Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:03 AM

920 posts, read 634,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
That's the kind of ignorance I would expect coming out of Iowa.

Is asking a member of the KKK if they dislike black people a "gotcha" question? If you were black and only had to contact 7 business to be called a n*****, would you say "wow, it's really not that bad, it took 7 contacts!!"

Unbelievable. Stop the hatred. Your bible doesn't give you the right to be a jerk.

And engaging in deviant sexual activity and demanding society embrace it does not give the LBGTQFATHLSHKSDHFSFHAF++++ coalition the right to bully, threaten and destroy people, either!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Every dollar donated is a statement in support of bigotry.

If they had the best pizza in the entire midwest I wouldn't eat it if they brought it to me for free.

The people making threats are idiots.
And that is your right. That's called the free market.

You do not know what bigotry means. Just because you do not agree with their religious rights does not make them anymore of a bigot than you are for dismissing their rights and calling them names because of their religious beliefs.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What "religious freedom" has been lost that explicitly needs to be restored by law?
The one where you can state your religious beliefs and not have the force of the STATE deny you of your livelihood or face angry hoards threatening your business or your family with the support of the STATE.

Read the First Amendment...

Old 04-03-2015, 09:17 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Typical. These owners express their stance on the issue, then get death threats and boycotts from the "tolerant" lefties. Its always a one-way door with those clowns.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:26 AM

950 posts, read 924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
The threats and bullying behavior was over the top and should not be tolerated. However, they will probably go under due to boycotting. I wouldn't give my money to them.
If they already got $375,000...............I doubt they noticed you didn't contribute

Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The right has "shut down" gay marriage for years. I still can't get married, so effectively the right has shut down my marriage event.
The right has repeatedly tried to shut down the ONLY abortion clinic in my state. They have protested, tried to pass "special" laws that would only apply to that one business to shut it down. The clinic has had bomb threats, the employees have had death threats.

Trying to claim that the right doesn't do the same things as the left is ignorant.

There is no such thing as "gay marriage" to "shut down." You have never been denied the right to marry any more than any other woman in this nation. You want the State to redefine the definition of marriage and give you the special privilege of a protected relationship.

Gays have engaged in civil unions and commitment ceremonies for decades. No one on the "right" have ever waged a war to prevent those ceremonies and you know it.

And a simple internet search shows that your statement about having only on abortion clinic in your state is false, so it seems unlikely that the rest of your statements on that issue are credible.

Also, trying to pass legislation, which is how things are done, hardly equates to death threats, shutting down businesses by calling in threats, public ridicule and bullying tactics of the LGBTQFKJQQXYZ++ mafia.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The entire state of Indiana is going to have to set up a GoFundMe campaign.
Not after the Governor buckled to the gay mafia.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,955,708 times
Then there are the Salesforce people saying they don't feel comfortable living in Indiana and the CEO giving one of them 50k so they can move out.

Talk about salacious.

Were these Salesforce people being discriminated against and by whom, Salesforce? Where are the lawsuits?

More likely, just more made up news.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:57 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
[quote=Utopian Slums;39071179]Kinda like the right trying to "shut down" abortions and gay marriage- "events they didn't like."

Reaching back to one or two events a quarter century ago goes to show how weak your argument is. The national armada unleashed on this little pizza place is nothing like candle vigils here and there.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Every dollar donated is a statement in support of bigotry.

If they had the best pizza in the entire midwest I wouldn't eat it if they brought it to me for free.

Could you give the same advice to your buddies to just go down the street to another pizza place? Never mind that they NEVER declined to serve anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies