Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
The very reason I cannot stand Obamacare is because Americans are now forced to get health insurance that they can't afford to begin with. Employers will skimp out on working hours so they don't have to pay for my insurance. My mother has to pay for my insurance until I'm 26, and she's struggling financially as it is without having to pay $300 a month.

Guess what? I as an American do not have a choice of whether or not I can opt out of these things given to me. Instead of targeting Americans who are still struggling from a recovering economy, why not target healthcare companies who are ripping off insurance companies and bloating the bill even higher, costing them and their patients thousands of dollars more than their service is worth. How about they let the American people buy insurance when they can afford it? Their law is costing people more money than it needs to be. If I had a choice, I'd opt out of my employer's insurance so I get more hours, and more pay. I'd opt out of being under my parent's insurance so my parents don't have to suffer.

Why not instead target the lower class people who are struggling to get by? Maybe set a law that an employee who is paid up to 50% more than the state's minimum wage is entitled to health insurance benefits at no expense to them. So employers will have to either pay their workers more money so they can buy their own insurance, or buy their insurance for them.
Why are you making your momma pay for your insurance? Get out and get a job freeloader!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
My Insurance costs have gone up 80% in the last 2 years.

I must be spreading the love.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I utterly detest it.

I had coverage that fit me.

Now after the monstrous lie from the serial liar, I prefer to pay a fine which was zeroed out due to my tax credits.

And I have the personal satisfaction that no one is mooching off of me.

What's the Plan B in the event you have a serious accident, become a victim of a violent crime or acquire a nasty life threatening disease?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:00 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Then why isn't it taxed as compensation?
Don't worry. It's coming. Why do you think it is reported on your w2 now? Just one more step and the sheeple will put up with it. Because we like roads bridges and schools.

Those are some expensive roads schools and bridges though at a debt of 18 trillion

Old 03-11-2015, 07:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
What's the Plan B in the event you have a serious accident, become a victim of a violent crime or acquire a nasty life threatening disease?
What? That should be his choice. You worried that someone isn't paying your share?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Default It's pretty easy to see

Those getting a free ride or subsidy just love Obama, those paying for the free ride or the subsidy don't like him so much.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:15 PM

10 posts, read 6,926 times
Fortunately, my Wife and I are retired and don't have to fool with Obamacare. My Son will need to soon, though. He's recuperating from back surgery. From day one, he and I argued about O'care. Me against and him all for it. Yet he still is not covered. It wasn't like he envisioned it to be. He simply can't afford it, along with some other snags I have forgotten. My sister in law is a single mom trying to support 2 teen sons. When she called to sign up, she discovered the monthly premium was only $12 a month. But the deductible was $5,000 per year. So she's left not knowing what to do. I'll definitely not be voting Democrat in the future.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso4 View Post
Fortunately, my Wife and I are retired and don't have to fool with Obamacare. My Son will need to soon, though. He's recuperating from back surgery. From day one, he and I argued about O'care. Me against and him all for it. Yet he still is not covered. It wasn't like he envisioned it to be. He simply can't afford it, along with some other snags I have forgotten. My sister in law is a single mom trying to support 2 teen sons. When she called to sign up, she discovered the monthly premium was only $12 a month. But the deductible was $5,000 per year. So she's left not knowing what to do. I'll definitely not be voting Democrat in the future.
That was part of the scam. Yep she may have lower premiums but she better pray that she never has to use it. Many people didn't look into it. They just jumped on the Obamacare bandwagon before understanding what was in it. Some people are easy to fool that way. I hope your son learns and his eyes are opened. unfortunately it takes something like your sons situation to wake up.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Don't worry. It's coming. Why do you think it is reported on your w2 now? Just one more step and the sheeple will put up with it. Because we like roads bridges and schools.

Those are some expensive roads schools and bridges though at a debt of 18 trillion
Taxing employees for the value of the employer's' contribution to the premium and requiring employees to pay taxes on their share of the premium are Conservative ideas ( see CATO Institutue) are out there.

This thread was started on the premise that a substantial portion of those who bought insurance via the Healthcare exchange, recieved subsidies and are therefore moochers. It failed to take into consideration that those who have insurance via their employers recieve substantial subsidies because they are not taxed on their employers's contributions or their own. This class of moochers dwarfs the class who are being subsidized via the healthcare exchange.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Taxing employees for the value of the employer's' contribution to the premium and requiring employees to pay taxes on their share of the premium are Conservative ideas ( see CATO Institutue) are out there.

This thread was started on the premise that a substantial portion of those who bought insurance via the Healthcare exchange, recieved subsidies and are therefore moochers. It failed to take into consideration that those who have insurance via their employers recieve substantial subsidies because they are not taxed on their employers's contributions or their own. This class of moochers dwarfs the class who are being subsidized via the healthcare exchange.
I don't get employer based health care insurance. I pay for the entire bill so why should I have to pay more because of Obamacare moochers? No matter how you try to justify it, it's still mooching.

If you are going to call me a moocher I'll be waiting for a check from you to pay my way. You're all takers. Now get off my ass to pay your way. We're sick of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies