Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Anybody that tries to take my clip will get a handful of fart.
Haven't you ever sat down in your car and had the lining of your pocket fall between your legs and all the stuff in your pocket kinda stab you?

Old 06-27-2015, 02:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Haven't you ever sat down in your car and had the lining of your pocket fall between your legs and all the stuff in your pocket kinda stab you?
Uh yeah. Not pleasant.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Uh yeah. Not pleasant.
Does that answer your question how a clip that your folding money is in can be deadly?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
It is bizarre, almost like it is a virus. I'm surprised they didn't throw in 'shoulder thing that goes up.' What is it that induces people to babble like this?

You would think that somewhere along the line an editor would take the time to crack open a book and learn some of the right terminology. Not only is 'clip' incorrect, but 'bullet' only refers to the projectile, so that is also incorrect.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:08 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It is bizarre, almost like it is a virus. I'm surprised they didn't throw in 'shoulder thing that goes up.' What is it that induces people to babble like this?

You would think that somewhere along the line an editor would take the time to crack open a book and learn some of the right terminology. Not only is 'clip' incorrect, but 'bullet' only refers to the projectile, so that is also incorrect.
Yes, this is one of the most pathetic attempts at scary technical terminology I've seen in a while. Trying to make a simple , semi auto title seem like a weapon out of Star Wars. Quite sad.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:03 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Have we been able to finally get the conservatives to admit that racism was the motivation behind the attacker's murderous actions? After all the evidence and racist statements made by the attacker himself?

No?.. Hmm.
No they are all blaming the rebel flag.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:39 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
No they are all blaming the rebel flag.
Actually, I do blame the murderer himself based on racism not the flag. I have said it all along and I am a conservative. It is the left that is blaming the flag. You've got it backwards.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:10 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, I do blame the murderer himself based on racism not the flag. I have said it all along and I am a conservative. It is the left that is blaming the flag. You've got it backwards.
The left isn't really "blaming the flag". We are just saying, "This just shows how having that flag on government property is in such poor taste, and another reason why it should come down." Is that too hard to grasp?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:20 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Have we been able to finally get the conservatives to admit that racism was the motivation behind the attacker's murderous actions? After all the evidence and racist statements made by the attacker himself?

No?.. Hmm.
Roof was a racist sociopath. The main problem being a sociopath. The media is having a feel good attack on flags. So now companies are joining in and we are getting ideas such as removing flags from matchbox cars (General Lee car) and removing flags from Apple's video games as if this will actually accomplish something.

Sociopaths have lots of motivations to commit their heinous acts. Son of Sam thought his pet was telling him to kill people. Should we ban dogs? You are trying to put rational thoughts into a deranged, irrational mind.

One thing we are ignoring is the mental health system. Does it work? Does giving people medications with crazy side effects and no consistent supervision work? Can we trust these patients to be on the honor system to take their meds? We have gut mental health budgets while closing asylums. Has that worked? We always act reactively to tragedies such as Charleston. Could we act proactively and get the deranged out of society BEFORE they do harm?

Then we have the gun situation. How do we get better quality people to own them while preventing others from having them. SC law prevented people from carrying guns into church. Did not prevent Roof from doing so, but prevented parishioners from having one. The law failed to protect the parishioners.
Perhaps we need top require gun owners to have insurance on each gun so they are vetted by an insurance company in addition to FBI. Also put huge mandatory minimum sentences on people who commit crimes with guns.

See, now doesn't addressing more of the issues accomplish more than just screaming about racism? Many folks are racist, but they aren't going to shoot up a church. Hard to replace what is in someone's heart, but our responsibility as a society is to prevent those with ill intent from being able to carry out their intent.

That would make a good legacy for those poor 9 people who lost their lives due to a sociopath.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:42 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It was the prescription drugs he was on that made him do it. He was on the SSRI drugs just like all the other mass shooters. Let's call a spade a sapde.
Ignorance is a bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies