Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree that "Black racists don't matter"?
No, I don't agree 50 86.21%
Yes, I agree 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So, if I'm renting an apartment and my landlord is a white male racist, that doesn't affect my life?

This is so wrong it's not even funny.

Oh yea, right... that means black people have more political power than white people. Let's not forget that all branches of government are disproportionately white.

I don't give a damn about special treatment. My point was that a black racist doesn't have as much power to negatively influence others as a white racist.

How many of our law enforcement officials are white? Put a white male racist in a police uniform and what do you get?

Keep plugging your ears.

You would just find another place to look for an apartment rather than give your money to a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
So, if I'm renting an apartment and my landlord is a white male racist, that doesn't affect my life?
How is that any different than if a white person rents from a racist black person?

In that situation, the power dynamic is flipped. You suffer just as much as the white person with the opposite problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated
Oh yea, right... that means black people have more political power than white people. Let's not forget that all branches of government are disproportionately white.
At the local and state level, governing bodies are way more diverse.

Where do you think most of what affects you day to day comes from? The federal government, or the local government?

Quote:
I don't give a damn about special treatment. My point was that a black racist doesn't have as much power to negatively influence others as a white racist.
The average white racist has literally no ability to negatively influence you other than to be an annoyance.

If the key additive is "power," then there are many, many times when a black people WILL wield power. I am absolutely floored by the victim complex where so many black people refuse to see black people are in power, everywhere in this country. At every level of government. They make decisions that affect all of us. That affect the lives of people in other countries. As much as whites? Of course not. But this complete discount of facts on the ground shows that so many on this message board are untraveled and lack real first hand knowledge about the business, legal and government worlds out there.

My own brother was passed for a job by a black woman who refused to even shake his hand at an interview. That woman was later fired for preferential hiring practices towards black people, and my brother eventually got a job at that same place.

Who had the power?

Quote:
How many of our law enforcement officials are white? Put a white male racist in a police uniform and what do you get?

There is no "national police force!" There are local forces and departments, and each department will have various representation on race.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Keep plugging your ears.
And this is why you are not taken seriously.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
It wouldn't affect me personally, because my income and credit score are self-explanatory. But.. that lower income black single mother...
Have her move in with you if you are so caring. Or is that attempting to make an actual difference rather than just complaining about to hard for you?

Sometime you may actually have to take an action and stand for the consequences for it instead of just whining.

Last edited by Arjay51; 04-09-2015 at 11:03 AM..

Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
You have white privilege.

You missed the point.

Then again, you probably think the criminal justice system is equal or that housing discrimination doesn't exist anymore.
And you apparently see racism where ever you look. Try looking into a mirror to see true racism.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
You have white privilege.
My "white privileged" is as only half as strong and real as your black stupidity.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
How is that any different than if a white person rents from a racist black person?

In that situation, the power dynamic is flipped. You suffer just as much as the white person with the opposite problem.

At the local and state level, governing bodies are way more diverse.

Where do you think most of what affects you day to day comes from? The federal government, or the local government?

The average white racist has literally no ability to negatively influence you other than to be an annoyance.

If the key additive is "power," then there are many, many times when a black people WILL wield power. I am absolutely floored by the victim complex where so many black people refuse to see black people are in power, everywhere in this country. At every level of government. They make decisions that affect all of us. That affect the lives of people in other countries. As much as whites? Of course not. But this complete discount of facts on the ground shows that so many on this message board are untraveled and lack real first hand knowledge about the business, legal and government worlds out there.

My own brother was passed for a job by a black woman who refused to even shake his hand at an interview. That woman was later fired for preferential hiring practices towards black people, and my brother eventually got a job at that same place.

Who had the power?

There is no "national police force!" There are local forces and departments, and each department will have various representation on race.
So what’s responsible for your selective intelligence, assuming you are intelligent? Hmmmmmm…..I wonder are we dealing with an intellectually honest broker in you and others who fail to integrate the obvious. Let’s start with the fact that blacks are only 13% of the population, whereas the white population is around 70% (greater considering that some Hispanics classify themselves as white). Now, take the fact that the unemployment rate for blacks is twice as high as for whites and that black poverty is 3 times that of whites and that black wealth is about 20 times less than whites. Hence, blacks are numerically too deficient to have a collective impact upon whites and the numerical deficiency is exacerbated by blacks being disproportionately among the unemployed and poor. Thus, even if blacks had the racist Motives, their numerical and socioeconomic deficiencies deprive them of the MEANS and OPPROTUNITY to oppress whites as a collective.

Now, that having been said, there are blacks in positions of authority and power. However, the vast majority of those positions are the result of being elevated to those ranks by whites. Obama would not be President if not for the votes of whites, even if the majority of whites did vote against him. Thus, he would sabotage his career if he practiced racism against whites because whites would not have elected and then reelected him if such was part of his platform. The same is true for blacks who become CEO of some company. If the board of that company is predominately white, how is he going to get away with trying to hold back whites? Once the system promotes you, then you promote the system. Ergo, if whites promote blacks to positions of power and authority, those blacks will in turn promote the way whites want things done, and I am sure they will not accept a black racist who seeks to keep whites down. Thus, most blacks in positions of power and authority are beholden to whites to maintain that position of power and or authority. Such is not true for most whites in position of power and or authority, meaning that they are not beholden to blacks.

In light of those facts, your dissent really does not make any sense in the macro analysis. Sure, in the micro a black racist can do harm to a white person but not enough to impact the macro position of whites in this country. On the other hand, white racism impacts blacks at the micro and macro level through the tyranny of the majority, plus, their disproportionate allocation of wealth, power and authority. Think of it this way. Our abiility to impact whites is akin to a 5 year old ability to impact a grown adult male. The five year old can wind up and hit you with all the strength he has and it might cause you some level of discomfort....but will not do any real damage. On the other hand, if the full grown adult winds up and punches the 5 year old as hard as he can, it likely would be the death of the 5 year old. Thus, black people are not even in a position to try to trade equal and opposite blows with the white collective. The truth is......we are mostly just responding to the impact of YOUR RACISM upon us.....which you then call our racism.....but is really a false characterization of our feelings and actions.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-09-2015 at 12:21 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 09:25 PM

905 posts, read 791,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So what’s responsible for your selective intelligence, assuming you are intelligent? Hmmmmmm…..I wonder are we dealing with an intellectually honest broker in you and others who fail to integrate the obvious. Let’s start with the fact that blacks are only 13% of the population, whereas the white population is around 70% (greater considering that some Hispanics classify themselves as white). Now, take the fact that the unemployment rate for blacks is twice as high as for whites and that black poverty is 3 times that of whites and that black wealth is about 20 times less than whites. Hence, blacks are numerically too deficient to have a collective impact upon whites and the numerical deficiency is exacerbated by blacks being disproportionately among the unemployed and poor. Thus, even if blacks had the racist Motives, their numerical and socioeconomic deficiencies deprive them of the MEANS and OPPROTUNITY to oppress whites as a collective.

Now, that having been said, there are blacks in positions of authority and power. However, the vast majority of those positions are the result of being elevated to those ranks by whites. Obama would not be President if not for the votes of whites, even if the majority of whites did vote against him. Thus, he would sabotage his career if he practiced racism against whites because whites would not have elected and then reelected him if such was part of his platform. The same is true for blacks who become CEO of some company. If the board of that company is predominately white, how is he going to get away with trying to hold back whites? Once the system promotes you, then you promote the system. Ergo, if whites promote blacks to positions of power and authority, those blacks will in turn promote the way whites want things done, and I am sure they will not accept a black racist who seeks to keep whites down. Thus, most blacks in positions of power and authority are beholden to whites to maintain that position of power and or authority. Such is not true for most whites in position of power and or authority, meaning that they are not beholden to blacks.

In light of those facts, your dissent really does not make any sense in the macro analysis. Sure, in the micro a black racist can do harm to a white person but not enough to impact the macro position of whites in this country. On the other hand, white racism impacts blacks at the micro and macro level through the tyranny of the majority, plus, their disproportionate allocation of wealth, power and authority. Think of it this way. Our abiility to impact whites is akin to a 5 year old ability to impact a grown adult male. The five year old can wind up and hit you with all the strength he has and it might cause you some level of discomfort....but will not do any real damage. On the other hand, if the full grown adult winds up and punches the 5 year old as hard as he can, it likely would be the death of the 5 year old. Thus, black people are not even in a position to try to trade equal and opposite blows with the white collective. The truth is......we are mostly just responding to the impact of YOUR RACISM upon us.....which you then call our racism.....but is really a false characterization of our feelings and actions.
Your willful naïveté is staggering.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:53 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Racist people don't impact my life any more than other ignorant or stupid people. I avoid or ignore all of them.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:25 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,171,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Racist people don't impact my life any more than other ignorant or stupid people. I avoid or ignore all of them.
You sure about that? Not all racism is malicious and in your face. The idea that anything short of physical violence can't be racism is absolutely wrong. It's like women who get paid less, passed over for promotions, and they don't realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies