Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What's bull about it?

Do you disagree that if you have 2 candidates for a job, one named Shaniqua and one named Michele, that there's not going to be some preconceived notion of each?
I happen to know of a black Michelle whose name doesn't appear to be quite white enough for people of your ilk.

So really, you should just end any attempts at this particular conversation. Seriously.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
The whole uproar on black names is just another excuse for hiring managers not to consider black candidates. Same old. Same old. Just racism learned at the breakfast table starting as early as age 4. I just saw a list of Asian graduates from a good school and almost all had their native first names. Hard to spell and difficult to pronounce but I guess the racist hiring managers will have no problem with that.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:02 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The whole uproar on black names is just another excuse for hiring managers not to consider black candidates. Same old. Same old. Just racism learned at the breakfast table starting as early as age 4. I just saw a list of Asian graduates from a good school and almost all had their native first names. Hard to spell and difficult to pronounce but I guess the racist hiring managers will have no problem with that.
Exactly. Criticizing someone to name their children "ethnic" names because it won't help them with hiring managers means that the burden for treating people equally should rest with our society and hiring managers - not the job seeker.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:04 PM

366 posts, read 596,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its fine to discuss it, but you have to do it on an honest level.
Read: It's fine to discuss it, but in the end you have to blame it all on white people.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Why would that be okay?

I know you may want to post the crazy black professor lady who wanted to kill all white men, she is freaking crazy and is in the same club as this Duke professor. IMO both should be fired as educators.

What's funny is, I heard (will not confirm) that the black lady did lose her job. This Duke professor hasn't and more than likely won't.

I will say though that the many stupid racial incidents at mainstream colleges make me hope that my kids choose HBCUs. Especially in the case of Duke, if their professors are going to paint all the black students as being dumb, not motivated, and having made up names, then I doubt their objectivity in regards to grading projects, papers, and presentations on subjects that they may not think is appropriate.
You can't seriously equate a call to kill white cops (she wasn't calling to kill all white men) with someone expressing their wrongthink about race. Well, maybe in the world of 1984 you can, and I'm starting to suspect that those in charge of the media read Orwell as a training manual.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Read: It's fine to discuss it, but in the end you have to blame it all on white people.
Nope,it means you have to be honest. Asians did not come to this nation the same as black people did. And certain asian groups were indeed given reperations. Imagine what black wealth would look like if every black person or family was given 40,000 dollars(CPI from 1988 reparations to Japanese Americans)

Old 05-22-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nope,it means you have to be honest. Asians did not come to this nation the same as black people did. And certain asian groups were indeed given reperations. Imagine what black wealth would look like if every black person or family was given 40,000 dollars(CPI from 1988 reparations to Japanese Americans)
If we really want to be honest then we have to stop obsessing about the distant past and start looking at the statistical differences between races. Until we can discuss the objective, verifiable differences between races as they are today, we're going to be stuck in this rut.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
If we really want to be honest then we have to stop obsessing about the distant past and start looking at the statistical differences between races. Until we can discuss the objective, verifiable differences between races as they are today, we're going to be stuck in this rut.

that isnt what you were arguing when you responded to my post.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:33 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I know it for a fact that you are lying.

Now you change your previous assertion that the kids didn't know anyone who had jobs to that their "perception" was no one had a job. How do you know what anyone else perceives? It is ludicrous to believe that you do as you are not inside the minds of others unless you have some sort of psychic ability.

You also changed from the assertion that none of the black students were high performing and now you say there were "some accomplished black students." Give me a break.

Your aggressive bigotry, racism and personal attacks in most of your post are too ridiculous to respond to.
But the above parts I will respond:

Many of These kids stated to me when we were dealing with future career issues that they didn't know anyone
in their family or neighborhoods that worked. I replied to you that sure there WERE probably some people in their neighborhoods that did work, but they clearly perceived that no one worked. Your experience was different -- clearly you didn't live in the ghetto. These kids were from ghetto neighborhoods.

I never stated that there were NO black high performing students. I said there were a few.

Your and others' denial of black cultural problems and aggressive bullying of anyone who points them out
is why the media, politicians, and most of society keeps sweeping the truth under the carpet.
I am not afraid of bigots and bullys like yourself.
We'll never fix the problems if we don't bring them out in the light to see them clearly.

Last edited by mountainrose; 05-22-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 02:44 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
You guys get so insecure whenever black people succeed.

George Carruthers created the ultraviolet camera, which was used by Apollo 16 to obtain images in space and was awarded the National Medal of Technology and Innovation in 2012. Lewis Latimer was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame for his carbon filament lightbulb. These are a few of the many, sorry to disappoint you.
And that is the comment to sum it all up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies