Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Well now they are forced into hiding afraid of death threats and afraid to deliver the pizza to strangers who may want to harm them. People have now donated over $300,000 to the family if they go under they do it with style.

I have to agree this is going too far. They answered a hypothetical question regarding servicing gay weddings and all heck broke loose. They have never actually refused service to anyone for any reason. This is not helping the gay cause. It is angering people . Wise up .
Agreed 100%. This is something that those in the gay rights movement (and acknowledging that not everyone in the movement will behave this way) have to understand. Even if the Supreme Court legalizes same sex marriage and additional legal protection are won, you won't go about changing hearts and minds (which is just as important) by engaging in such bullying tactics.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 PM

The fund has raised over $50,000 in the less than 2 hours since I've posted this thread, and now stands at $433,000. While I'm not criticizing the fund, I think there is a point where it becomes too excessive and a bit ridiculous.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:24 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Ever notice how the faithful take care of others? No bullying. No death threats.... unlike the gay mafia. Every dollar donated is a statement in support of religious freedom!
Is this sarcasm? It's really hard to tell on the Current Events forum.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:38 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
How would a business know if a customer was homosexual or otherwise unless the customer made it known?

I have yet to go buy a pizza anywhere and have person taking the order ask if the customer was gay. So how does that happen?

I visit San Francisco once in a while and never hear anyone in a store asking if the customer is straight, gay or anything else.

What I do hear is "will that be cash, debit or credit?"

So far, I haven't noticed that anyone has to tell anyone about their sexual preferences or anything like that before the buy something in a store.

As for people like Tim Cook, he is one of the worst offenders there is, his company supports the economics of countries that harbor some of the worst human rights positions the world knows today. His company has manufacturing in China yet he says nothing about that nor does he demand changes or pull his company's operation out if they do not change.

He is as so many that make public spectacles of their sexual orientation are, a person of convenience and self service. He is a shameful individual and barely fit to be called a human being.So long as money flows into Apple, he really cares less what anyone does. He has the bank accounts to prove it beyond any doubt.

This was a fabricated situation designed to create a perception to support an agenda, nothing else.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How would a business know if a customer was homosexual or otherwise unless the customer made it known?

I have yet to go buy a pizza anywhere and have person taking the order ask if the customer was gay. So how does that happen?

I visit San Francisco once in a while and never hear anyone in a store asking if the customer is straight, gay or anything else.

What I do hear is "will that be cash, debit or credit?"

So far, I haven't noticed that anyone has to tell anyone about their sexual preferences or anything like that before the buy something in a store.

As for people like Tim Cook, he is one of the worst offenders there is, his company supports the economics of countries that harbor some of the worst human rights positions the world knows today. His company has manufacturing in China yet he says nothing about that nor does he demand changes or pull his company's operation out if they do not change.

He is as so many that make public spectacles of their sexual orientation are, a person of convenience and self service. He is a shameful individual and barely fit to be called a human being.So long as money flows into Apple, he really cares less what anyone does. He has the bank accounts to prove it beyond any doubt.

This was a fabricated situation designed to create a perception to support an agenda, nothing else.
To be fair, the owner would know a customer's sexual orientation if its clear they are catering/baking for a gay wedding (if the couple comes in for the order or other means, etc.). Still, a better question is who in the world would order pizza for a wedding?? That's what the pizzeria owner was asked in a ridiculous question from a "journalist" that has led to all of this commotion. A ridiculous question that was so far out of the realm of likelihood that it shouldn't automatically been trashed for the crap that it was.

Overall, though, you're right in that this is a non-issue. It's telling that "journalists" and leftist activists have to get answers to absurd hypothetical fact patterns and cannot find concrete evidence of discrimination (indeed, before this legislation was passed and fixed, it was perfectly legal in Indiana for business owners to deny services to the LGBT community; ironically, with the "fix" its not illegal for them to do so).

And, yes, Cook is a hypocritical fool, and a dishonest, hate-baiting hypocritical fool at that. He condemned this Indiana act that, even before its "fix" was no different in substance and effect from the Federal RFRA (I already touched on this in my OP), misleading the public in the process, all the while being the head of a company doing business in countries where homosexuality remains illegal and gays are beaten and killed for being who they are regularly. It's just as you wrote.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:13 PM

8,080 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Kristalnacht, anyone?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:16 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
The threats and bullying behavior was over the top and should not be tolerated. However, they will probably go under due to boycotting. I wouldn't give my money to them.
I did. $478K as of now.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Beyond that, there have been physical threats to the person who established the fundraising event, as well as his mother and family! The guy is black and there is a lot of racist crap being thrown at him. And gays are the victims.
I thought Crystal O’Connor was a family member. Apparently not. Who gets the money then? Just the owner? Next time these bullies try to run someone out of town they’ll think twice about it. BTW, they should thank Rush for the money. I would have not known.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I will say that a lot of the nastiness I've seen comes from the left, which is often hypocritical as they decry mistreatment from others. When I was in college, only leftist student groups would "shut down" events they didn't like. I've seen such behavior extend to the real world as well, which is a shame as it turns me off from being sympathetic to many leftist messages.
Kinda like the right trying to "shut down" abortions and gay marriage- "events they didn't like."

No one should tolerate intolerance. It's about human decency not "left v right."

This will be the best thing that ever happened to them and they should be thanking "the left" for that, or at least thanking the united hatred toward them. Almost up to half a million now.....

Old 04-03-2015, 04:17 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
It's a shame religious people have to behave this way. You are going to have your radicals on both sides. Right wingers should have known that when they opened this can of worms with their law that Tense Pence signed. He has been dancing around the truth as to why the law was needed in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies