Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 08:20 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
This is a WELL Baby visit, Doctor never refused treatment concerning any baby

It's the equal right of this Doctor not to accept someone as a patient.

Just as that same somebody... can decide not to accept her as their Doctor

This is not bigotry, it's called fairness. It's ethical too. They both hold that right equally which seems to burn you up

Anyone who sees anything other than fairness is likely looking right in the mirror.

Again both parties have equal rights. Unless of course, you are the Biggot you so despise

And I'd hate to think such a thing. So let's be fair eh?

Yes she did. This is what the article is about.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 PM

511 posts, read 509,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I'm not talking about rights, I'm talking about professional ethics. So you would have no problem with the professional ethics of a doctor who refused to see a baby just because it's parents were an interracial couple?
This Doctor showed kindness in referring the baby despite her not being required to.
Heck she even ensured baby was seen that day by someone else, not even re-scheduling the appointment. The couple wasn't even put out.

This Doctor has excellent ethics which is why this all unfolding as it is.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
This Doctor showed kindness in referring the baby despite her not being required to.
Heck she even ensured baby was seen that day by someone else, not even re-scheduling the appointment. The couple wasn't even put out.

This Doctor has excellent ethics which is why this all unfolding as it is.
The doctors ethics suck.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:29 PM

511 posts, read 509,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes she did. This is what the article is about.
Natalie the baby cannot have treatment unless there is an illness or ailment present to treat

duh...

So AGAIN, and again and again, baby wasn't denied treatment

A day late and a dollar short

Old 02-21-2015, 08:30 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
"Child of Lesbians" is not a protected class.

And while I don't agree with this at all, we still live in a free country, and a business owner is still entitled to serve or not serve whoever they choose.
Contrary to the freedom liberty and independence bull**** spouted off we do not live in a free country.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:39 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Natalie the baby cannot have treatment unless there is an illness or ailment present to treat

duh...

So AGAIN, and again and again, baby wasn't denied treatment

A day late and a dollar short
Are you kidding. Babies have check ups every month. They have their first shot at one month. What are you missing??

Old 02-21-2015, 08:47 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Last I checked, a doctor's job was to treat people, period. If she doesn't want to treat certain people based on her religious beliefs, maybe she's in the wrong line of work.

I wonder if Jesus would have turned them away. Something tells me no.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you don't have kids. Young children go in for well-child visits pretty frequently.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
Last I checked, a doctor's job was to treat people, period. If she doesn't want to treat certain people based on her religious beliefs, maybe she's in the wrong line of work.

I wonder if Jesus would have turned them away. Something tells me no.
This doctor is treating people. A doctor can pick their patients just as their patients can pick them.

How would you feel picking a doctor you knew disliked your lifestyle? Would it be good with you to be forced to see them? Or would you prefer to pick someone else?

Their reasoning may be lame but we can't nor should we try to force everyone to think alike.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:02 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
One thing I've seen many medical centres and other services doing is putting a rainbow or rainbow families sticker on their door/window or having pamphlets targeted at LGBT patients/clients/families. They are sending the message that LGBT people are welcome and won't get treated rudely and unprofessionally by bigots like Dr Roi.

Perhaps people like Dr Roi could do the world a favor and put up anti-LGBT stickers or a sign that LGBT patients aren't welcome, so people (including non-LGBT people) know to avoid them.

Pretty sad that this is still an issue in the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies