on the matter - votes usually occur in the states where state constitutional matters are an issue. The rest is handled through the legislature, as most constitutional republics are.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Because society changes, the will of the people changes, and therefore interpretations change. The constitution is a living document that must respond to changing times, like all living things.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Because at the time the bans were voted on less people supported the concept of same sex marriages.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,384,322 times
1. Age of consent has nothing to do with love, sex, marriage or anything. That is an matter of privacy. That is because some religious groups believe that sex is above the age of 30++

2. A minor just means they can not participate. Age of consent varies from nation to nation. Seriously I do not care anymore because a bunch of people are brainwashed out of the smallest flirting even into their 40 ( we are living an self-hating nation ).

3. The human brain stops BS is an lie. Psychologist can say bullishness but their is no science of love, sex, or flirting. So people just stop and grow. People were getting married at the age of 12 only fourty so odd years ago. Then people were not being responsible.

4. Look the truth is we have an bunch of selfish parents who do not want to deal with their children making children and DO NOT WANT TO HELP PEOPLE BE NORMAL. Just keep people dumb. Non-hets ( non-heterosexuals/LGTB ) are one example of people who are limited becuase now they live a life where everything is fun and games. Like if I stayed five my entire life and just clap my hands and watch TV all day long. FOR SOME PEOPLE THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE IN THEIR LIVES>

One man can marry more then one woman because people have their rights to. That is an normal thing in this world so please lets not make the problem bigger then it is.

EQUALITY BETWEEN THE SEXES are not meant for real women at all. In feminism it is called the OTHERS. The others are women who not dedicated to being wives but women who are basically men in an nutshell. Women who scream and yell over being women. Women who might look nice but can never exist with men at all. Are most Jewish women spending time being feminists? No. Are most East Asian women Feminist? No? bottom-line Femism is just another trap for women BECAUSE NOBODY TAUGHT THEM HOW TO BE WOMEN. However for real feminists who got the shaft in life ( like an messed up selfish husband who FUBARED the marriage ).

To make things worst non-hets and womanists who are non-heterosexuals also mixes in. The real feminist are practically invisible and barely have any say at all ). I am not talking about these money grubbing radicals or the women who made an random mistakes ( I say random because random is random ).

So we get into more problems as well. Bottom-line whining about people preserving their normality is stupid. Their is no problems with the South at all so people should just stop pouncing on them for garbage.

People just need to move on and grow up.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:05 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Then why even put a law up for a vote if it is unconstitutional in the first place?
Because that's how it works? Law is passed, constitutionality is challenged, court decides.

Quote:
I'm just saying that I can vote yea or nay on any law put up for a vote. It's my choice as a voter/citizen no matter who disagrees with the way I voted or if their "opinion" is that the way I voted violates someone's rights.
Of course. Segregation was massively popular, too.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:06 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
1. Age of consent has nothing to do with love, sex, marriage or anything. That is an matter of privacy. That is because some religious groups believe that sex is above the age of 30++

2. A minor just means they can not participate. Age of consent varies from nation to nation. Seriously I do not care anymore because a bunch of people are brainwashed out of the smallest flirting even into their 40 ( we are living an self-hating nation ).

3. The human brain stops BS is an lie. Psychologist can say bullishness but their is no science of love, sex, or flirting. So people just stop and grow. People were getting married at the age of 12 only fourty so odd years ago. Then people were not being responsible.

4. Look the truth is we have an bunch of selfish parents who do not want to deal with their children making children and DO NOT WANT TO HELP PEOPLE BE NORMAL. Just keep people dumb. Non-hets ( non-heterosexuals/LGTB ) are one example of people who are limited becuase now they live a life where everything is fun and games. Like if I stayed five my entire life and just clap my hands and watch TV all day long. FOR SOME PEOPLE THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE IN THEIR LIVES>

One man can marry more then one woman because people have their rights to. That is an normal thing in this world so please lets not make the problem bigger then it is.

EQUALITY BETWEEN THE SEXES are not meant for real women at all. In feminism it is called the OTHERS. The others are women who not dedicated to being wives but women who are basically men in an nutshell. Women who scream and yell over being women. Women who might look nice but can never exist with men at all. Are most Jewish women spending time being feminists? No. Are most East Asian women Feminist? No? bottom-line Femism is just another trap for women BECAUSE NOBODY TAUGHT THEM HOW TO BE WOMEN. However for real feminists who got the shaft in life ( like an messed up selfish husband who FUBARED the marriage ).

To make things worst non-hets and womanists who are non-heterosexuals also mixes in. The real feminist are practically invisible and barely have any say at all ). I am not talking about these money grubbing radicals or the women who made an random mistakes ( I say random because random is random ).

So we get into more problems as well. Bottom-line whining about people preserving their normality is stupid. Their is no problems with the South at all so people should just stop pouncing on them for garbage.

WTF did I just read? (Incidentally, I could introduce you to some Jewish women who'd verbally take you apart if you tried to argue that anti-feminist claptrap in their company.)

Old 02-10-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post

WTF? A woman is not a "real woman" unless she is dedicated to being a good little wife?

Seriously?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
WTF did I just read?
Thank you. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
That's one of my fears. When does it end all under the claim of civil rights?
Again, the age of consent has gone UP since this countries founding. The AOC was 10-12 in most of the colonies.
Guess it was ok to change THAT "tradition".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies