Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 06:09 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Justnancy, If he just lost his cool, it can still be murder. Not all murder charges require pre-meditation. There was clearly an execution here.
Absolutely.....POSITIVELY, a CRUEL Wicked execution.

Death penalty, or the Corrupt monster Cop will be another example that certain groups in America, politicians etc., get VIP treatment.

That is a Travesty of Justice !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Death penalty, or the Corrupt monster Cop will be another example that certain groups in America, politicians etc., get VIP treatment.

Hmm, so only the death penalty would suffice? Death penalty in South Carolina requires one of twelve supporting criteria of which Scott's death could loosely fit one if the solicitor could make it stick. However, a murder requires a minimum of 30 years to life. I think Scarlet Wilson will likely go for the death penalty but will likely get 30 years to life (she can stack charges). Would that not be justice?

Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
My hunch is he'll get life w/o parole. As long as that goes with gen pop treatment, IMO, that would be fair.

In all likelihood, he'll have to plead guilty to accept that to get the needle off the table. If he takes it to trial, my bet is the needle gets likelier. Just like the Boston bomber case.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:30 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:

I can tell you, that ain't gonna happen.
So I suppose you can get ready to riot.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:43 PM

In this case, those of us wanting full punishment should not hope he gets the death penalty.

I want him remembering all those wonderful firsts of his child to be that he'll miss(first breath, steps, walking, talking, school, graduation, etc) , and I hope he replays that agony again and again for the rest of his life.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
My hunch is he'll get life w/o parole. As long as that goes with gen pop treatment, IMO, that would be fair.

In all likelihood, he'll have to plead guilty to accept that to get the needle off the table. If he takes it to trial, my bet is the needle gets likelier. Just like the Boston bomber case.
I don't know if they do protective custody at Leiber or not. That's where he'll end up. A horrible, horrible prison - NOT a place any sane person would want to be.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times
Nothing LESS than Death penalty would be Justice. Past time that a person entrusted with the peace and welfare of citizens ....who abuses that trust, etc, as an Officer of Law.....demands that scum bag be made an example....that helpless people CANNOT be brutalized by a Policeman....as Walter Scott has been by Michael Slager.

And, I DO BELIEVE folks will riot if the Law fails again...to execute Justice.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Nothing LESS than Death penalty would be Justice. Past time that a person entrusted with the peace and welfare of citizens ....who abuses that trust, etc, as an Officer of Law.....demands that scum bag be made an example....that helpless people CANNOT be brutalized by a Policeman....as Walter Scott has been by Michael Slager.

And, I DO BELIEVE folks will riot if the Law fails again...to execute Justice.
So, the legal statute on what would be criteria for the death penalty in South Carolina has no bearing on your point of view whatsoever?

Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 PM

Others from your state have brought up DP is not restricted in SC to 1st degree murder. But again, I want him thinking about that kid whose life he'll miss out on.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, the legal statute on what would be criteria for the death penalty in South Carolina has no bearing on your point of view whatsoever?
Some people don't care about the law. They have their own idea of what justice is. Ferguson is an illustration of that. This case may be also. We'll have to wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies