Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree that "Black racists don't matter"?
No, I don't agree 50 86.21%
Yes, I agree 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 05:10 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,922 times

Advertisements

There is no such thing as reverse discrimination.

Racism is racism. Period.

The racist will eventually all die out....... it is a BS value that brings the believer and their families no advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 05:20 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Then again, you probably think the criminal justice system is equal or that housing discrimination doesn't exist anymore.
I did not miss the point, nor am I naive. I have no illusions about the opinions that many whites and various other races have towards black people. They just don't have any effect on me. I don't believe that those individuals have any control over me. 9 times out of 10, their opinions are just their opinions.

Running after racism is a waste of time. Your gonna be running for ever.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Running after racism is a waste of time. Your gonna be running for ever.
That was never my point or my argument.

My quote in the OP is that black racists don't matter due to power dynamics. White racists have more power; as whites have wealth and political power. The system is designed to protect white men. A white male racist matters. A black male racist does not.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
That was never my point or my argument.

My quote in the OP is that black racists don't matter due to power dynamics. White racists have more power; as whites have wealth and political power. The system is designed to protect white men. A white male racist matters. A black male racist does not.
I'm arguing that white male racists don't matter either, and black people shouldn't be worried about them...unless you value the opinion of white male racists.

They only have power over you if you believe they do.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:

The average White person has no more power over society, government, anything than the average Black person. Furthermore, the most powerful man in the US government, the President, is Black. "The system" specifically does not, by definition allow race to be used to determine rights or anything else. So unless you can prove otherwise, then your argument is pointless.

i.e. You are attempting to give special treatment to not only Blacks, but even Black racists. In that, you are advocating for exactly what you are against.

A racist is a racist. It doesn't matter what color they are.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
I'm arguing that white male racists don't matter either, and black people shouldn't be worried about them...unless you value the opinion of white male racists.

They only have power over you if you believe they do.
The whole point really is IF a Bigot or Racist Claims Race card without proof..becomes just that...Racism based on nothing..YET just like history..Race calls of targeting or whatever has NOW finally become provable..Video's of such..and those taking video get harrassed..and video gets erased or edited kinda tell ya..What is being hidden??

So, When Validations of accusations ( for decades) become more provable..The more bigots and racists panic and increase rhetoric blaming victims..It's just so transparent to anyone viewing it from far away...SO, I disagree with the premise of OP's Poll!!

Old 04-08-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
So, if I'm renting an apartment and my landlord is a white male racist, that doesn't affect my life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The average White person has no more power over society, government, anything than the average Black person.
This is so wrong it's not even funny.

Quote:
Furthermore, the most powerful man in the US government, the President, is Black. "The system" specifically does not, by definition allow race to be used to determine rights or anything else. So unless you can prove otherwise, then your argument is pointless.
Oh yea, right... that means black people have more political power than white people. Let's not forget that all branches of government are disproportionately white.

Quote:
i.e. You are attempting to give special treatment to not only Blacks, but even Black racists. In that, you are advocating for exactly what you are against.
I don't give a damn about special treatment. My point was that a black racist doesn't have as much power to negatively influence others as a white racist.

How many of our law enforcement officials are white? Put a white male racist in a police uniform and what do you get?

Quote:
A racist is a racist. It doesn't matter what color they are.
Keep plugging your ears.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
So, if I'm renting an apartment and my landlord is a white male racist, that doesn't affect my life?
You probably already have had a "racist white landlord", but just didn't know it because he kept it to himself.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You probably already have had a "racist white landlord", but just didn't know it because he kept it to himself.
It wouldn't affect me personally, because my income and credit score are self-explanatory. But.. that lower income black single mother...

Old 04-08-2015, 06:16 PM

26,506 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's a fairly new phenomena to equate "racism" with "power."

However, nowhere is the definition of "racism" in anyway dependent on its relationship with power. Only in self-perpetuating academic circles.

All racism matters, if you actually do care about racism.

If you don't actually care about ending racism or having a more civil society, and instead only care about power dynamics, then I guess "black racism doesn't matter."
I agree.

#1 The whole argument that blacks can't be racist, because they are not 'in power' is a low-IQ argument to lower societal standards for blacks by absolving black racists of being racist. This false narrative boils down to political reasons for the insane lack of logic.

#2 Blacks should find it demeaning to be told that they can't be racist as they hold no power. If you are completely powerless than you are nothing but a helpless-victim.

#3 Individual people hold power in various forms. For example, I have the power to help someone that I see on the street or I have the power to ignore them or even harm them.

You don't have to be powerful to be racist, you don't have to belong to the majority to be racist, you just have to be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies