Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
They made a news story out of some tweets? Good lord Fox viewers are gullible.

You can find thousands of racist 'conservative' posts on this site alone. Not that you'll see any of it on fox news.

Or anywhere for that matter. I mean... it's not news that white conservatives are overwhelmingly racist.
Yep!

Breaking News! "Poster asks right-winger why they would vote for Rand Paul!"

Story at 10 on Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 05:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
So what you're saying is that you believe whites-only lunch counters should once again be legal- just like they were in the segregated South.

Why beat around the bush so much? Why not stand proudly for your Principles of Freedom(TM)?

Is there something here you're less than proud of?
As should women only restrooms. I want people to understand the philosophy behind it. What you are arguing is a majority of the population should be able to enforce their values on others. Technically that means laws enforcing segregation could come back. I do not wish to grant government that power.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One tweet from one person and Fox News makes it about the entire Democratic party.

This is the caliber of information one would expect from catty middle-schoolers.

(I took it to the next level of thought for ya.)
lol But it wasn't one person.
I agree. Those that criticized her are catty middle schoolers.
She is being targeted by the left based on skin color.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 04-27-2015 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 07:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol But it wasn't one person.
She being targeted by the left based on skin color.

How many tweets were there? Targeted for what?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That wasnt "the left" it was a couple of dumb people and thats it.
Dumb people who are from the left to be exact. This isn't an isolated incident either.

Quote:
But I ask you, do you say the same when Conservatives on this forum say Democrats hate" straight white men " ?
You're asking do I criticize those on the right? You're kidding me right?

Quote:
Do you claim the right is just as bad when they claim black people are stills tuck on a plantation when they vote Democratic ?
Stuck on the plantation? Really? How many of those posts like that are there? Don't you mean when the loony left says the repubs want to go back to the 1800's?
Look at my posts. I've called out those on the right when they are wrong. I'd like to see some of your posts calling out Obama. Are there any? I'll be waiting.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 04-27-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
How many tweets were there?
In the video it was mentioned this was the first time in social media but people on campus said "You're black, why are you conservative?" She's not the first one to be stereotyped and won't be the last.
The reporter mentioned one post and asked her opinion on it. She had a beautiful answer.
The question to you is the same one I all to often ask, why are you not focusing on the actual issue?

Quote:
Targeted for what?
sigh...Targeted for being black but being conservative. Honestly how can you not know that?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPkNEKczgNA&sns=em

American Liberalism is, at its core, an ideology of hate and bigotry. Liberals spend so much time patting themselves on the back telling OTHERS to shape up, that they don't see their own racism.
Are you ****ing kidding me?? He's acting like it's offensive that anybody would say black people shouldn't support Rand Paul but conservatives are always saying that blacks shouldn't support Democrats. Tucker Carlson needs to get off his high horse and take care of his own side

Old 04-28-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is really Disgusting to call this girl "uncle Tom" simply because she is a conservative who supports Rand Paul.

But it's perfectly ok to call a black person "brainwashed" or "just voting for the black guy simply because they're a liberal who supports the Democrat

Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Whoa... hold on.

So you're telling me that ONE random person made a comment on twitter, and some 19 year old girl gets to be on the national news?

I am seriously in awe of how low Fox News has sunk.

I guess the newscaster making ridiculous comments about liberals stoning people to death is perfectly fine, though.

But I can understand why people were angry at her, considering Paul's opposition to affirmative action.
Damn, I had to go back and look and you're right. It was only one post

Old 04-28-2015, 01:17 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Dumb people who are from the left to be exact. This isn't an isolated incident either.
no its not, but as I said, it happens far more from the right and these threads remain silent.

Quote:
You're asking do I criticize those on the right? You're kidding me right?
not at all. Im simply talking about this specific rhetoric.

Quote:
Stuck on the plantation? Really? How many of those posts like that are there? Don't you mean when the loony left says the repubs want to go back to the 1800's?
Look at my posts. I've called out those on the right when they are wrong.
there are plenty of post like that. And yet the vast majority of those right of center on this forum have no problem with that language.

Heck look at the very interviewer in the video. He said the same thing about the Left as the tweet said about the right. And yet he and the young lady views what he said as ok simply because they each believe him to be right.

Quote:
I'd like to see some of your posts calling out Obama. Are there any? I'll be waiting.
Did President Obama use this same rhetoric, if so, quote him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies