Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:26 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

It's times like this when the best 2016 campaign slogan has to be:

No more Clintons.
No more Bushes.
And for God's sake, NEVER another Obama.

Jeb just needs to stop, and go buy a nice place down in Mexico with his wife. Then his kids wouldn't be taunted. They might be shot, but they wouldn't be taunted.

I cringe at the thought of a Clinton v. Bush election, and sure as hell hope that's not what we're heading for. It would be like two old athletes who didn't know when to retire. All we would need is for Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days playing in the background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 09:48 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It's times like this when the best 2016 campaign slogan has to be:

No more Clintons.
No more Bushes.
And for God's sake, NEVER another Obama.

Jeb just needs to stop, and go buy a nice place down in Mexico with his wife. Then his kids wouldn't be taunted. They might be shot, but they wouldn't be taunted.

I cringe at the thought of a Clinton v. Bush election, and sure as hell hope that's not what we're heading for. It would be like two old athletes who didn't know when to retire. All we would need is for Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days playing in the background.

Why no more Clintons? We havent had that many Clintons, and the Clinton economy was the best economy we have seen since the 50s! I can totally understand why no more Bush's..

Old 07-29-2015, 09:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
European people not adapted to spices, yeah, tell that to my northern European brother-in-law from the Heartland that European people can't handle spices, nope none at all . Here's a clue for you, Stormfront doesn't represent real life.

You're part Hispanic yourself
Just stop it, please. Either a person's Hispanic or NOT. You and I both know that Hispanic ain't a race. Too; there are many people out there with full Spanish names who ain't Latino, like people from the Philippines and some "anglo white" Europeans.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:58 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
The only person in America that is being discriminated against is the white male. They have a right to complain. Everybody else needs to shut their mouths. Could that be why Bush wants to be Hispanic? As far as I am concerned Mexico can have him.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:03 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
In Spanish, Jeb Bush recounts his children were taunted for their skin tone - The Washington Post

What he probably leaves out is that it was white Cubans who taunted his son.
Sad...but that's part and parcel of moving around in Republican circles - he should have known that.

I mean ol Piyush Jindal changed his religion, first name and painted himself a lighter skin on his governors portrait to fit in with conservatives.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:46 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Jeb has lost his identity. He wants to be a Mexican so send him to Mexico with his dumb brother.......

Old 07-30-2015, 05:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Hope his kids got over it.

What else can you say?

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Good God, when will Bush understand he's not running for President of Mexico.

He can try to ingratiate himself as much as possible to Latinos, to prove he's different from old codger gringos or whatever, but in the end it's not a winning strategy because it comes off so phony and Hispandering.

(BTW: It's highly likely that if his kids grew up in Miami and were taunted, it would have been by the white Cubans who ran (run) Miami, and their progeny who are often "minorities of convenience." Also, his kids aren't THAT "brown," lol. I've seen straight up country white children tan up just as dark in the summer).

Old 07-30-2015, 09:16 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
If a blonde haired, freckle faced, White woman, can be Black, run the local NAACP & be a professor of African American Studies at the local university, then Bush can be Latino.
The term "latino/hispanic" has never had a concrete definition in the first place, so it isn't a stretch to call him that.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Jeb Bush talks in Spanish how his children were taunted for brown skin

At least his kids appear to speak fluent English.

I don't think their mother does, though.

Have we ever had a non-English speaking 1st lady?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies