Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 12:55 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Give me a break. I've done the math for you about 50 times. You didn't pay more than $50,000 if I'm very very generous with the numbers.
Completely incorrect for me. The last year (ONE YEAR) of taxes before I retired, I paid tens of thousands of dollars in Medicare tax, alone. I've been a high income earner for decades.

Quote:
What you want is to justify taking my money to pay for you.
Actually, I'm pretty damned sure I've subsidized you, and HEAVILY so because of the extremely high taxes I've paid over the decades.

I got SICK TO DEATH of all the ungrateful TAKERS, especially here on city-data, so I said "F*ck it!" and retired early. I'll NOT be a tax slave for greedy selfish assh*les, anymore.

I live at the beach, now, and life is GOOD!!!

Old 03-17-2015, 12:57 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
We can address cases such as yours if you can prove you actually were investing in Coke. As it is, you were typically paying a few hundred (or less) in Medicare on any given year. AND many on Medicare got coverage for their spouse who didn't work at all. But you will need to prove you were actually buying Coke stock.

To say you would have invested in Coke in 1970 is like saying you should be paid on a lottery ticket when you never even bought one.

That said, it sounds like you would be happy to give up Medicare if we can come to an agreed amount and you feel it would be in the range of $500K after you prove you buy Coke stock in 1970. After that, no matter what, you pay for yourself. No free heart bypass surgeries.

That's the beauty of it. Once Medicare is dead, we get a lot of seriously humbled seniors.
Your ridiculous posts are pure entertainment. Who does he have to prove he was buying coke stock to? My personal investments have yielded over 15% annual return since the 90's. You cannot get it through your head that many of us could have and would have parlayed our medicare contributions into far more than the actual contributions themselves. I suspect you are a college student as your arguments and lack of understanding are quite naive. Only an idiot would stick money in a tin can in the backyard to pay for future needs. You seem to be confused by the concept.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
According to your own previous post you do not pay more medicare taxes than anefpt. You are losing this argument.
anefpt line-itemed his Medicare contributions. I just noted my main Medicare contribution which was just under $6K. Not sure why that matters though. I'm not collecting Medicare benefits, you are not paying anything for me.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Your ridiculous posts are pure entertainment. Who does he have to prove he was buying coke stock to? My personal investments have yielded over 15% annual return since the 90's. You cannot get it through your head that many of us could have and would have parlayed our medicare contributions into far more than the actual contributions themselves. I suspect you are a college student as your arguments and lack of understanding are quite naive. Only an idiot would stick money in a tin can in the backyard to pay for future needs. You seem to be confused by the concept.
Hey, some people really do buy stock and good for them. Some people bought Enron and lost their shirts. You are asking the country to pay you based on a guaranteed successful stock after the fact. Here's the bonus - you get more of your money back to invest in those "guaranteed successful" stocks. And since you're such a brilliant stock investor, you probably have millions in the bank already.

It's not like the paltry amount you paid into Medicare is the reason you aren't wealthy. It just wasn't that much money. You can pretend it was but it doesn't make it true. That poster can say he would have bought Coke. But he could have also sold all his Coke stock and bought Enron instead, leaving him with nothing.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
anefpt line-itemed his Medicare contributions. I just noted my main Medicare contribution which was just under $6K. Not sure why that matters though. I'm not collecting Medicare benefits, you are not paying anything for me.
His itemized medicare taxes came to $7,900. It only matters because you brought it up.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, some people really do buy stock and good for them. Some people bought Enron and lost their shirts. You are asking the country to pay you based on a guaranteed successful stock after the fact. Here's the bonus - you get more of your money back to invest in those "guaranteed successful" stocks. And since you're such a brilliant stock investor, you probably have millions in the bank already.

It's not like the paltry amount you paid into Medicare is the reason you aren't wealthy. It just wasn't that much money. You can pretend it was but it doesn't make it true. That poster can say he would have bought Coke. But he could have also sold all his Coke stock and bought Enron instead, leaving him with nothing.
I am not asking the country to pay me anything. You are the one who came up with this silly premise.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
And yet, here you are posting away with no thought of doing any work. Or is this posting your work?

Why do you accept subsidies? You are. Whether you admit it or not you are. And yet hate everyone else that (you think) gets them.

As I previously wrote, hypocrisy.

With you, its I've got mine (thanks to my wonderful subsidies) and to hel* with everyone else.

Again, hypocrisy.
What are you talking about? I don't receive any subsidies. I don't buy from the ACA. I just don't see the point in supplementing Medicare when seniors are so opposed to the ACA.

You aren't paying one single penny for me. And I don't want to pay for you.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I am not asking the country to pay me anything. You are the one who came up with this silly premise.
So you support ending Medicare? That is very good to hear. I don't owe you health coverage.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
His itemized medicare taxes came to $7,900. It only matters because you brought it up.
I will need to have my tax return to itemize it all but it still doesn't matter. For those that are on Medicare, they did not pay that much. Come on, you know this yourself.

And how much I paid is meaningless since I am not using Medicare and I'm supporting ending it. I'm not asking you to pay for me. So what is the point? I don't want to pay for you and I'm not asking you to pay for me. This is not complicated.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:10 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
I will need to have my tax return to itemize it all but it still doesn't matter. For those that are on Medicare, they did not pay that much.
Actually, only the lower-income earners did not pay that much. Middle class and above paid a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies