Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Supreme Court rule that gay and lesbian couples have a right to legally wed?
SCOTUS will rule AGAINST legalizing same sex marriage 38 18.91%
SCOTUS will rule FOR legalizing same sex marriage 163 81.09%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,603 times

Advertisements

I think it is the majority, just like black people that speak unintelligibly, wear saggy flashy clothes, and are loud are the majority. There's great black people, and I'm sure there's great gay people, but they're not the majority. Every gay person I've ever been exposed to acts like what I described. They're bringing down their community, just like uneducated black people bring down their community. I wouldn't hate gays if I wasn't subjected to their behavior. regardless of how I feel, I believe in equal rights for everyone, period.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:52 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
To ask other people to support something that goes against God and people morals.? What the gay are really asking is support of their fallen life style.

That's why!
Who is asking you to "support" it?

If you are married did you have your wife tested for virginity before your wedding with a firing squad at the ready if she wasn't?

Old 04-22-2015, 04:56 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
Hey, like I said, I'm all for that. But, the gay men I have to deal with are not ANYTHING like the straight men in my everyday life. Gay men (in my personal experience) are over-sexualized and act like teenage girls in a grown mans body. They talk with a slur, call everyone "b*tch, listen to crappy pop music, and always wanna go clubbing. Now you're gonna say "just don't hang around them", well sometimes I have to tolerate things that annoy me to be with people I actually do like or care about, it's life and the reality of being a social human being in their 20's. But don't try and tell me there isn't a gay culture, and there's "no difference". I don't know you, maybe you're a normal man who happens to be gay and doesn't wear their sexuality on their sleeve, but that makes you the exception to the rule.
If you didn't spend so much time in Gay bars you wouldn't have so much contact with them.

A far majority of Gay men you wouldn't be able to pick out in a crowd UNLESS you were out looking.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:58 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,987,285 times
Quote:
Hey, like I said, I'm all for that. But, the gay men I have to deal with are not ANYTHING like the straight men in my everyday life. Gay men (in my personal experience) are over-sexualized and act like teenage girls in a grown mans body. They talk with a slur, call everyone "b*tch, listen to crappy pop music, and always wanna go clubbing. Now you're gonna say "just don't hang around them", well sometimes I have to tolerate things that annoy me to be with people I actually do like or care about, it's life and the reality of being a social human being in their 20's. But don't try and tell me there isn't a gay culture, and there's "no difference". I don't know you, maybe you're a normal man who happens to be gay and doesn't wear their sexuality on their sleeve, but that makes you the exception to the rule.
As someone that used to be much involved in the largely gay areas of the city I know well there is a gay culture. Yes I did see that what you described.

When I first when to the gay scene I thought it would to fulfilling in every way but the only fulfilling aspect I found was only temporary pleasures. Yet since I started going to Church I found that experience more fulfilling overall than any gay bar/gay sex club. This is especially so when I became saved as a Christian.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:18 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,497,397 times
Quote:
What you described is the stereotype gay man, not all gay men, as you said and not lesbians. I know what you are talking about that many gay men talk with an inflection to their voice, almost over feminized. I am not that type and do not hang out with them, though do know them. They do not represent all gays and should not be the reason gays are denied marriage, but they seem to be the poster example for gays that we all get catagorized under. I am the type of gay man that scares gay men, I get along great with straight men and lesbians oddly. I can impersonate a redneck, but cannot do gay for the life of me. Lesbians know off the bat that I am gay because I do not make an over the top try to make them straight, most straight men I know do not know I am gay unless they ask and I tell them.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What you described is the stereotype gay man, not all gay men, as you said and not lesbians. I know what you are talking about that many gay men talk with an inflection to their voice, almost over feminized. I am not that type and do not hang out with them, though do know them. They do not represent all gays and should not be the reason gays are denied marriage, but they seem to be the poster example for gays that we all get catagorized under. I am the type of gay man that scares gay men, I get along great with straight men and lesbians oddly. I can impersonate a redneck, but cannot do gay for the life of me. Lesbians know off the bat that I am gay because I do not make an over the top try to make them straight, most straight men I know do not know I am gay unless they ask and I tell them.
Well then that's great, you're your own person. And to the bolded, there is no reason that gays should be denied marriage or any equal rights. Sure, I expressed my opinions that the stereotypical gay man annoys me, but that's hardly ground for being denied a right. Damn a government that denies personal or equal rights.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:26 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
You know why equality for all gays would be GREAT?!?! Because if they get equal rights, they'll stop pushing their culture in our faces and we can all live out lives. I'm all for legalizing gay marriage.
You couldn't be more wrong. The opposite is true.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. The opposite is true.
Don't think so.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:

Wait a minute now? Since when is going "clubbing" exclusive to only gay men? I'm as straight as they come, and I can tell you that in my early 20s I along with other friends always partied in the party district in Cleveland that was known as The Flats! It was a great way to meet women. A lot of good times were had too! Though it was always better when the club had a higher ratio of women than men, because who wants to hang out a sausage party?

Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wait a minute now? Since when is going "clubbing" exclusive to only gay men? I'm as straight as they come, and I can tell you that in my early 20s I along with other friends always partied in the party district in Cleveland that was known as The Flats! It was a great way to meet women. A lot of good times were had too! Though it was always better when the club had a higher ratio of women than men, because who wants to hang out a sausage party?
Clubs suck, sure you can meet women there, but they're idiots. Clubs play garbage music, are packed and uncomfortable, and serve overpriced drinks. I'll take a calm brewery with a nice live folk band thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies