Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 07:02 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times

Advertisements

Haven't read so much Hate in a long time.what do you all do for fun.or is this it hating.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:06 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Much of all of this hating seems to be from people who identify with my religion - Christianity.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:13 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
To who ever sent me the little message - Christians have said some nasty things. I think you miss read my post.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:14 PM

546 posts, read 408,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
No, I would not "accept their beliefs". Nor should anyone. Not when they are using them as an excuse to violate the rights of others - and being able to buy food and yes, even get flowers for and catering for a wedding are rights belonging to every human being.

Don't misquote me. I didn't ask anyone to accept their beliefs, only to accept that they have different beliefs.

I don't share their beliefs. If I had a business, I would cheerfully provide my services for same sex weddings.

What I do understand is that people disagree on religious issues all the time. I have friends and family all over the spectrum (including atheists and agnostics). I don't make a practice of mocking what any of them believe, even if I think some of it is pretty "out there".

What I do understand is that their beliefs are as important to them as mine are to me, and attempt to respect them as human beings who simply see the world differently than I do.

It's not agreeing with or accepting the beliefs of X to NOT send them a Christmas card, it's accepting they don't celebrate Christmas. Sending them a Christmas card isn't going to harm them in any way, or shake their beliefs, but what is the point of sending one, if I think it might be offensive?

Is that so hard to do? A little respect and mutual courtesy?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Has anyone heard any of the death threats this pizzeria actually got or was it all hearsay? They seem to be playing the victim pretty good as do a lot of Christians. I cannot believe Christians would actually finance and support bigots since bigotry is against Christ's teachings.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Never said it was my concern. I'm allowed to be curious, aren't I? Calm down Francis, I'm just saying that they've outed themselves, now nationally, as true-blue Christians and I'm curious what, as true-blue Christians, they will do w/ their new found windfall.

PS: Don't use numbers in place of words, it's juvenile.
PPS: Don't begin to assume that you know me or what I may or may not "despise".
You have no idea what lies ahead for them. What if they can’t open the shop again? What if they have to move? What if they become unemployable? Their goal was $200K. It is not their fault that it has gone over. May be they donate some of it to charity in the end. What is more important is that you would have never initiated this campaign for them. You’d be perfectly Ok if they ended up broken and destitute. They had it coming to them.

Last edited by HappyRider; 04-03-2015 at 07:43 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 07:23 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
You know what's funny in this thread and the other ones like it? People seem to think that, because this family has raked in so much money in this fundraiser, this proves that they they "win", that this is proof that they, conservative Christians, are right and all the "liberal fascists" are wrong.

Yes, this family is better off financially, but what about Indiana? The damage has already been done there and the state has already lost money, never mind goodwill and reputation.

The fact that public pressure and scrutiny forced the governor to make changes to the law is proof of the opposite argument, that the public, as a whole, is against using religion as an excuse to discriminate.

Under the new law, what the pizzeria owners said wouldn't be condoned or allowed. These people getting all this money via GoFundMe =/=using religion to discriminate against gays is okay and validated. In fact, the opposite has been proven true overall.

If the public as a whole opposed allowing businesses to discriminate based on sexual orientation, Indiana would already have passed a law making it illegal, as would the 29 other states without them. This was a huge victory for the gay/left propaganda machine, a sympathetic media, and large business interests.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 PM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Donations have been stopped. A total of $842,387 was raised to support the owners of Memories Pizzeria.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:33 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times
How about the employees of the target business?The hate extends to them too.What kind of car did the owner drive gonna boycott that brand? Hate makes you crazy.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Has anyone heard any of the death threats this pizzeria actually got or was it all hearsay? They seem to be playing the victim pretty good as do a lot of Christians. I cannot believe Christians would actually finance and support bigots since bigotry is against Christ's teachings.
I heard that one HS coach tweeted something about going to burn the place down, but she was suspended or fired for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies