Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 04:24 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
If your commercial enterprise is discriminating based on race, YOU are breaking the law.

So sorry the mean ol Big Gubermunt won't let you set up a whites-only lunch counter. Such an injustice!
You won't see that kind of crap today, imagine how long they would last. My problem is, it is just another foot in the door for the feds controlling our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And if the laws says you can discriminate against others as a business?
Actually you can if it is set up as private club.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Buy hey Libertarians... don't forget!

I'm gonna need y'all to please spell out what SPECIFIC ACTIONS are prohibited by the Civil Rights Act that you would like to see made legal.

Go ahead... don't be shy. Stand up for your Principles(TM)! Noting to be ashamed of in this big ol' pile of Freedom, right?
I'll put it this way, if you want the feds to control your life, you just go right head.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Asked and answered. Government doesn't own a private business.
Maybe we should ask you why you think its okay for private universities to discriminate?

Since the Civil rights act, government does own all businesses.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:38 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPkNEKczgNA&sns=em

American Liberalism is, at its core, an ideology of hate and bigotry. Liberals spend so much time patting themselves on the back telling OTHERS to shape up, that they don't see their own racism.

that is the liberal tolerance that liberals keep on saying that they have more of than any other political group. when in actuality tolerance is something that very few liberals actually have.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Dumb people who are from the left to be exact. This isn't an isolated incident either.

You're asking do I criticize those on the right? You're kidding me right?

Stuck on the plantation? Really? How many of those posts like that are there? Don't you mean when the loony left says the repubs want to go back to the 1800's?
Look at my posts. I've called out those on the right when they are wrong. I'd like to see some of your posts calling out Obama. Are there any? I'll be waiting.
Really? You have privy information about college coed tweets?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
In the video it was mentioned this was the first time in social media but people on campus said "You're black, why are you conservative?" She's not the first one to be stereotyped and won't be the last.
The reporter mentioned one post and asked her opinion on it. She had a beautiful answer.
The question to you is the same one I all to often ask, why are you not focusing on the actual issue?

sigh...Targeted for being black but being conservative. Honestly how can you not know that?
Another fantastic, "he said, she said, they said, hearsay" news story by Fox News!

"College Coed Gets Nasty Tweet About Her Nasty Bumper Sticker," inclusive story on Fox News!

Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Never heard of her and as usual, your claim about "liberals" is incorrect. Paul stinks. Nobody on the Left is worried about him or who supports him.

...and don't you forget it either.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Really? You have privy information about college coed tweets?
Really? You think your post makes sense?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Another fantastic, "he said, she said, they said, hearsay" news story by Fox News!

"College Coed Gets Nasty Tweet About Her Nasty Bumper Sticker," inclusive story on Fox News!
The tweet wasn't he said, she said. Another fantastic example of you not getting it. It's not about the tweet. Keep ignoring the facts and you'll keep missing the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies