Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 09:39 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times

Advertisements

Republicans are not about liberty except for gun ownership. Until men start giving birth, they should not have an opinion on what is between a woman and her doctor.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think the people who are making this big push for a 20 week limit on abortions are doing it for any reason other than to put a big crack in Roe V. Wade. Blow a hole in it, then when people get used to it, come back for more- make it 12 weeks, then an 8 week fetus won't be able to be aborted, then at some point abortion will be outlawed.
As I noted early on it does nothing. Its not going to become law and even if it did it wouldn't stop a single abortion. (Explained why in my earlier post).

This is nothing more than an attempt on Boehners part to cover for his lies during the campaigned where he promised to do everything he could to stop Obamacare if the (R)'s would get the Senate.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Roe V. Wade, determined that the federal government was not authorized by the Constitution, to make abortion illegal, or restrict it in any way.
That's not true. RvW laid out when they could restrict it.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is never a case where the fetus must be killed to save the life of the mother late term.

A woman is diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. The treatment will kill the fetus. If she foregoes treatment, she foregoes any chance of a cure. Are you saying this NEVER happens?

Old 05-19-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A woman is diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. The treatment will kill the fetus. If she foregoes treatment, she foregoes any chance of a cure. Are you saying this NEVER happens?
No, I'm saying late term the fetus is viable and can be delivered.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like women in general (Dem and GOP) opposed it.
Here is some Gallup information relating to abortion:

U.S. Still Split on Abortion: 47% Pro-Choice, 46% Pro-Life

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

In a May 2014 poll, 50% of women and 44% of men identified as "pro-choice". So there really isn't a massive distinction by sex, and a majority of women over the age of thirty-five considered themselves to be "pro-life".

Level of formal education, political party affiliation, and religious affiliation are all more important factors than is sex.

Generally speaking, about a quarter of the American population aligns itself with each extreme (abortion always legal, abortion never legal). About half of the population takes a position that some restrictions should be in place.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Republicans are not about liberty except for gun ownership. Until men start giving birth, they should not have an opinion on what is between a woman and her doctor.
Abortion isn't a medical decision; it's more like hiring a hit man.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Here is some Gallup information relating to abortion:

U.S. Still Split on Abortion: 47% Pro-Choice, 46% Pro-Life

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

In a May 2014 poll, 50% of women and 44% of men identified as "pro-choice". So there really isn't a massive distinction by sex, and a majority of women over the age of thirty-five considered themselves to be "pro-life".

Level of formal education, political party affiliation, and religious affiliation are all more important factors than is sex.

Generally speaking, about a quarter of the American population aligns itself with each extreme (abortion always legal, abortion never legal). About half of the population takes a position that some restrictions should be in place.
On a personal level, I'm not in favor of abortion, I never had one and can't think of a situation where I would have except perhaps for a tragically deformed fetus, but just like advocates of gun rights don't want the Gov't restricting those rights- I don't want the Government to tell me what I can do with my own body, IMO it's a slippery slope from the Government regulating abortion to regulating anything else they want to in regards to women.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, I'm saying late term the fetus is viable and can be delivered.
If a woman is having a late term abortion it isn't because she changed her mind about having a baby, it is for a medical reason. Stop trying to play politics with other people's bodies, it is pathetic.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Abortion isn't a medical decision; it's more like hiring a hit man.
Then you should never ever have an abortion, then you have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies