Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 04:44 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times

Advertisements

Mexico isn't really a 'country' anymore. Half its people live here. It's an extension of the US, still not living under the US's laws except via extradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 04:52 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Perhaps the one time in 1000 where I will agree with you. Where in the Constitution is there any authority given for HW Bush to invade Panama, capture Noriega, and lock him up in a federal pen. Or to for Obama to extradite a Mexican drug purveyor and lock him up in a US prison.

Neither HW nor Barack seem to respect national sovereignty.
Well that's silly, conflating an invasion which was probably a Guiness World Record for SWAT arrests with having the Mexican government extradite a wanted criminal to the U.S. The very fact that if the extradition takes place is a recognition of Mexico's sovereignty.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's not our problem.
Quote:
Our laws? He's a Mexican national that has never set foot in the United States. Our laws are none of his concern.
You are wrong on both counts, ask Carlos Lehder. Conspiring to commit crimes in the U.S. is most definitely within the jurisdiction of the United States, and if one has committed such acts and is extradited to the U.S. they most definitely can be prosecuted in federal court.

Why his he our problem... because he conspires to import narcotics into this country and unlike Mexico we can keep him behind bars.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:59 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You are wrong on both counts, ask Carlos Lehder. Conspiring to commit crimes in the U.S. is most definitely within the jurisdiction of the United States, and if one has committed such acts and is extradited to the U.S. they most definitely can be prosecuted in federal court.

Why his he our problem... because he conspires to import narcotics into this country and unlike Mexico we can keep him behind bars.
You are correct.

Let me point out that Charles Manson never killed anyone. However, he ordered his followers to kill those four people, and Manson has been in prison for decades. I have never heard anyone say that Manson should not have been held responsible.

Now, would his responsibility had been less if he was across the Rio Grande and order the California killings? Not under Federal law. He would still be responsible.

This short Mexican drug lord has been charged with ordering murders here in the USA, as well as RICO violations, and who knows what else.

I rather doubt, in the end, that Shorty will be captured alive. Indeed, there is a real possibility that he may never be captured again. He does appear to be crafty and intelligent.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You are correct.

Let me point out that Charles Manson never killed anyone. However, he ordered his followers to kill those four people, and Manson has been in prison for decades. I have never heard anyone say that Manson should not have been held responsible.

Now, would his responsibility had been less if he was across the Rio Grande and order the California killings? Not under Federal law. He would still be responsible.

This short Mexican drug lord has been charged with ordering murders here in the USA, as well as RICO violations, and who knows what else.

I rather doubt, in the end, that Shorty will be captured alive. Indeed, there is a real possibility that he may never be captured again. He does appear to be crafty and intelligent.
Maybe. But Guzman IS a marked man, like Osama bin Laden and we know what happened to him.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I agree with this. Kill him, kill his successor, kill the person that replaces that person and so on. Eventually a smart person will come along and realize that it doesent pay to be a drug cartel kingpin.

We have more bombs and bullets than there are people in all of Mexico. We need to go back to the days of Gunboat Diplomacy and the Big Stick policy ... especially when it comes to Latin America. The only thing they understand is force.
LMAO....yeah, right.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
If the CIA and Delta could find and take out Pablo Escobar we can find "El Chapo" too.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

What crime did Guzman conspire to commit in the U.S.? He's moving dope to distributors that get the drugs into the United States...nothing more and nothing less.

The problem isn't Chapo, it's with Americans that want dope. Folks are just bitter about our inability to stop people from wanting dope, so they wanna take it out on Guzman. You can lock up all the Cartel leaders you want...they replicate themselves at a stunning rate.

Yeah, i know we CAN lock him up. I know we have dumbass laws that cover people like Guzman. The question is WHY should we import Mexico's problems to this country in the form of a major drug dealer that hasn't touched a hair on an American head.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:
Guzman never sold dope to a single American kid. He's never even been to this country based on the evidence.
I guess you missed post #10. Or did you deliberately ignore it?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:
Our laws? He's a Mexican national that has never set foot in the United States.
Again, see post #10. You insist that he was never in the US. How do you know that to be a fact? Can you prove it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies