Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:28 AM

89,135 posts, read 44,939,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Think about it. How much does socioeconomic inequality, the COST that blacks payed for oppression, cost whites today
Ask Democrats. They're the ones blocking Black children's access to school vouchers and a shot at a better chance in life. They're the ones keeping Black kids trapped in inferior public schools. They're the ones keeping Blacks under-educated, and therefore socioeconomically oppressed and necessarily disproportionately dependent on public assistance programs ...all to guarantee votes for Democrats.

"It's not burn baby burn, but learn baby learn, so that you can earn baby earn." - Dr. MLK, Jr.

Democrats resist that. For votes. How pathetic.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Quote:
Of course you would......that way you can get/keep the benefit of something without paying the cost. That is your secret to success. Get more out of something than you put into it. You took the lands from the native Americans without giving something equal back, you took the labor from African Americans without giving something equal back, you took the resources from Africa, South America, without given something equal back.......and now you want to keep what you gained.
You are so full of crap its launching out of your ears at high pressure.

I bought my land. I took nothing.

What is that something I get without paying the cost? Please enlighten me.

All you want is "free" money to assuage your faux outrage.

Damn right I keep what I bought. And it damned sure as hell wouldn't be any slave. Too much upkeep, too expensive like a high dollar *****.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,469,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Patently false. Johnson came to this country as a slave, he later employed indentured servants when he was freed, and his land was taken by the state of Virginia after his death because he was a black man, which according to the law meant he had no rights whatsoever.

Please stop getting your information from Stormfront.
You have no clue. He was an indentured Servant who was freed and given some land. He in turn got himself some indentured servants and when it was time to free them he took it to court and said he OWNED them and won. That ushered in the slavery you all hate. Yup, by a black man!!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I hate to tell you guys but there are blacks that STRONGLY believe in reparations. They said they would fight till they die for it. I'm black myself and I made a comment on FB about how reparations were dumb and boy, why did I open that can of worms. I mentioned things like how would one qualify for this reparation? Would new taxes be required? Would only whites pay this "reparation tax"? What if my parents were inter-racial? Would I only get half? What if my ancestors actually owned slaves? Would I have to pay the new tax? I was then sent some articles to read on how reparations were given to other races and it worked. Am I waiting on reparations? No. I went ahead and got an Engineering degree instead. But if they do come, drinks on me.
Well done, sir. Well done! You heeded Dr. MLK, Jr's words.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This question is phrased based on a fundamentally racist view of the world. It is this sort of hostile, contentious and adversarial perspective that is the root of the problem here.

If you want to get out of this mire, you have to be willing to let it go.
I do not have a racialized view of the world.....just America since the vast majority of its history has been racialized. Actions produce reactions. I am saying why is America, if not "white America", intransigent to solve a problem that it essentially created? If America did not create the problem...then who did?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I do not have a racialized view of the world.....just America since the vast majority of its history has been racialized. Actions produce reactions. I am saying why is America, if not "white America" intransigent to solve a problem that it essentially created? If America did not create the problem...then who did?
Africa!!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are so full of crap its launching out of your ears at high pressure.

I bought my land. I took nothing.

What is that something I get without paying the cost? Please enlighten me.

All you want is "free" money to assuage your faux outrage.

Damn right I keep what I bought. And it damned sure as hell wouldn't be any slave. Too much upkeep, too expensive like a high dollar *****.
People in the PAST did the TAKING....making it available to capitalism....to then sell at a profit. The fact that you did not take it does not mean that you are not benefiting from what was taken.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
People in the PAST did the TAKING....making it available to capitalism....to then sell at a profit. The fact that you did not take it does not mean that you are not benefiting from what was taken.
Africa benefited from the sale. What do we do now?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You have no clue. He was an indentured Servant who was freed and given some land. He in turn got himself some indentured servants and when it was time to free them he took it to court and said he OWNED them and won. That ushered in the slavery you all hate. Yup, by a black man!!!!
Yes, that's the court precedent that legalized slavery in the U.S. It was done by a Black man.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, that's the court precedent that legalized slavery in the U.S. It was done by a Black man.
Yes it is but too many want to deny it for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies