Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 12:59 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Drug induced psychosis. You believe the above happened therefore it did happen.

Otherwise you are wading in a sea of BS.
you can't experience psychosis from marijuana, hahaha, jesus christ, you're all delusional. Yes, the last 6 years have been continuous psychosis, I have no job, no family, all those places I traveled they don't exist, all those concerts I've played, PURELY a figment of my imagination. I'm living in a perpetual state of psychosis, in fact no one's even reading this right now, because I'm imagining myself typing it .

Oh, and btw, there's no real "reccomended dosage" of marijuana. If you smoke a joint to yourself, you will be high, if you smoke 30 more within, heck, and hour, NOTHING will change (well your throat might hurt cuz jeese that's a lot of smoke". If you ingest a brownie with a gram of weed oil you will feel your high in a bout 30-45 min. If you then eat 5 more brownies...guess what... NOTHING will change. That's because weed is not like alcohol, you can get high and there's a certain threshold, it loses it's affect until you come down and wait for a while, even then you can't get the same high until you sleep it off. That's why you can't overdose, and that's why this article is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 12:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Check the screen name boys and girls...I DO NOT SUPPORT DRUG PROHIBITION. Not even a little. I think heroin, cocaine and every other slow suicide chemical should be legal. I think every single person currently in prison for a drug sales/possession crime should be released. I hate the prison-industrial complex that is fed via drug prohibition laws, and I mean hate with the white hot intensity of 1,000 suns.

So I am not defending the prohibition of sweet leaf.

I am merely stating two things, either one of which is commonly ignored by one side or the other in this debate:
  1. Alcohol is by far the most lethal drug used by Americans. It trumps all other drugs combined for how many people it kills directly or indirectly every year. So the prohibition zealots need to shut up about about how harmful other drugs are when perfectly legal alcohol is Killer Numero Uno.
  2. Marijuana is harmful in a number of ways, most commonly long term brain damage to some degree, a commonality it shares with many other drugs, some of which are legal prescription drugs. So the anti-prohibition people need to stop preaching about marijuana like it cures disease, makes the blind see, and is just super awesome and good for kindergartners. There are all manner of negative physical and mental effects of smoking/ingesting THC. They're well documented. So stop with the praise and glory of MJ like it's Brita filtered water.
And once more, for the cheap seats, let it be legal. If someone wants to cut their IQ in half by rocking the chronic on a daily basis, so be it. Their body, their brain, their choice. Just don't make me pay for their lifestyle at all. Not their weed, not their bong, not their food, clothing or shelter. Caveat emptor. You want to be a blaze head, cool by me, just do it on your time and your dime. But I say the same thing about alcoholics and chain smokers. Do your thing, just don't tax or obligate me for your choices.
Fair enough. I knew based on your handle and the many posts of yours here on CD that you are not one to support restricting individual liberties. I agree with you that nothing is totally harmless. Moderation is obviously key, and I only wanted to point out that cannabis does have benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
The only way marijuana is harmful is if you smoke it. Period. THC is not harmful whatsoever. Stop spreading the lies! Seriously, what happened to you to make you so against something you clearly know nothing about? You can partake in marijuana every single day and it will have 0 negative effects. It alters your state of mind for a couple hours. Sure if you toke up before work, your work may suffer for 2-3 hours, but if you're going to watch a movie and you toke up before hand NOTHING has changed, you still watched the movie. Now I've never heard of it curing diseases, making them easier to deal with yes, but not curing. And no one is suggesting it cures blindness or is good for children, that's just ludicrous! But in all honesty, I've become a more productive, respectable, and mature member of society since I started smoking, so tell me. What do you have to say about that?

Well, I may not totally agree with his stance regarding how harmful or not cannabis is to someone, because it has been found to be beneficial for a number of different chronic conditions, but it like ANYTHING is not 100% harmless! I partake, and I support legalization, because prohibition of the stuff has caused more harm and destroyed more lives than the actual substance itself! At any rate, knowing that he does not support the police state, and the restriction of individual liberties.... well... I think that makes him an ally. Don't you?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
No I have never seen a drunk ramble incoherently and freak out unless he was already crazy, and neither have you. Drunks act like uninhibited versions of themselves with poor motor skills. Someone in a manic episode is acting bizarre and out of character, like how the family said their son was acting.

Can Marijuana Cause Psychosis? - Scientific American
The article clearly states: Cannabis might trigger psychosis in vulnerable individuals, but conflicting evidence leaves many open questions

WHY is there any reason to believe, other than your predisposition to do so, that cannabis isn't like alcohol in inducing psychosis in those who are "already crazy"? What part of "many open questions" do you take to be irrefutable proof?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
"Yeah but big pharma".......................

Is that all you have?

Psychosis induced by dope directly lead this guy to offing himself.

You can't get around that regardless of the amount ingested.
How common is marijuana induced psychosis? Not very. This guy ate way more then what he should have. That was a really stupid mistake on his part which led to him getting ridiculously high. His family members then chose to leave him alone even though they saw how messed up he was. This was an unfortunate but rare scenario.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
No I have never seen a drunk ramble incoherently and freak out unless he was already crazy, and neither have you. Drunks act like uninhibited versions of themselves with poor motor skills. Someone in a manic episode is acting bizarre and out of character, like how the family said their son was acting.

Can Marijuana Cause Psychosis? - Scientific American
lol, you must live in the bush & not come across humans ever because your post is hilarious. Happens to drunk people everyday everywhere. Believe it.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Big pharma.......

Old 03-26-2015, 01:06 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
The only way marijuana is harmful is if you smoke it. Period. THC is not harmful whatsoever. Stop spreading the lies! Seriously, what happened to you to make you so against something you clearly know nothing about? You can partake in marijuana every single day and it will have 0 negative effects. It alters your state of mind for a couple hours. Sure if you toke up before work, your work may suffer for 2-3 hours, but if you're going to watch a movie and you toke up before hand NOTHING has changed, you still watched the movie. Now I've never heard of it curing diseases, making them easier to deal with yes, but not curing. And no one is suggesting it cures blindness or is good for children, that's just ludicrous! But in all honesty, I've become a more productive, respectable, and mature member of society since I started smoking, so tell me. What do you have to say about that?
The mind is a delicate and complex instrument, what you experience from a psychoactive drug will not be what everyone experiences.
Some really do lose their short term memory from smoking, they are called stoners for a reason.
Some really do freak out, especially from smoking cheap schwag.
And if you are predisposed to mental illness smoking it will more than double your chances of developing schizophrenia compared to an equally at risk person who does not smoke it. Multiple studies confirm this.

Last edited by HiFi; 03-26-2015 at 01:15 PM..

Old 03-26-2015, 01:07 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Just look at the huge amount of revenue generated by Marijuana taxes in Colorado, it's a HUGE economy booster! Also, funny you mentioned Zappa, he was incredibly anti-drug of any sort.
War generates more revenue than any other government funded activity. Don't use money collected by government as a moral justification for anything, really.

And I know about Zappa and drugs, but most diehard MoI/Zappa fans are not exactly what I'd call Puritans, if you know what I mean. I am sure there are diehard loyal Grateful Dead fans who have never gotten high in their lives and are as pure as new fallen snow, but I've never met one.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
"Yeah but big pharma".......................

Is that all you have?
No, what I have is the fact the linked article clearly states he took 5x the recommended dosage, something you're apparently intent on glossing over.

Quote:
Psychosis induced by dope directly lead this guy to offing himself.
There's not a scintilla of anything remotely close to factual here proving the cause of him offing himself, you're making baseless allegations. Where is the evidence he didn't have undiagnosed psychiatric issues?

Quote:
You can't get around that regardless of the amount ingested.
Get around what? Your predisposition to blaming the pot with no facts supporting that blame?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
The mind is a delicate and complex instrument, what you experience from a psychoactive drug will not be what everyone experiences.
The same can also be said for what one individual experiences from life being different from what anyone else experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies