Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 01:14 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
oof.

i'd expect a better font choice from a military takeover.
Me, too.
These big full-scale military exercises always have a uniform patch; the observers, referees, and other staff always wear them for identification in the field. The same designs are used on ID cards and printed materials.

This 'official logo' looks nothing at all like and patch design I've ever seen, and the transparent wooden shoe would be impossible to reproduce on a patch. It would also be next to impossible to produce on all the printed matter that always comes from these exercises.

I just did a lengthy search, and the only place this 'logo' is seen is on conspiracy web sites and maps. One source claims it comes directly from an 'officially released slide deck'- something that sounds fishy in itself, as photo slide presentations by the military are a thing of the past. Just like businesses do, the military now uses computer presentations, mostly using Microsoft Power Point.

The design looks like something cobbled together by a person who knows nothing of the military style of graphics and was done completely on a computer, with total ignorance on how these graphics are actually used.

The word sabot has a bunch of different meanings. While it does describe a wooden shoe in some languages, it also refers to a battery stub case, a small sailing boat, and several exotic bullet variants. Of all these, the wooden shoe, which is the ancient root for the word sabotage, has by far the least connection to a military exercise.
The military has never been the primary guard against sabotage. That job has always been done by the FBI domestically foremost. These days, the Dept. of Homeland Security most likely has the responsibility for the work.

While this is all very ripe fruit for paranoids and conspiracy theorists to pick, there's a lot in all this that is really fishy. If I wanted to cook up a conspiracy to take over and occupy Texas, I sure could come up with something that doesn't have as many nonsensical holes in it as this one.

The first logical question to ask is: Why Texas? Why not just go after Washington D.C. instead? After all, that's where all the command and control comes from. Coups ALWAYS go after the center of government first.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Me, too.
These big full-scale military exercises always have a uniform patch; the observers, referees, and other staff always wear them for identification in the field. The same designs are used on ID cards and printed materials.

This 'official logo' looks nothing at all like and patch design I've ever seen, and the transparent wooden shoe would be impossible to reproduce on a patch. It would also be next to impossible to produce on all the printed matter that always comes from these exercises.

I just did a lengthy search, and the only place this 'logo' is seen is on conspiracy web sites and maps. One source claims it comes directly from an 'officially released slide deck'- something that sounds fishy in itself, as photo slide presentations by the military are a thing of the past. Just like businesses do, the military now uses computer presentations, mostly using Microsoft Power Point.

The design looks like something cobbled together by a person who knows nothing of the military style of graphics and was done completely on a computer, with total ignorance on how these graphics are actually used.

The word sabot has a bunch of different meanings. While it does describe a wooden shoe in some languages, it also refers to a battery stub case, a small sailing boat, and several exotic bullet variants. Of all these, the wooden shoe, which is the ancient root for the word sabotage, has by far the least connection to a military exercise.
The military has never been the primary guard against sabotage. That job has always been done by the FBI domestically foremost. These days, the Dept. of Homeland Security most likely has the responsibility for the work.

While this is all very ripe fruit for paranoids and conspiracy theorists to pick, there's a lot in all this that is really fishy. If I wanted to cook up a conspiracy to take over and occupy Texas, I sure could come up with something that doesn't have as many nonsensical holes in it as this one.

The first logical question to ask is: Why Texas? Why not just go after Washington D.C. instead? After all, that's where all the command and control comes from. Coups ALWAYS go after the center of government first.
The Jade Helm logo is actually legit. Here is the link (from ABC News) to the unclassified presentation released by the US military.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ax...ZTA/edit?pli=1

I agree that the logo is pretty stupid looking though.

I don't know why you had such a hard time finding this logo on an official site though. It took me about 30 seconds.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jade-helm-1...ry?id=30915367

Old 05-10-2015, 08:09 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The Jade Helm logo is actually legit. Here is the link (from ABC News) to the unclassified presentation released by the US military.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ax...ZTA/edit?pli=1
Thank you for showing the quippers who haven't done any research and don't
have the background to assess this properly that indeed the logo IS official.
By the way, my post was only one possible explanation for the logo. The
other explanation is scarier. Namely that the sabotage doesn't represent
the resisters, but that it is saying the exercises will be sabotaged from within.
Also, the sabot over the arrows breaks the arrows. A broken arrow event
is a nuclear in nature.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:46 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The Jade Helm logo is actually legit.
ha! too funny. that is one crappy font selection.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Thank you for showing the quippers who haven't done any research ....
i will gladly admit i've done (nearly) zero research into jade helm 15. i live in one of the red zones ( so-cal ) surrounded by military bases ( camp pendleton, mira mar, san diego )so...... when i'm being whisked off to a FEMA camp by invading military personnel i'll make sure to post a quick apology.

when exactly is this operation supposed to be happening? ( again, proof of how little research or care i've devoted to the topic ).

Old 05-10-2015, 10:13 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
when exactly is this operation supposed to be happening?
7/15/15 > 9/15/15

Old 05-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
7/15/15 > 9/15/15
cool, thanks. so we can all come back to this thread on september 16 for a quick headcount and see who has been abducted to one of the "800 internment camps".

Old 05-10-2015, 10:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I wonder just how much this "exercise" cost and who is getting paid?

Old 05-10-2015, 11:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
cool, thanks. so we can all come back to this thread on september 16 for a quick headcount and see who has been abducted to one of the "800 internment camps".
The solution for those who believe this is obvious. The people who are freaking out should all move into Alex Jones 5 star underground bunkers and stay there until the mass relocation to the FEMA Walmart internment camps is all over. Someone can text them when it is safe to come out (or not).

I hope this turns up as a South Park episode soon--it will be hilarious.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I hope this turns up as a South Park episode soon--it will be hilarious.
with all due respect to matt and trey, i doubt they could make it funnier than it is on it's own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies