Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
If a woman wants to cut off her arm or her leg, that's OK with me. But a fetus isn't her flesh. It has different DNA and she shouldn't have unlimited control over that creature living inside her.
I can remove anything from my body that I choose to remove.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I gave two in my example.
And how many abortions happen after 20 weeks? And your examples were nothing more than strawman arguments to attempt to paint this with a broad stroke. Women do not get an abortion after 20 weeks just because they changed their minds. And if a woman does get an abortion after 20 weeks because she changed her mind, then it is clear she wasn't fit to be a mother in the first place and shouldn't be bringing a child into this world.

It doesn't change the fact that the government is not your doctor and should not be giving you medical advice.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And how many abortions happen after 20 weeks?
If little to none then a ban really isn't a problem is it?

Quote:
And your examples were nothing more than strawman arguments to attempt to paint this with a broad stroke. Women do not get an abortion after 20 weeks just because they changed their minds. And if a woman does get an abortion after 20 weeks because she changed her mind, then it is clear she wasn't fit to be a mother in the first place and shouldn't be bringing a child into this world.
Either she does, or she doesn't.

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that the government is not your doctor and should not be giving you medical advice.
Seems they can when it comes to vaccines so the door has been swung open already.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Again, what comes out of the House is a bunch of Conservative white guys trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. The absolute absurdity of it is mind-boggling.

They know where they can stick their abortion ban. Thank God, we have a brilliant President who can VETO this nonsense.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
If little to none then a ban really isn't a problem is it?

Either she does, or she doesn't.

Seems they can when it comes to vaccines so the door has been swung open already.
No, it means it isn't an issue to be concerned with. This is something between a woman and her doctor, she doesn't need the government climbing in her vagina and telling her what is allowed.

Vaccinations is not the same thing, though that is still debatable what the government can and cannot tell you to do with vaccinations.

In the end, what a woman does with her body is none of your concern.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
No, it means it isn't an issue to be concerned with. This is something between a woman and her doctor, she doesn't need the government climbing in her vagina and telling her what is allowed.

Vaccinations is not the same thing, though that is still debatable what the government can and cannot tell you to do with vaccinations.

In the end, what a woman does with her body is none of your concern.
And yet RvW and the Supreme Court said it can be.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
And yet RvW and the Supreme Court said it can be.
No it didn't, and no the government cannot and shouldn't pretend to be your doctor....I don't know why you are so despite to let politician give you medical advice, but most of us would prefer medical advice and treatment to come from trained doctors rather than old conservative white men.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
No it didn't,

You know it did and I'm not going to waste my time rehashing it. They said society has an interest in protecting the fetus after viability.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:08 AM

Quote:
You know it did and I'm not going to waste my time rehashing it. They said society has an interest in protecting the fetus after viability.
I don't think you even know what Roe v Wade was about....it wasn't about limiting a woman's right to choose.

But you keep on thinking the government should be in charge of your body and what you do with it. Maybe one day the government will tell you when it is okay and not okay to masturbate.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
But you keep on thinking the government should be in charge of your body and what you do with it. Maybe one day the government will tell you when it is okay and not okay to masturbate.
You didn't get the flier?

Your day is Feb 29.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies