Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:57 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You fail yourself. Political parties aren't failing anyone as an individual and hasn't failed any black person determined to make it in America and live the dream.

I'm a black liberal Democrat and I've managed just fine. If I were a failure, it wouldn't have a damn thing to do with my political persuasion. Tens of millions of Americans are successful registered Democrats.

This pastor should tell the real truth, but he can't afford to:

The Black Church and the Christian faith have failed the black community miserably, and they should abandon BOTH as soon as possible.

That's the real truth. But he won't tell them that.
What does the Christian faith promise? What do Democrats promise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 01:10 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times
"Black Chicago Pastor: Dems ‘Failing’ Us"

This is exactly how it's supposed to play out -- Go back and read up on the policies of Lyndon B Johnson and you'll learn everything you need to know about this.

His legislation was designed to do this under the guise of his Great Society ... And it bought votes for the Dem's for 50 long years.

LBJ screwed the Black Community, and the Black Community thanked him for it.

This is the Great Society coming home to roost.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Democrats have never promised me a damn thing.

The Bible (and Christianity by extension) promises pie in the sky and a white Jesus that's supposedly gonna be your savior. Savior from what...I'd like to know

He didn't Save the Jews despite him being Jewish and them being his "chosen people." So why would he save blacks from anything?

That's the long and short of it. Some black preacher running his mouth about the Dems while fleecing his own people under the guise of religion is hellaciously ironic.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 06-04-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 06-04-2015, 04:45 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Organized religion and gubbermint, two sides of the same coin

Old 06-04-2015, 05:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Organized religion and gubbermint, two sides of the same coin
One side is entirely voluntary and the other is entirely coercive. Two entirely different coins.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:12 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:

The Bible (and Christianity by extension) promises pie in the sky and a white Jesus that's supposedly gonna be your savior. Savior from what...I'd like to know

He didn't Save the Jews despite him being Jewish and them being his "chosen people." So why would he save blacks from anything?

That's the long and short of it. Some black preacher running his mouth about the Dems while fleecing his own people under the guise of religion is hellaciously ironic.
Jesus never promised anyone a paycheck for nothing. But, a great lesson, (from another religion): Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. You can't say, in one breath, that it's individual responsibility and then say, in the next breath, that it's the fault of the church.

I agree that it IS individual, and I also think that having better role models for young people is a step in the right direction. Not everyone is going to be a sports star, so let's find some real, hard working role models for our youth so that they understand what hard work does for them.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:15 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:

Some people are spiritually bankrupt.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From my own personal experience, i have seen people give 10% tithes, but miss a mortgage/car payment or have their lights cut off. And then thank God and the church for paying those things the next month

I have seen pastors talk about people being unwilling to give right before the collection plate comes around and then leave the church that evening in a band new car going to a 6,000 square foot house; While the majority of their flock walk to work and church from 700 sq ft brick huts built in the 1940's.

I have seen those same churches publicly shame gay young men, cutting them off from the only family they know when they probably need them the most. The same happens to young girls who get pregnant and arent married(but not to the father of the child weirdly enough).

The Promise, that black churches gave, was hope. And they have delivered nothing.

* My belief that the church(religion) is corrupt is separate from my belief in God.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
ANYBODY that hitches their wagon completely to a single party is going to be taken advantage of.

It's as simple as that. They're politicians.

If you don't have votes or money for them, they aren't going to help you.

When your votes are taken for granted and your community isn't making big donations? You're disenfranchised.
Frankly, I can't imagine relying on any politician or political party to help me.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:46 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,863,076 times
I'd love for this pastor to get his wish and have republicans start representing his community. I'd love to see how much they would prosper under republican leadership.

Please please someone make this happen and then interview this pastor and see if he has a change of heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies