Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM

45,304 posts, read 26,567,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He called his wife a good Mexican and explained he's Hispanic because they eat Mexican food and speak Spanish in the home. Has he lost his mind?
Well it's a brave new world, Bruce can be Catlyn and a white NAACP leader can be black.

How long before a sharp 18 year old tries to buy booze by simply claiming to be 21 and sues for discrimination when denied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM

63,170 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
If a blonde haired, freckle faced, White woman, can be Black, run the local NAACP & be a professor of African American Studies at the local university, then Bush can be Latino.
Except he's not. Just because he married a Mexican doesn't make him Latino.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,908,657 times
Quote:
He called his wife a good Mexican and explained he's Hispanic because they eat Mexican food and speak Spanish in the home. Has he lost his mind?
Yes lost his mind, manhood and race. I know someone married to a Hispanic. She feeds him over-spiced food that he as a European is not adapted for. Maybe she over spices everything on purpose. She's not very bright either. Everything is about her family and doing things her illogical way. I can tell Jeb is just her meal ticket and sucker. Jeb can sell out his own heritage, but he's never getting my vote to sell out my heritage.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:32 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,117,077 times
"hispanic" is not a race.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:41 PM

27,729 posts, read 16,239,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
In Spanish, Jeb Bush recounts his children were taunted for their skin tone - The Washington Post

What he probably leaves out is that it was white Cubans who taunted his son.
A tear ...Poor old jebidiah and his chitlins. Moral to the story kids: Low life scum will do and say anything to win.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
Jeb Bush is not Hispanic, even if he somehow said so on an old voter registration form.

I am mixed, and I don't have to be accepted by ANYBODY but my families and friends.

Well, being bullied? Fight back. Respect is EARNED, not demanded. Crying solves nothing.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM

63,170 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes lost his mind, manhood and race. I know someone married to a Hispanic. She feeds him over-spiced food that he as a European is not adapted for. Maybe she over spices everything on purpose. She's not very bright either. Everything is about her family and doing things her illogical way. I can tell Jeb is just her meal ticket and sucker. Jeb can sell out his own heritage, but he's never getting my vote to sell out my heritage.
Nothing wrong with incorporating you spouse's ethnicity/culture along with your own in a marriage but where I draw the line is when one marries a Hispanic and it makes them disregard our immigration laws for them by advocating for amnesty. I have seen it happen time and time again. It is particularly troubling when a politician like Bush vying for the presidency does it.

Also, why shed or turn your back on your own ethnicity/culture for your spouse's? Brainwashing, anyone?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,944,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Jeb Bush is not Hispanic, even if he somehow said so on an old voter registration form.

I am mixed, and I don't have to be accepted by ANYBODY but my families and friends.

Well, being bullied? Fight back. Respect is EARNED, not demanded. Crying solves nothing.
If you were born AND raised in LatAm; you COULD claim "Hispanic" and no 1 could say boo tho la raza would whine.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:51 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,487,369 times
Quote:
No. He did not say that he was Hispanic. He did say his children were "Hispanic 'in many respects'". He did say his wife is proud of her Mexican citizenship. He did say the "the Hispanic influence in my family is something very important in my life".

BTW, the English translation of the article presented online isn't correct: "Speaking in Spanish, Bush said: "We are very Hispanic," He did NOT say this in the video interview.

His Spanish is very good. He needs work on his adverbs, his present subjunctive mood and use of subjunctive with indirect commands and reflexive pronouns.

I am NOT a supporter, but one has to be VERY careful with translations...just sayin'...

Old 07-28-2015, 04:21 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,451,767 times
Seems like Jeb HIS PANICking...!

Last edited by Chaffeetrekker; 07-28-2015 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies