Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You do that. And then my tax dollars can go to filling the gap created by hospitals writing off bad debt when you go to the emergency room without insurance.

You showed them!
Yeah, never mind my trust fund could pay for it but you go ahead and keep spouting that if it makes you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
All the federal subsidies will be left in place...
And Republican lawmakers across the country breathe a huge sigh of relief. This is actually a win for the GOP. They don't have to try to replace the healthcare law now, and won't face an irate electorate when it is revealed they have nothing. And they also get to continue to weild the ACA as their go-to boogie man.

And millions of Americans get to keep their healthcare.

Good decision all the way around.

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Now SCOTUS give us Gay Marriage already!
I can't believe they haven't given that decision yet. I think it was two weeks ago that there was a thread stating it would come in the next week and we are still waiting on it. Apparently that comes tomorrow.

14,204 posts, read 12,276,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Meh.

I'm actually kind of glad the decision went this way.

The country will only learn the ACA is crap by allowing it to fail on its own.
Sorry but it's here to stay.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:36 AM

186 posts, read 158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree.
Ditto--AGREED and can't wait til it happens

Old 06-25-2015, 08:36 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,257 times
sad that Justice Roberts continues to undermine his credibility. No longer interprets law, makes law.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:39 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Time to put a Republican back in the WH.
That used to be a good idea but Republicans have sacrificed any claim to office with their collective actions inlcuding TPP, and TPA. Now with SCOTUS officially declaring the Constitution as unimportant, this nation... the one it used to be, is over.

It's everyman for himself now. And don't trust anyone.

Quote:
And Republican lawmakers across the country breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Yeah, they can stop paying rent in WashDC and go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Of course.
Nowadays the government can do anything it desires and that is upheld by the very Courts that are supppsed to defend the People from that very thing.

We are now left only with Rulers and it becomes blatently more apparent every day

We are now slaves to them.
Get in line and keep in step or endure their wrath.
So right. Obama's bastardization of the U.S. is now complete. With the Congress surely going full Democratic next session and the court completely destroying the Constitution, there's nothing left to do but cover your own butt and be careful.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:39 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And Republican lawmakers across the country breathe a huge sigh of relief. This is actually a win for the GOP. They don't have to try to replace the healthcare law now, and won't face an irate electorate when it is revealed they have nothing. And they also get to continue to weild the ACA as their go-to boogie man.

And millions of Americans get to keep their healthcare.

Good decision all the way around.
Politically, this is a huge bump to Republicans....thanks guys!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:40 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Told ya so! 6-3 just like I predicted. This was not a hard case to decide, actually.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,510 times
Today I am freed from my oath to the constitution and nation I swore so many years ago to protect and defend. That nation and its laws no longer exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies