Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 01:49 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Your post completely proves my point. The site supporting discrimination got hundreds of thousands. I find it hard to imagine, but inspired by someone like Rush Limbaugh people give money to strangers to praise them for discriminating. Sad but hardly shocking.

May I remind you that no one was discriminated against?

(Unless you count the threats, in which case, the pizzeria was discriminated against.)

Old 04-04-2015, 02:02 PM

590 posts, read 714,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another gofundme account.

Can someone pretty please set me up with one?

I'm tired of my job and I'm too old for this s**t, please help me, every penny counts!
How does gofundme even work? I've never had it explained to me. Couldnt someone just set one up and claim their kid has cancer and they lost their job and have no health insurance and then raise a ton of money and then cash in and disappear? Isn't there any followup from some entity to ensure theres no fraud going on? I can't imagine theres no follow up of any kind.....

Old 04-04-2015, 03:16 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Just goes to show you that stupid people will donate money to try to salvage their right to hate and be bigots. I just hope the family takes the money, fails to pay taxes and all end up in jail.

Or...conversely....people are sick and tired of being brow beaten or dictated to by special interests groups to accept an abnormal lifestyle they don't agree with....they can't express this publicly or will be made to look like fools (or boycotted, protested against, etc.) by said groups and the liberal media looking to support the agenda and for ratings.......so, in this case, such people are speaking with their wallets......now it's almost $900,000 in support vs $15 - 20K for the "liberal" crowd.....Of course you will portray them as religious kooks and throw out the "haters" and "bigots" cards but you can't get it through your head that many of this silent majority are normal everyday people who just don't agree either with the lifestyle OR the bullying by these groups to force total acceptance of it "or else" .

Old 04-04-2015, 03:17 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
May I remind you that no one was discriminated against?

(Unless you count the threats, in which case, the pizzeria was discriminated against.)
No doubt. Seems to me, that what is happening to these folks.is about as hateful and bigoted as it gets. Death threats even. All coming from those wonderful, enlightened and tolerant folks who just want to be recognized. What a lovely bunch they are.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:21 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Or...conversely....people are sick and tired of being brow beaten or dictated to by special interests groups to accept an abnormal lifestyle they don't agree with....they can't express this publicly or will be made to look like fools (or boycotted, protested against, etc.) by said groups and the liberal media looking to support the agenda and for ratings.......so, in this case, such people are speaking with their wallets......now it's almost $900,000 in support vs $15 - 20K for the "liberal" crowd.....Of course you will portray them as religious kooks and throw out the "haters" and "bigots" cards but you can't get it through your head that many of this silent majority are normal everyday people who just don't agree either with the lifestyle OR the bullying by these groups to force total acceptance of it "or else" .
The majority of people wanted to keep slavery too for many years. It doesn't make it right.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The fund has raised over $50,000 in the less than 2 hours since I've posted this thread, and now stands at $433,000. While I'm not criticizing the fund, I think there is a point where it becomes too excessive and a bit ridiculous.

It is now up to $800K, it is more than ridiculous.

Does anyone ever look at the history of a business like this? Whose to say the owners didn't come up with something because they want to shut the doors?

What better way to get a huge chunk of change and also shut your doors.

And just to be fair, there was a lesbian couple in FL who the last day of school their son(biological child of one of them) went to school with a gay themed t-shirt was sent home, and they sued the school district, why did he have to wear that the last day of school? Maybe they're behind in their mortgage?

I just can't imagine in this economy people turning away business. I really wonder if this isn't an on purpose let's play the "victim" and get a windfall by the dummies who donate to stuff like this.

Lets see as of now $800K vs. having to work 6 days a week making and delivering pizza.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:39 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
The majority of people wanted to keep slavery too for many years. It doesn't make it right.
How do you know that? Slave owners might have liked it but not everybody. Incidentally, no slave was denied pizza either.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Lets see as of now $800K vs. having to work 6 days a week making and delivering pizza.
So the TV station must have been in on it. Besides, if it is that easy why don’t YOU do it and retire.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So the TV station must have been in on it. Besides, if it is that easy why don’t YOU do it and retire.
Try doing a little "critical thinking" there Happy Rider.

I question things. It seems odd when you have your own business and one that is not what you call a needed business(sure who doesn't like pizza but it's not needed) as someone who runs say a auto repair business or a their own plumbing business. Those are essentials, pizza and take out food isn't. That you would go out of your way to not take business, in a still shaky economy.

Maybe they were in financial trouble, tired of running the business, etc.

You do realize that people burn down their own businesses all the time to collect insurance money, some get caught and some don't.

I am not saying this is definitely the case here, but I question the timing and possibly the motive.

Now it's apparently up to one million, so yes I do wonder when I see one million dollars vs. having to run a pizzeria 6 days a week.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:31 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How do you know that? Slave owners might have liked it but not everybody. Incidentally, no slave was denied pizza either.
No they were denied freedom and forced to work for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies