Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wonder if your fellow right wingers know you think this?
What an idiotic question. I wrote it, didn't I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't get my news from right wing sources that are prone to lying to their viewers.
That was your response? You got caught and had no other comment but a snarky remark. Typical.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:26 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,341 times
Once again, this document wasn't a bill:

FCC Net Neutrality Plan Draws Republican Complaints | Re/code

Quote:
One of Wheeler’s aides, Gigi Sohn, clarified that the actual rules are only about eight pages and the rest of the document includes the agency’s response to comments received about the proposal.

[...]

The document hasn’t been made public because FCC rules bar agency officials from releasing any such documents before a vote. It’s a historic agency practice that has often frustrated interest groups, companies and reporters who cover the agency.

Here's a fact sheet about Chairman Wheeler's proposal, which was available prior to the vote.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-331869A1.pdf

Old 02-26-2015, 12:27 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't get my news from right wing sources that are prone to lying to their viewers.
In other words, you are completely clueless about this subject and trying to distract from that fact.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Why? Do you want your Internet provider controlling the speed of your Internet and what you can ans cannot see?
They already limit the speed of my internet, and net neutrality isnt going to speed up the dam internet lines..

Who limits what I can see right now? I'll wait for an answer..

Old 02-26-2015, 12:32 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,420 times
"The FCC chairman said that they will be released after the vote."

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny. This was no private corporation boardroom meeting. The FCC should be dis-banded. No??? Which tyranny do you want to contract with? The ISP of your choice or the ISP that is government sanitized and approved?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
I wonder if your fellow right wingers know you think this? Or maybe you think your internet should be fully controlled by your internet provider where they are free to limit what you view. Does that sound like a good idea to you?
The only people limiting what people can view right now, is the government. It wasnt that long ago that people couldnt even gamble online... Legally..

I'm not sure if its legal right now or not, but regarldess, ISP's dont limit it.. despite claims left wing kooks keep making that somehow content is filtered and we need government to save us..

Old 02-26-2015, 12:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
ISP's are NOT limiting your viewing of anything! Stop lying already.
Currently it isn't, but it could without protection. Why do you think a former Verizon lawyer is fighting net neutrality so hard? Have you ever asked yourself that question?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
What an idiotic question. I wrote it, didn't I?
Yes you did, uninformed rural right wingers only matter when it comes to voting it seems.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:41 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
For everything that is throttled, something else gets faster.
Yes, but if you don't want what's getting preferred service than that doesn't benefit you now does it? This would also limit choices since only the large players could afford to pay higher fees in order to get good service. Hordes of personal websites, search engines, and ecommerce sites would have to either deal with slow loading or simply shut down. And we are kidding ourselves if we think that ISPs will only do that to websites. They will then do the same to customers as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies