Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 12:10 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Only after 20 weeks according to the Republicans, enjoy reality.
What did you expect, a complete reversal of Roe. v Wade? Better question, would you support that reversal?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Rather than address the issue at the tail end why not focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, education maybe. The abortion rate is down but we are still have the worst rate of any civilized country. Maybe the GOP should focus on keeping these clinics open in poor areas rather than doing everything in their power to close them.
NO! Sex education is the Devils Work, good grief don't even suggest we educate anyone, you some sort of Commie or what?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I really think some of you are misled about why late-term abortions happen and who has them. People like me have them: happily pregnant married women whose pregnancies go terribly awry through no fault of their own. It's terribly sad, but it happens. Let me be very clear about this: late-term abortions are performed for devastating birth defects. Some women choose to see their pregnancy through to its inevitable conclusion, and some women choose to abort. Both are valid choices. Putting a twenty-week limit on pregnancy termination eradicates very few abortions and penalizes those women who are most in need of the option.

Last edited by randomparent; 05-15-2015 at 12:32 PM..

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Rather than address the issue at the tail end why not focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, education maybe. The abortion rate is down but we are still have the worst rate of any civilized country. Maybe the GOP should focus on keeping these clinics open in poor areas rather than doing everything in their power to close them.
Although I definitely agree with the point you are making, this thread is focusing on abortions past 20 weeks of pregnancy. The huge majority of abortions are performed MUCH earlier than 20 weeks into the pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes, that's true, but it's also true that that once a poor child is born it no longer matters to most conservatives
No, most conservatives expect the baby mama and daddy to take care of the child. If that is not possible, conservatives are the biggest advocates of and financial donors to charities that take care of those children. You are just butt hurt because the only thing liberals do is confiscate money and redistribute it and call that "caring".

Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 PM

779 posts, read 483,896 times
Quote:
Perhaps they shouldn't block birth control and sex education efforts as well. It seems they have to go all in on this simply because that same voting block is very sensitive about their SSI and Medicare, and if you're going to cut those programs to pander to the ulta wealthy block you're going to have to do something radical with abortion to appeal to the people that would be hurt by the dismantling of their pet programs.

Last edited by willingsniper; 05-15-2015 at 01:05 PM..

Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
What did you expect, a complete reversal of Roe. v Wade? Better question, would you support that reversal?
Nope other than the BS counseling and here in Texas the war on PP, I am perfectly fine with the 20 week limit on abortions on demand. Know why, it is because that is when the brain actually is formed and that is when a Fetus starts transforming into a baby/person in most cases. I unlike some let the actual science define when it is become people, before that time it only has the possibility of becoming a person but there is no where for the Person to reside, unless you can show me that we as People reside in another organ than the brain.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope other than the BS counseling and here in Texas the war on PP, I am perfectly fine with the 20 week limit on abortions on demand. Know why, it is because that is when the brain actually is formed and that is when a Fetus starts transforming into a baby/person in most cases. I unlike some let the actual science define when it is become people, before that time it only has the possibility of becoming a person but there is no where for the Person to reside, unless you can show me that we as People reside in another organ than the brain.
I forgot, you lefties have no heart, otherwise you wouldn't be so blasé about killing babies.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
And you have facts to prove that? No? I didn't think so.
No, I can not prove a negative. No, I can not show you were something that never happens never happens. You are asking me to prove that you don't fart jelly beans.

There is NEVER a situation where the fetus must be killed to save the life on the mother in the last trimester.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I forgot, you lefties have no heart, otherwise you wouldn't be so blasé about killing babies.
Fetuses, do get it right or simply stop pretending you know anything about the topic. Oh, seems the GOP has no problem with killing Fetuses also, they must use science also. You should try it some time, it would save you a lot of stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies