Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Comply or die, eh?
these guys basically have a license to kill or financially spank you and Im gonna try not to give them a reason. I dont know them from Adam. btw yes I have had family members roughed up by police and seen unarmed people unjustly killed... Yes comply or potentially die or get a ticket or get mouthy and get 2 tickets... you get the picture eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how liberals who are supposedly so concerned about the police following the rule of law and procedures are so willing to toss both in the trash when it comes to crimes committed by non-white police or against whites.
Aside from the strawman argument, I don't recall many crickets when three of the six Baltimore City Police officers indicted in the death of Freddie Gray are African Americans.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Aside from the strawman argument, I don't recall many crickets when three of the six Baltimore City Police officers indicted in the death of Freddie Gray are African Americans.
And the three white officer had nothing to do with the conditions that caused Gray's death.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
these guys basically have a license to kill or financially spank you and Im gonna try not to give them a reason. I dont know them from Adam. btw yes I have had family members roughed up by police and seen unarmed people unjustly killed... Yes comply or potentially die or get a ticket or get mouthy and get 2 tickets... you get the picture eh?
They have a license to kill because people like yourself think that license is valid.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:21 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They have a license to kill because people like yourself think that license is valid.
How do you know I didn't burn the neighborhood down and loot a liquor store?

Old 07-31-2015, 06:29 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
We're still not seeing where race was involved in this. Its still a case of police using unwarranted deadly force and only that. Idiots crying racism and making with the hysterics to get on camera isn't going to help anyone.
From what I've read he was a rookie campus cop with little experience in making anything other than traffic stops. He screwed up big time and will pay the price.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
If you have had over 70 criminal charges, 13 children, did time for drug trafficking, refused to give credentials, tried to flee, you sir are a bad apple.

Let's stop the BS already. Keep defending thugs and nothing will change. Sure he didn't deserve to die but he should not have been driving a vehicle and should have been on house arrest.

All this my people, my people, black lives matter BS. How about black folk take responsibility. He is lucky he made it this far...

70 charges and you think you are going to stick around? Where is god in this story?

Some of you people are falling for this mumbo jumbo. Maybe if we all sit these thugs down and set them straight, maybe this stuff won't happen. When I was growing up in Queens, my Haitian grandmother would spank the heck out of me if I even stepped outside without asking...
That is the point.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:08 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Years ago, I argued in one of my legal cases that stupidity can rise to the level of malice.

The judge ruled that, stupid is stupid, and malice is malice, and that the two are distinctly unrelated.

Then, he went into a discourse about the tolerable levels of each, and how to properly manage them.

He seems to have implied, that since the "Good Book" is silent on the subject of stupidity, that management of it should be left to federal judges (at least to any federal case involving stupidity).

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 07-31-2015 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 12:58 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What gets me is whenever a white cop commits a bad shoot of a black suspect, they rush to call it murder and prosecute and the media reports extensively. But if a black cop does a bad shoot nothing happens.

I saw a video a few months back of a black cop shoot 9 times and killing a black passenger for getting out of the car. It really wasn't much different from this case or Slager. But you never heard anything about it and I bet the officer wasn't even disciplined let alone prosecuted for murder.

NJ cops shoot 9 times, kill black man who had his hands up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4A5-CoVX4
I agree with this. The media too often is the one who sensationalizes these stories based on race. White cops kill white people all the time too but the news doesn't pick it up to incite rage of the populace like it does with black. We need to ask ourselves, why?

And FWIW I'm black and have been harrassed by primarily black cops and was told I would have more of a case if the officer had been white.

This race focus IMO is a huge sickness and is a barrier to enacting real police reform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We're still not seeing where race was involved in this. Its still a case of police using unwarranted deadly force and only that. Idiots crying racism and making with the hysterics to get on camera isn't going to help anyone.
From what I've read he was a rookie campus cop with little experience in making anything other than traffic stops. He screwed up big time and will pay the price.
I agree with this. It is not about racism.

But just FYI the hashtag BlackLivesMatter is not about racism either. It is just point out an issue that disproportionately affects us, just like black people have community groups that work on violent crimes in neighborhoods or Black Girls Rock that works on leadership and confidence issues with black girls. Black people like most ethnic groups have always had organizations that react to and protest for and work toward specific goals relating to our population. And in practically all those instances, there have been non-black people involved, including in BlackLivesMatter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I haven't really seen anyone post here who has defended him. Virtually everybody has said he deserved to be arrested. But NOT shot to death.

So when you say, "black lives matter BS", you mean Black lives do not matter?

He should have been on house arrest. I can buy that. But had he been placed on house arrest?
Why should he have been on house arrest?

All of his charges were traffic related except one assault charge. He also did not have 70+charges like that poster mentioned.

He was not a criminal.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:14 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. The media too often is the one who sensationalizes these stories based on race. White cops kill white people all the time too but the news doesn't pick it up to incite rage of the populace like it does with black.
Really?

This shooting made national news and was the reason the U.S. Justice Department sought and won a consent decree to oversee the Albuquerque police department.

2 officers charged in Albuquerque homeless shooting - CNN.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies