Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 01:00 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The DJ was poolside - not in a public park across the street from the pool. In a public park across the street from the pool makes no sense, contradicts the known facts, and totally discredits the OP's "eye witness" post.
It looks like the OP was relating a viral post.

I don't see anything from you that places the DJ poolside.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
It looks like the OP was relating a viral post.

I don't see anything from you that places the DJ poolside.
see below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The DJ already tweeted that he was not involved at all and didn't crash any party and wasn't charging for admission.

The DJ said he was hired to DJ the pool party. When it turned bad he left.

His accounts are now protected. He wants nothing to do with this incident.
And FYI..he's a White guy since everyone's skin color has to be mentioned.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:05 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
see below:
Because here's her setup in the park directly next to the gated pool:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dpcookout?src=hash

And DJ Reign's version or heresay of it, without facts, is meaningless to me.

Last edited by mm4; 06-10-2015 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 01:14 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Who assaulted who? It appears the white girl had the black girl's hair and the black kids were trying to disengage from the attack. Both white and black witnesses say the white woman was throwing racial slurs and started it.

The DJ was poolside - not in a "public area" - and there are no claims he set up and played without permission.
[/quote]

Whose "permission". The young woman who had no right to grant that permission? Or the HOA who did?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
so... back to the cop... how does this affect your opinion of the situation?

Evidently Officer Casebolt, (sp) came to this scene following being at two scenes of suicides. This is from a statement from his lawyer I believe. he was emotional because of that. He recognizes he reacted terribly.

Now my view remains that he caused this situation to spin out of control by his actions. the other 11 cops acted right.
I am glad the one person charged has had the charges dropped.

I also think his resignation was warrented. but this new information does give me pause. I feel terrible for him. I hope he gets his life together.

does this information (provided its accurate) change any bit of your view of the situation?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so... back to the cop... how does this affect your opinion of the situation?

Evidently Officer Casebolt, (sp) came to this scene following being at two scenes of suicides. This is from a statement from his lawyer I believe. he was emotional because of that. He recognizes he reacted terribly.

does this information (provided its accurate) change any bit of your view of the situation?
I'd think that attending a suicide scene and an attempted suicide scene would help you put things in perspective and make you calmer. Were any of the other officers present at these 2 suicide calls?

"Bishkin said Casebolt helped secure the scene and photograph the body"
A beat cop now takes crime scene photos of the body? His attorney appears to be overplaying her hand.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:12 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
UMMM...he also grabbed her by the hair and also sat his body parts on her. There are pictures of it all over.

Not interested in meeting you either.
Be specific....What "body parts" are you talking about? His knees?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,568 times
[quote=katzpaw;39969209]I'd think that attending a suicide scene and an attempted suicide scene would help you put things in perspective and make you calmer. Were any of the other officers present at these 2 suicide calls? - What? Calming to see a dead body? Okay.

A beat cop now takes crime scene photos of the body? His attorney appears to be overplaying her hand. - A 10 year veteran Corporal is not really a "beat cop". Your ignorance is showing.

Crime Scene Response for the Patrol Officer

"If possible, consider taking initial photographs of the victim as soon as you can. This quick case study will tell you why victim photographs taken by first responders can be critical in a criminal investigation"

Protecting the Crime Scene

http://www.policemag.com/whitepapers/download.ashx?id=50

[/quote]

I'm only responding to your comments about the officer and police procedure. Not about his actions or the incident at the pool party.

IDGAF about any of the rest of it.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
It doesn't change mine.

Cops see a lot of things; murder victims, suicides, people who have been assaulted, vehicle accident scenes, etc.

If seeing those things radically impacts how an officer will react to the next situation, then they might not be cut out to be a cop.

If he was disturbed by the suicides at the time of the call to the pool, he should have been able to recognize his own growing anger or whatever emotion he was feeling and just stayed in the background until he could calm himself.

Besides, what kind of person witnesses the aftermath of suicide and then even THINKS of drawing a weapon on a bunch of kids?

Why would coming from suicide scenes cause him to want to hurt people???????????

Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
I'd think that attending a suicide scene and an attempted suicide scene would help you put things in perspective and make you calmer. Were any of the other officers present at these 2 suicide calls?

A beat cop now takes crime scene photos of the body? His attorney appears to be overplaying her hand.
I don't agree it would calm you. I think it would freak you out.

I feel for the guy in the sense that it puts things in context. However, I think the right thing has been done. he is off the force and no one has been charged.

the sad thing is, there likely should be some people charged (not the kid that was nor the girl that Casebolt took down) but because of his actions, it just has to be walked away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies