Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:09 AM

13,686 posts, read 20,852,286 times

Advertisements

Somehow I think the Bush pedigree and vacations at Kennebunkport, not to mention a 100 million dollar net worth, saved these poor lads from a life of trauma.

Good grief...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 02:32 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,956,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Somehow I think the Bush pedigree and vacations at Kennebunkport, not to mention a 100 million dollar net worth, saved these poor lads from a life of trauma.

Good grief...
Hell; George Romney, Mitt's dad could've claim Hispanic more than Jeb's kids since George was born and raised In Mexico. Too; he ran into anti Mexican prejudice when his family moved to the US way back when even tho on paper, George was kinda sorta "anglo".

Old 07-29-2015, 02:41 PM

7,453 posts, read 7,057,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
In Spanish, Jeb Bush recounts his children were taunted for their skin tone - The Washington Post

What he probably leaves out is that it was white Cubans who taunted his son.
Great, another wanna-be president who thinks he needs to teach white Americans how to behave better. I've had quite enough of that.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:02 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,656,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Has any kid you've ever known not been teased or bullied for being different?

Kids can be so mean so everyone has experienced something at some point.

I think it's so insincere when people claim to have been bullied and make it out to be some HUGE thing to get sympathy. Even wealthy, powerful, very entitled people use this tactic.
I have known a few who were in the popular crowd who never were(or atleast said they never were).

But this is also about scope, all bulling/teasing is not equal. Someone mentioning one time that someone has big ears is not the same as constantly being bullied because of the color of your skin or sexuality(perceived or not).

Old 07-29-2015, 03:37 PM

2,298 posts, read 3,975,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
No. He did not say that he was Hispanic. He did say his children were "Hispanic 'in many respects'". He did say his wife is proud of her Mexican citizenship. He did say the "the Hispanic influence in my family is something very important in my life".

BTW, the English translation of the article presented online isn't correct: "Speaking in Spanish, Bush said: "We are very Hispanic," He did NOT say this in the video interview.

His Spanish is very good. He needs work on his adverbs, his present subjunctive mood and use of subjunctive with indirect commands and reflexive pronouns.

I am NOT a supporter, but one has to be VERY careful with translations...just sayin'...
The Hispanic influence in his family has been so important in his life that he's wants the rest of us to experience it as well. Well I don't want to have anything to do with him or the Bush family. That family has been bad for America.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:43 PM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
The Hispanic influence in his family has been so important in his life that he's wants the rest of us to experience it as well. Well I don't want to have anything to do with him or the Bush family. That family has been bad for America.
In other words he tossed off his own native culture for another and we should be thrilled for him? Why not be proud of who you actually are? I imagine his adopted Mexican culture has something to do with his views on illegal immigration also. I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only candidate running.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 PM

7,453 posts, read 7,057,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In other words he tossed off his own native culture for another and we should be thrilled for him? Why not be proud of who you actually are? I imagine his adopted Mexican culture has something to do with his views on illegal immigration also. I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only candidate running.
Mexico is a **** hole. That statement is true. For the cognitively deficient, it doesn't mean all Mexicans are bad. It means collectively, over a fairly large amount of time, they've created a **** hole. We, collectively, as a country, have nothing to learn from Mexico. If Jeb Bush thinks we do - he is as unqualified to be President as the current holder of that office.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes lost his mind, manhood and race. I know someone married to a Hispanic. She feeds him over-spiced food that he as a European is not adapted for. Maybe she over spices everything on purpose. She's not very bright either. Everything is about her family and doing things her illogical way. I can tell Jeb is just her meal ticket and sucker. Jeb can sell out his own heritage, but he's never getting my vote to sell out my heritage.
European people not adapted to spices, yeah, tell that to my northern European brother-in-law from the Heartland that European people can't handle spices, nope none at all . Here's a clue for you, Stormfront doesn't represent real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Also, why shed or turn your back on your own ethnicity/culture for your spouse's? Brainwashing, anyone?
You're part Hispanic yourself

Old 07-29-2015, 08:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,917,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
European people not adapted to spices, yeah, tell that to my northern European brother-in-law from the Heartland that European people can't handle spices, nope none at all . Here's a clue for you, Stormfront doesn't represent real life.

I suppose you anti-science PC-types also deny there are genetic population differences in lactose and alcohol tolerances too? Lots of people of Europeans decent do not like their food always highly spiced and it irritates their digestive system.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,192,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Half Hispanic? Then Mr Bush; please tell us how a white Argentine can be full Hispanic and look like a Swede. lol

What gets me is why so many people thing Hispanic and LatAm Mestizo are the same thing; they ain't.
Yeah, but who would want to be white anymore if they could possibly avoid it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies