Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 AM

112 posts, read 76,481 times

Advertisements

Are people still floating the myth that Clinton had an opportunity to arrest Bin Laden in 1996? The 9/11 Commission report states otherwise. Might want to brush up on the facts and deflecting the failures of the less Bush.

14 years later and they're still blaming Clinton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:31 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,006,858 times
Clinton did have several opportunities to kill Osama
But he was too busy feeding his bologna to a intern...

Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 AM

Maybe if Clinton was able to predict what an abject failure his predecessor was going to be, he would've taken out the village. But as we learned 6 months after the attack that Bush was truly not concerned about bin Laden. His words, not mine.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,006,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerphx View Post
Maybe if Clinton was able to predict what an abject failure his predecessor was going to be, he would've taken out the village. But as we learned 6 months after the attack that Bush was truly not concerned about bin Laden. His words, not mine.
Wagging the dog there rookie?
The way the Clinton's do things they probably forgot too stress the seriousness of the situation ...

Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,568,240 times
Quote:
Bingo. I learned on Sept. 12, 2001, only one day after the attacks, that Bush didn't care about 3000 dead Americans. He had his neocon spokesperson, James Woolsley, tell Tom Brokaw that Saddam Hussein was behind the attack. I remember the interview.

I'm certain Bush was overwhelmed at the time, it was a huge responsibility for a mature and intelligent adult, so you know Bush was in over his head, and I'm sure Cheney and Rumsfeld were not going to let such a golden opportunity be squandered. They told the man-child exactly what the plan was going to be.

So they started the propaganda campaign of "Iraq is involved in 9/11", and when that wasn't working, we ended up with WMD's.

Polls like this one of 1000 Americans only remind me that the United States has more dumb people than any other industrialized country on earth.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:08 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,568,240 times
Quote:
Are people still floating the myth that Clinton had an opportunity to arrest Bin Laden in 1996? The 9/11 Commission report states otherwise. Might want to brush up on the facts and deflecting the failures of the less Bush.

14 years later and they're still blaming Clinton!
They'll never take responsibility for their failures. Never. You'll never hear a Republican say they're wrong about anything unless they are caught up in a sex scandal.

Otherwise, their failures are always someone else's fault.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 AM

7,529 posts, read 5,780,755 times
I don't think liberals understand how hated Obummer is.. Add the TPA and unions now, well it's not looking good.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:37 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,890 times
Quote:
Maybe if you knew what predecessor ment we could take your opinion seriously. It's generally not difficult to "predict" what someone did before you. If Clinton wasn't such an abject failure Osama would have been killed after attacking the US embassy.

Bill Clinton, Hours Before 9/11 Attacks: 'I Could Have Killed' Osama bin Laden - ABC News

Old 06-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Whoops, I guess I meant to say successor. It's best not too misspell 5 letter words when correcting somebody else though.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:11 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,618,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not even that, it is just human nature as something gets older, we tend to remember the good more than we do the bad. That is just something the brain likes to do.
Maybe for some things. Jimmy Carter is still the worst president in modern history. Age has not changed my opinion at all, and I voted for him. 😭
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies