Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 12:03 PM

511 posts, read 509,279 times

Advertisements

CALIFORNIA MEDICAL BOARD WEBSITE

FAQ - Practices and Protocols | Medical Board of California

Does a physician have to accept new patients?

No. A physician has a right to determine whom to accept as a patient, just as a patient has the right to choose his or her physician. A physician also may terminate a patient without cause as long as the termination is handled appropriately (see Question "Can a physician refuse to treat a current patient?").

Michigan law was referred to already in this thread via a link and it is similar

Old 02-21-2015, 12:23 PM

It seems all this couple did is briefly meet the Doctor beforehand. They stopped by once.

They didn't even get as far as reviewing paperwork (the contract) or even meeting together at the appointment

Another Doctor was referred instead

They went out of their way to seek this Doctor out, saying they heard good things about her.

Yet ended up going after her in a witchhunt of lies calling her names in the media trying to ruin her. How bizarre is that

This seems SET UP to me

I smell a fish

I wonder how much this couple gets paid for their various "interviews"

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 02-21-2015, 12:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL BOARD WEBSITE

FAQ - Practices and Protocols | Medical Board of California

Does a physician have to accept new patients?

No. A physician has a right to determine whom to accept as a patient, just as a patient has the right to choose his or her physician. A physician also may terminate a patient without cause as long as the termination is handled appropriately (see Question "Can a physician refuse to treat a current patient?").

Michigan law was referred to already in this thread via a link and it is similar
Michigan law allows businesses of public accommodation to refuse customers based on sexual orientation and that alone. California law does not.

If this had taken place in California, Dr. Roi's refusing to do business with this family because of the parents homosexuality would have been an absolute violation of California law (in addition to being a violation of the AMA code of ethics).

Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
It seems all this couple did is briefly meet the Doctor beforehand. They stopped by once.

They didn't even get as far as reviewing paperwork (the contract) or even meeting together at the appointment

They went out of their way to seek this Doctor out, saying they heard good things about her.

Yet ended up going after her in a witchhunt of lies calling her names in the media trying to ruin her. How bizarre is that

This seems SET UP to me

I smell a fish

What did they lie about? What did they do that many people don't do everyday on opinion sites? Everytime I purchase a hotel room through a site like Hotwire I get asked my opinion on them. I bought something on Amazon and was asked my opinion on the seller and product.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Michigan law allows businesses of public accommodation to refuse customers based on sexual orientation and that alone. California law does not.

If this had taken place in California, Dr. Roi's refusing to do business with this family because of the parents homosexuality would have been an absolute violation of California law (in addition to being a violation of the AMA code of ethics).
Post #108. Seriously I want to know.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Please provide me this information as I've provided you because you've been wrong here more than you've been right.Hint: It's probably found at the state of michigan medical board website.

Also the wording says PUBLIC. This is a PRIVATE PRACTICE.
Did you miss my other post explaining the difference? A hospital or the Indian Health Clinic I go to for my care, they are bound to DIFFERENT laws because they offer services to the PUBLIC via our tax dollars. My health clinic accepts donations since it is an urban non-profit so I choose to contribute $$ for my own care. My other doctor, De Souza in Foresthill California he OWNS HIS PRACTICE. He is bound by different laws. He CHOSE to accept me as his patient

TIP: Make sure you understand WHO THIS LAW IS ACTUALLY ADDRESSING

meaning whether the doctor patient relationship has been established (a legal term) in order to know the definition of PATIENT is within the law. Don't give me laws that apply to patients when this Doctor didn't accept baby as her patient. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Find the law(s) which apply to this situation

Make sure you understand that the law is protecting THE BABY. It doesn't cover the Babies parents sexuality, the Babies Grandparents sexuality, the Babies Neighbors sexuality, the BABIES foster parents sexuality, and so on from discrimination. ANd again, discrimination takes place within an established DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. And if I am wrong, please show me AND I WILL APOLOGIZE and thank you for all your hand work in correcting my error. Because if we don't have truth on our side, we cannot discuss anything

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 06:30 PM..

Old 02-21-2015, 06:43 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:

This seems SET UP to me

I smell a fish

They heard good things about her and were referred by their midwife. If the doctor had issue with their family, she should have said something on the first meeting instead of letting the couple come in after the child was born (when many first time parents are particularly nervous) to meet a completely new doctor.

What the doctor did was not illegal in her state (thankfully, it would be in mine). She should have the strength of conviction to deal with the negative press and response to her choice.

If a doctor told me she could not treat my child because my child is Jewish, you're darn right I'd be going to the press and shouting it from the rooftops. Why should refusing to see a child because their parents are lesbians are gay be any different?

Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
They heard good things about her and were referred by their midwife. If the doctor had issue with their family, she should have said something on the first meeting instead of letting the couple come in after the child was born (when many first time parents are particularly nervous) to meet a completely new doctor.
You make no sense.

It was ALREADY VERY VERY EARLY they brought their 6 day old baby wanting their 1 month Check up.

At 6 days old, and the WELL BABY Visit isn't normally scheduled until 3 more weeks, they had PLENTY of time

Besides, the Baby DID see a qualified doctor 3 weeks early. Who in the world can complain?

Baby hadn't even settled in yet was drug to a doctors office where we all know, sick people are.

These are professional doctors offices and they have procedures. Information for both

parties comes together at an appointment. And this appointment happened WEEKS prior

There are no medical conditions which dictate that time was of the essence but they were accomodated none the less.

Maybe they needed money and instead of letting baby settle in, drug the poor thingto the office to start their swindles and schemes asap.

They were probably practicing their interviews while in the waiting room fantasizing about $$$dollar signs

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-21-2015 at 07:28 PM..

Old 02-21-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

If a doctor told me she could not treat my child because my child is Jewish, you're darn right I'd be going to the press and shouting it from the rooftops. Why should refusing to see a child because their parents are lesbians are gay be any different?
This is scary stuff, I assume you are exaggerating

Of course I am not going to condone your screaming like hitler from the rooftops and going to the press dictating a specific Doctor accept your Jewish Child into their practice. Nor would I dictate like Hitler screaming from the rooftops and going to the press about your Jewish Child not accepting a Muslim Doctor (but accepting a Jewish Doctor in his place)

This is NOT Nazi Germany.

We DO NOT teach our children such animalistic inhumane tactics to get our own way. Nor promote this hate be done to children because of their religion as the deciding factor of who they choose as their physician..
Nor use infants as pawns for $$schemes$$ to exploit them in the media.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:37 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Private practice doctors can pick and chose on who to see.

For whatever reason.
Then, why does a Christian business have to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Why can't it "pick and choose"?

I think I know why the doctor may have chosen as she did, but that would be off topic and open the proverbial can of worms.

Doctors do have a lot of money that could be tapped in the case of a lawsuit...just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies