Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 05:26 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
What do you suggest?
To take your lumps like the rest of us and stop pretending you are special.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:30 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Lol, when I was a younger man, you may have had a point. But with age comes wisdom and now, I'd probaby blow it at the Harley dealer instead.
That's about as funny as a hurricane Katrina refugee buying a Louis Vuitton purse with her government-issued debit card. Reparations=luxury items.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Political correct Liberalism is to blame.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!

Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
Quote:
I hate putting a specific price on reparations but at the collective level it should be Trillions of dollars paid to the Black community

Individually: Somewhere between 50k-100k a person.

-Anyone Black/African American(including North Africans)
-Yes, for those who are unsure about their African ancestry
-No slavery ancestry is necessary, as long as you are of African descent
-Partial compensation with those who have smaller amounts of African ancestry

Of course in a perfect world, all people of African descent around the world should get reparations paid for by Europe and other Westernized countries.

No

You'll will be different forms of payment options.
You'll get hassled for your post, but I like the fact that there's a concrete response. 100k * 40M = $4T, so you're in the ballpark.

So what do I get in return?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Let me ask you a question...(that you wont answer). Poverty rates within the white sub-group have not changed much over the past 30 years, staying between 10-15% . Sure fluctuations that are largely correlated with the economy have occurred, eerily similar to the fluctuations that occur in other racial sub-groups at the same exact time. The black poverty rate has trended, slowly, downward with economy based fluctuations. It has consistently stayed between 20-30% experiencing increases and decreases at the same time other racial groups experience increased/decreased poverty. It is more volatile than the white sub groups but this is easily explained by the lower number of total black people who live in the country. I.e. a single black person represents a greater percentage of the black community. With that explained, how do you explain the continued and persistent poverty rate of white people?
There is a base rate of poverty that results in all populations. People become poor for health reasons, being born in poverty and cannot escape it, for mental reasons, for addiction, bad luck, laziness, dependency, divorce, death of spouse, low IQ, etc. These human traits and propensities should appear in all racial groups equally, if, and ONLY IF, one assumes racial equality. No race is born with more or less intelligence, work ethic, or things like that, so these things should effect all groups equally, again, if and ONLY if people assume that these traits have no greater or less propensity based upon race. Thus, as a result of these things, there is a base rate of poverty that will occur in our economic model. Blacks have the same base rate of poverty that results from those things too......plus an extra layer of poverty resulting from the accrued impact of racial oppression over the centuries.

that said, blacks rate of poverty has been consistently 3 times the rate of white poverty for a very long time. It may have become 2.5 the rate when during the Clinton years. So we have an extra two layers of poverty resulting from racism.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:03 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
You'll get hassled for your post, but I like the fact that there's a concrete response. 100k * 40M = $4T, so you're in the ballpark.

So what do I get in return?
Less angry Black people.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Less angry Black people.
New from Nike, the 100,000 dollar sneaker! Get yours while supplies last! *stampedes result*

Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
Quote:
Less angry Black people.

Hmmmm. It sounds to me like I'd have to pay out $20k or so, I can't say that it's worth it.

Is there a discount plan where they just end up bitching a little less?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Hmmmm. It sounds to me like I'd have to pay out $20k or so, I can't say that it's worth it.

Is there a discount plan where they just end up bitching a little less?
Id just pay the 20 thousand and open up a urban clothing luxury store, you'll have your money back in a week.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:22 PM

31,051 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
You know this is hypocritical right? She asked me a question. I said in a "perfect world" but we don't live in a perfect world(hopefully you understand that) I know that reparations will never be paid to Blacks in this country. I think you need to calm down, seriously.
"I know that reparations will never be paid to Blacks in this country"
If there was a payout it would be a cluster, would ones droppers get money? Would Jefferson's great great grand children on both sides get money? Would Beyonce get a check? or Kim K's kid. Would Obama's mom have to pay him if she was still alive? Thats a lot of lunch money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies