Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It's Dandruff?
Psoriasis.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
<Family Guy>
Lesbian school girl-"so you're choosing to be straight"
Meg-I thought it wasn't a choice?
Lesbian school girl-"Well not for guys"

Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,620,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Moron. Why do people keep listening to this jerk.
He was discovered by FoxNews. I've never seen him on any other network besides FoxNews. FoxNews replaced Herman Cain with Ben Carson as the Republicans black alternative to President Obama.

Last night Ben Carson went on Bill O'Reilly's program and announced he was organizing an exploratory committe to see if it would be worth it for him get in the race for the Republican presidential nominee

FoxNews, how hypocritical they are. One of their talking points when Obama and McCain were running against each other for President, was Obama did 'n t have the experience to be President of th he United States. This Ben Carson guy has no political experience. None what so ever. FoxNews ignores that.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Given he's deemed the ACA to be worse for this country than the Civil War, WW I, WW II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, et al, I don't believe he has much of a thinking process, at least not much prior to speaking.
Yeah what a bunch of useless rhetoric. To be fair though, Dr. Ben was against health care companies period and this was dating back to the days of Senator Kennedy's universal healthcare in the early 1990s before the Clinton proposal was drafted. At least he never really changed his tune.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
He's shrewd, he's playing the numbers; less than 10% of the population is gay.

He's going after the 90%.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:52 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times
The reality is that is may or may not be a choice, there are multiple factors, one of which is choice, just as much as your favorite music may or may not be a choice. Some might say, "I can't help it, I just love heavy metal, I was born that way!" I'm sure to some degree that is true but also your environment and personal choices led you to become a heavy metal fan, and its possible to be converted to being a heavy metal fan. This is acknowledged with sexuality with the concept of Situational sexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Ben Carson is right... it is a choice. Either you choose to have sex with same sex people or you chose not to.

It is an activity one becomes involved with. Then they believe they are gay and take on the identity of their actions in their sexual activity with same sex partners.

When one is in lust with their own sexuality they become attracted to the same sex. It is a choice.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 AM

939 posts, read 795,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Prison proves it.

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice - CNN.com

Two questions:

(1) Why does Dr. Carson believe that he is correct in the face of all existing scientific evidence to the contrary? I've never met a gay person who says their sexuality is a choice. The overwhelming anecdotal evidence opposes Dr. Carson's view as well. Why does Dr. Carson think he's correct when the rest of his profession, and the overwhelming majority of gays say he is wrong?

(2) How can a medical Dr. use the ridiculous prison example-- textbook false causation-- to justify this? For a world renown surgeon and intelligent man, he's willing to come across as a simpleton on this issue... What's behind it?

To be clear, this discussion is about Dr. Carson and his thinking process... If you want to debate whether homosexuality is a choice, you're welcome to do so in 1987.
You NEVER will meet a gay person who thinks it's a choice. That would mean taking personal responsibility- which they are not going to do. Scientific evidence is useless with many issues- this one included. I believe that THEY believe they have no choice- it's unfortunate.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You NEVER will meet a gay person who thinks it's a choice. That would mean taking personal responsibility- which they are not going to do. Scientific evidence is useless with many issues- this one included. I believe that THEY believe they have no choice- it's unfortunate.
If sexual orientation is a choice, I challenge you to be gay for the rest of the week. I challenge you to turn off your sexual and romantic attraction to members of the opposite sex and turn on a sexual and romantic attraction to members of the same sex. Some Sunday, undo it.

And then please, tell me how you were able to do it.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ben Carson is right... it is a choice. Either you choose to have sex with same sex people or you chose not to.
Please pay attention to the conversation. We're talking about sexual orientation, not sex acts.

Quote:
When one is in lust with their own sexuality they become attracted to the same sex. It is a choice.
Huh? In previous post you've said homosexuality is caused by an infestation of lust demons. But now you're saying it's a choice.

Which is it - caused by an infestation of lust demons, or consciously chosen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies