Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 07:55 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Your blindness to what it's done to people is legendary.
ACA is way too complex a plan and was never my choice. I remain in support of a public option.

However for those with pre-existing, ACA has been good.
For the poor and Medicaid it has been good in AZ.

For the relatively young and healthy, they will in many cases pay more.

My wife's plan already came down on the order of 50% this year with new plans and more competition in AZ. I came down about 50% as well by going to my office plan/HSA.

Have I read about so many that seem to have gotten screwed at least so far in other states, but in my practice we don't hear many complaints. We have fewer uncovered patients, and at least in AZ we are seeing changes in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A friend of my wife's has to pay $1000/mo premium with a $15,000 deductible. With costs like that, what good is insurance?
If you have serious disease or risk, this is much better than no coverage at all. This is high deductible coverage for someone with pre-existing disease. With a major claim the deductible will be used up in a flash. And you can bet that if this patient does not have the means, and/or can bargain, much of her OOP or deductible could disappear.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't get employer based health care insurance. I pay for the entire bill so why should I have to pay more because of Obamacare moochers? No matter how you try to justify it, it's still mooching.

If you are going to call me a moocher I'll be waiting for a check from you to pay my way. You're all takers. Now get off my ass to pay your way. We're sick of it.
When you are 65 you will mooch just like everyone does or hopes to.

<LOL>

Old 03-11-2015, 08:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
When you are 65 you will mooch just like everyone does or hopes to.

<LOL>
Nope, I was FORCED TO PAY into it all my life. If I had my CHOICE I wouldn't have put it into my account. You better damn well believe I plan on drawing the money I paid into it out. Gotta problem with that?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
So because you chose the self employed route and I chose the route that provides me with esi I now have Should be in the same boat as you? Sounds like jealousy. Don't you deduct your premiums anyways? All your business expenses? Do you see a difference between making something not taxable and GIVING someone a credit.

I do see where youre coming from I just don't see it the same way because the money from my benefits being pre tax does not come from your pocket.
So in other words, you are no different from the old people holding up signs that say, "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" YOU get your healthcare subsidized, but no one else should.

I think all you moochers who are sucking up billions of dollars that the government should be collecting should be forced to pay for your healthcare the way those of us without employer based subsidies had to for all the years before the ACA. I guarantee you could not afford it. And boy, the level of whining would be unprecedented.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Nope, I was FORCED TO PAY into it all my life. If I had my CHOICE I wouldn't have put it into my account. You better damn well believe I plan on drawing the money I paid into it out. Gotta problem with that?
You aren't drawing your money out you are mooching off whoever will be paying the taxes at the time you get your moocher check.

You can tell yourself you ain't mooching all you want to but that doesn't make it true.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:02 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is the truth that everyone who complains about the subsidies in the ACA refuse to address. Employer based insurance has been always been subsidized by the government. Anyone who has tried to buy health insurance without that government/employer subsidy knows the true cost of healthcare. No one could afford it without subsidies.

It's time that people who receive their health insurance through their employers acknowledge that they have been subsidized all along.
Sounds like an argument for abolishing the progressive income tax to me.

Quote:
The largest tax subsidy for private health insurance — the exclusion from income and payroll taxes of employer and employee contributions for employer-sponsored insurance (ESI) – is estimated to cost approximately $250 billion in lost federal tax revenue every year.

Why is the government entitled to any of it?i love the arrogance, it "costs" the federal government like they really believe it's theirs for the taking.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Preexisting conditions matter with the old system. ACA was necessary. Funny, myth Romney did it in Mass. For all the crying Republicans do, they never proposed anything else!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
So in other words, you are no different from the old people holding up signs that say, "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" YOU get your healthcare subsidized, but no one else should.

I think all you moochers who are sucking up billions of dollars that the government should be collecting should be forced to pay for your healthcare the way those of us without employer based subsidies had to for all the years before the ACA. I guarantee you could not afford it. And boy, the level of whining would be unprecedented.
It's not mooching because it's not something for nothing. I chose my career path because I knew it provided excellent benefits in lieu of higher pay. Mooching is a subsidy it's my tax dollar going to you for nothing. Mooching is an eitc you're getting my money for nothing. Do you understand how taxes work other than you "getting the money you're entitled to"

Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Preexisting conditions matter with the old system. ACA was necessary. Funny, myth Romney did it in Mass. For all the crying Republicans do, they never proposed anything else!
Republicans were never allowed to be part of the process creating Obamacare.

Obamacare wasn't And isn't needed. Obamacare is just a way to redistribute wealth under the cloak of healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies