Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 07:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Was just watching the news, there were clashes between migrants and the police in Greece again (as if that country didn't have enough problems without those refugees already).
It is really odd to see that fat aggressive refugee in Hungary yell out of the train window that he has a right to cross the border.
Really, I am not so sure that kind of behavior helps convince possible hosts.
We have the same kinds of problems with illegal aliens in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 07:13 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You don't need >50% population to create havoc.

Even a determined 15% is enough to give the Infidel countries hell.
My 30 year estimate may have been ambitious and it take 50 years.

Hey if the US can rewrite it's Civil War history with all those evil Southern symbols, surely Muslims can tear down a few Michangelo paintings and statues.

Will it be too late when they do their prayers in the Vatican Plaza?

Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Really? WW 2 def had us worried here in the US. Hitler almost got into England and, that's when we decided he needed to be put in his place. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor late 1941, Japan and Germany was allies; the it was game ON. Tho "our" big mistake was was NOT smashing Stalin's Russia after Germany gave up. We should have blown the Red Army to bits AND taken Moscow.
There were two block so to speak, not just Germany and Japan.
I don't like that idea of blocks. I think it makes more sense to have a global agreement where every nation is protected from an invasion of any country via a defense mechanism where all other countries are obliged to help the invaded country. Basically what happens within blocks such as Nato. That would also have prevented situations like in the Ukraine. The UN security council would cease to exist, and along with it the vetoing and abuse of that body.

Russia has always been too big to mess with and it will stay that way more than ever.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:18 AM

Maybe we should let in only women and children and maybe old men, while most men should stay there in Syria and finally topple Assad. It is the citizens of a country whose task it is to topple their dictator.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:26 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,751 times
Europe doesn't consider itself White, since that would be racist, or Christian.

Since Europe can be anything, it can be Islamic as well. Many on the Left say if Europe turns into another Saudi Arabia, so what!?

Europe is unique due to its history, Christian/secular ideals and individual freedoms, which are all anti-thesis to Islam.

Islam will be the death of Europe as we know it.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Europe doesn't consider itself White, since that would be racist, or Christian.

Since Europe can be anything, it can be Islamic as well. Many on the Left say if Europe turns into another Saudi Arabia, so what!?

Europe is unique due to its history, Christian/secular ideals and individual freedoms, which are all anti-thesis to Islam.

Islam will be the death of Europe as we know it.
You probably don't live in Europe because I have never heard anyone here say what I colored red above.
In my view a lot of Europeans outright reject Islam, and those who do not do that try to find a compromise between opposing it on the one hand and being friendly, humane and pc on the other. But I have never come across any European who really welcomes Islam.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:45 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That is nonsense, get informed.
Ok, Portugal is awesome. Just don't drink the water and make sure your shots are up to date LOL. And if they are attacked call the US and Germany for help.

And I bet I've done more traveling than you have. More than I ever wanted to. I know how great the US is compared to the rest of the world.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Imagine the uproar when we open facilities to take in many thousands of the Migrants here....

Old 09-04-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ok, Portugal is awesome. Just don't drink the water and make sure your shots are up to date LOL. And if they are attacked call the US and Germany for help.

And I bet I've done more traveling than you have. More than I ever wanted to. I know how great the US is compared to the rest of the world.
Huh? I have been drinking tap water ever since I moved here, I never buy bottled water.
Health is also no problem, life expectancy here is higher than in Germany or the US.

Traveling is traveling, living is living. Anyway, it is your impression and it is OK, but other people naturally have very different impressions. While there are a few nice places in the US, I would not trade Portugal for 99% of the US. Life here is just a lot better for me.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,521,023 times
I read that the refugees are converting to Christianity in droves. So will they lose their special victim status from liberals as a consequence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies