Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is the attitude individuals like you and me need to take. We shouldn't care at all. Individuals like us should be focusing on building ourselves up and doing our thing. We can only do so much. We are only obligated to do our best. And we should do it for ourselves, not to prove something to someone else. It isn't healthy at all. Caring what others think of us as Blacks just causes more problems, mental and emotional. I can understand why we would care. It just isn't healthy.
Exactly. Everything you said, .

We don't need to ride the coattails of a superior demographic, like so many others do.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:16 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Exactly. Everything you said, .

We don't need to ride the coattails of a superior demographic, like so many others do.
Well, I feel like it should work like this. If those thugs in the video did what they did, it should not be attributed to their race. It should be that those are a bunch of miscreant monsters who deserve a dose of violent punishment, and some prison time.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Well, I feel like it should work like this. If those thugs in the video did what they did, it should not be attributed to their race. It should be that those are a bunch of miscreant monsters who deserve a dose of violent punishment, and some prison time.
The same if they were black, white, Asian, Christian, Atheist, straight, gay, left-handed, blue-eyed, etc.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 AM

613 posts, read 463,914 times
Quote:
That is the attitude individuals like you and me need to take. We shouldn't care at all. Individuals like us should be focusing on building ourselves up and doing our thing. We can only do so much. We are only obligated to do our best. And we should do it for ourselves, not to prove something to someone else. It isn't healthy at all. Caring what others think of us as Blacks just causes more problems, mental and emotional. I can understand why we would care. It just isn't healthy.

Preach!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:55 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Well, I don't care who you don't want to live around. The constant complaining is a waste. What else can a person do besides complain about Black people? And Blacks have been looked down on in this country from day one, to me it's nothing new.

What else can people do besides complain? Why should I care what anyone thinks? As long as said persons aren't in positions to hire/fire me, as long as they aren't in a position of power to influence public policies that directly hurt me as a Black man, as long as said persons can not do much else that complain, name one reason why I should even care? At the end of the day, it's me I have to look out for.
Then isn't complaining about complaining a waste. I don't have a problem working or hiring blacks and haven't ever had an issue with a black professional in the workplace and I hang out with some I enjoy being around. And you are right, you shouldn't be judged by the actions of these thugs or other thugs but you still might be affected.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The same if they were black, white, Asian, Christian, Atheist, straight, gay, left-handed, blue-eyed, etc.
The same should if it was a hate crime or just general thuggery being committed.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Then isn't complaining about complaining a waste. I don't have a problem working or hiring blacks and haven't ever had an issue with a black professional in the workplace and I hang out with some I enjoy being around. And you are right, you shouldn't be judged by the actions of these thugs or other thugs but you still might be affected.

Why would actions of someone I can't control affect me?

Does it work that way for Asians? Hispanics? Because their crime rate is lower?

It all comes down to non-blacks lacking, among other things, discernment to separate the good from the bad, and comprehension that the good ones can't control the bad ones.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well, it would depend on the outcome. Complaining about Blacks as a whole would not stop such violence from occurring. The purpose behind what I was saying is this. To get said persons to think, to get said persons to say what they would do besides complain. If that purpose can be accomplished, then it would not be a waste.

I do believe that people should be judged as individuals. This is why I feel the tone of this thread, the way it started, was quite stupid. It goes counter to that.

My reason for saying that I didn't care was this. The only thing it would do is make me lose sleep. I get tired of trying to explain myself or anyone else.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:12 AM

613 posts, read 463,914 times
Quote:
If that is your answer, it just proves that said persons who constantly complain can't do much else. And complaining/laughing it off does nothing. If anything, I should be laughing because the constant complaints and nothing more represents a lack of power to do anything else, when one looks at one's current position. If said person runs for office or gets in a position to hire/fire, then I would be concerned.
It's so annoying. People here complain day in and day out about Blacks, and when called out on it, say they can't do anything because they're write.

All you can really do is sigh. There's no point in arguing with these people.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
It's so annoying. People here complain day in and day out about Blacks, and when called out on it, say they can't do anything because they're write.

All you can really do is sigh. There's no point in arguing with these people.
One can only do so much. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies