Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 12:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
No, I'm not complaining at all. While the ACA has problems, it has provided health insurance for several million who weren't previously covered. Isn't more persons having better health coverage (or at least some coverage) an improvement?
obama said we needed to pass ACA in order to insure the 32 million uninsured americans.

At last count, we were over 40 million uninsured.

All they did was kick lots of people off insurance, and then add some to the welfare roles through subsidies, and then claim its a success because it fell, after it increased, and the taxpayers are picking up the tab.

Even the CBO said we'll never get below 30 million uninsured.

Claiming its a success, even though it wont insure 10% of its intended goal, only a Democrat can call that a success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 12:15 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
When the government says it's here to help... RUUUUUUUN away! It has been proven time and time again but there are always people who never learn the lesson.
Ind33d my friend!!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 AM

191 posts, read 172,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
obama said we needed to pass ACA in order to insure the 32 million uninsured americans.

At last count, we were over 40 million uninsured.

All they did was kick lots of people off insurance, and then add some to the welfare roles through subsidies, and then claim its a success because it fell, after it increased, and the taxpayers are picking up the tab.

Even the CBO said we'll never get below 30 million uninsured.

Claiming its a success, even though it wont insure 10% of its intended goal, only a Democrat can call that a success.

Your wrong on the number of uninsured this year and in the future. Take a look at the CBO report and tell us what the numbers are. This is a free country you know, no one makes people buy health care. There are 30 exemptions for the ACA...

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...-ACAtables.pdf

Old 03-12-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Your wrong on the number of uninsured this year and in the future. Take a look at the CBO report and tell us what the numbers are. This is a free country you know, no one makes people buy health care. There are 30 exemptions for the ACA...

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...-ACAtables.pdf
Your own link shows its 35 million without insurance, (per Obama, we started with only 32 million uninsured americans) and only 3 million of the "newly insured" are non-subsidized, with 14 million subsidized at a cost of 74 billion dollars for 2015 alone, at an average cost of nearly $4,000..

We went from 32 million uninsured, to 35 million, while subsidizing 14 million, which makes reducing the prices IMPOSSIBLE. Some might see a reduction in premiums, but these subsidies are paid for by taxes, and changing how you pay for it, switching from premiums, to taxes, doesnt mean you're now saving money and cutting costs.

This subsidy, goes to $6600 cost in 10 years, leaving 27 million uninsured.

total spending over 10 years $1.2 TRILLION dollars to fall from 32 million, to 27 million, PLUS state spending.

What happened to the projections that ACA would reduce the deficit?
What happened to the projections that ACA would cut costs $2500 per family?
What happened to the need to pass ACA to insure EVERY american, because people were going BANKRUPT, or DYING without insurance?
Why would we increase the subsidy 50%, if premiums are going to fall, like we were promised?

Does NOT look like the success Demcorats like to pretend it is.

Wouldnt it have been more effective to JUST expand medicaid?

Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
The very reason I cannot stand Obamacare is because Americans are now forced to get health insurance that they can't afford to begin with. Employers will skimp out on working hours so they don't have to pay for my insurance. My mother has to pay for my insurance until I'm 26, and she's struggling financially as it is without having to pay $300 a month.

Guess what? I as an American do not have a choice of whether or not I can opt out of these things given to me. Instead of targeting Americans who are still struggling from a recovering economy, why not target healthcare companies who are ripping off insurance companies and bloating the bill even higher, costing them and their patients thousands of dollars more than their service is worth. How about they let the American people buy insurance when they can afford it? Their law is costing people more money than it needs to be. If I had a choice, I'd opt out of my employer's insurance so I get more hours, and more pay. I'd opt out of being under my parent's insurance so my parents don't have to suffer.

Why not instead target the lower class people who are struggling to get by? Maybe set a law that an employee who is paid up to 50% more than the state's minimum wage is entitled to health insurance benefits at no expense to them. So employers will have to either pay their workers more money so they can buy their own insurance, or buy their insurance for them.
There is nobody that hates it for cause but there are some people that hate it, well, because that's what they are told to do.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is nobody that hates it for cause
This shows the liberal mentality, they think they understand 320 million individuals situation and everyone falls into the same category.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:44 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Ocare is a good conservative idea, which the conservative's are forced to run away from because the Pres. got it through.

Funny

Old 03-12-2015, 06:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is nobody that hates it for cause but there are some people that hate it, well, because that's what they are told to do.
Oh, please. And nobody voted for Obama on the basis of his skin color either, right? And anyone who opposes Obama does so only because he is black? Right?

Policies don't matter. What matters is that this is the Obama administration, and everything he does must be supported. If not, your a racist bigot.

I have read testimonies from people who have been forced under the ACA to see a doctor other than the one they have seen most of their lives, and drive many more miles to see that doctor.

I have read testimonies of people (I cited one above) that are paying premiums far more than they paid in the past ($1,000/mo or more) and with deductibles of $15,000 or more. With costs like that, what good is insurance? Your better off (if you can even afford it) to take that money and save it in a special account every month and pay your own bills. If your insurance doesn't kick in till you've reached $15,000 in bills, you've thrown $1,000.00/mo in the trash.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Ocare is a good conservative idea, which the conservative's are forced to run away from because the Pres. got it through.

Funny
No its not.. the conservative idea was to offer people tax CREDITS to be able to purchase insurance, not tax punishments for not buying.

They are opposite of one another, but continue the Democratic talking point, i always like to know who's drinking the koolaid

Old 03-12-2015, 06:59 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No its not.. the conservative idea was to offer people tax CREDITS to be able to purchase insurance, not tax punishments for not buying.

They are opposite of one another, but continue the Democratic talking point, i always like to know who's drinking the koolaid
You missed the tax credit part of Ocare then. They are called handouts by the right,except when it comes to corp. getting those same credits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies