Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:28 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If you mean that cops are being charged with murder for defending themselves and protecting the public anytime a black life is involved, then yes, it is just sad.
Just wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 10:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Really?

This shooting made national news and was the reason the U.S. Justice Department sought and won a consent decree to oversee the Albuquerque police department.

2 officers charged in Albuquerque homeless shooting - CNN.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
But the exceptions don't make the rule. Generally only in the most blatant cases and if you're a pitiful, dumb and homeless guy will the progressives seek justice for the white victim.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But the exceptions don't make the rule. Generally only in the most blatant cases and if you're a pitiful, dumb and homeless guy will the progressives seek justice for the white victim.
I wonder what the odds are of this officer even pulling a gun on a white female?

Before we go there is it as likely that a white female would do this? Probably not but it does happen.

Would this officer shoot her in the head?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I wonder what the odds are of this officer even pulling a gun on a white female?

Before we go there is it as likely that a white female would do this? Probably not but it does happen.

Males are generally and statistically treated as bigger threat and treated harsher. But that doesn't necessarily make the officer sexist any more than if they see members of one race more a threat than another.

Aggressive cops do sometimes act excessively against females though. The real problem is overly reactive or aggressive cops, the secondary problem is some people do dumb stuff when confronted by the police.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

You mean like this annoying non-compliant white female?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjOeM3a8cE

Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Here is Officer Tensing harassing 2 black kids in 2014. His supervisor was called who said just give the kid a ticket for the driving infraction and let him go.

Watch Another Heated Traffic Stop Made by Cop Accused of Killing Samuel DuBose - ABC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt3sYSoV23g

Old 08-01-2015, 05:33 AM

143 posts, read 96,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
It also proves that no matter what happens the so-called good cops will automatically back up the bad cops. This cop lied about being dragged by the car and not one other cop questioned his BS story. If the video had not been available, the innocent man would have been blamed for his own murder while the killer was praised as a hero. I assume that pretty much every cop is a scumbag or at least willing to protect the ones that are, they are the largest most dangerous criminal gang in the United States. I am sure they appreciate people like you licking their jackboots though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Your comments are ignorant...and disgust me
I do not back up or condone this use of force
None of my fellow leos do
We see the tactical errors.. hand on car.. hands in car while vehicle is running

I think you need a reality check... its not going to go well for you and any police contact

Quote:
I do not back up or condone this use of force
None of my fellow leos do
None of your fellow coppers do? Right- only the ones who were actually THERE did. Enjoy lying much? Is lying an art that's taught at the police academy or is it perfected through on the job training?

The truth hurts, eh? Ignorance is a lack of knowledge so you are implying that those comments are incorrect. Please point out exactly what's incorrect in that post.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:12 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Put them in line behind the elected crooks and their armed muscle. Ever see a Capitol Policeman or Secret Service agent in action? They are some over reacting A-holes on the level of "Judge Dredd".

What happened here? They shot her dead so no one knows. I would venture to say she was scared for her life. No guns or bombs were found in the car - just a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKLRb8zf2A

There are other youtube videos of Officer Tensing violating the Constitutional rights of other people.
In one case, a driver called Tensing's supervisor. Supervisor shows up and puts Tensing on the spot for being wrong.

There sure are a lot of closet fascists infesting this country.
They want you to submit and not recognize any of your rights.

They claim to be super-patriots but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously they may keep the common man in eternal subjection."

Vice President Wallace on Fascism 1944

Old 08-01-2015, 09:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Really?

This shooting made national news and was the reason the U.S. Justice Department sought and won a consent decree to oversee the Albuquerque police department.

2 officers charged in Albuquerque homeless shooting - CNN.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
I stated that people are rarely informed about whites being killed in order to incite rage from the public. I am correct on this.

In GA prior to me moving away a white police officer shot and killed a 17year old white boy who lived in a trailer park. The officer in question tried to say that she thought the Wii remote controller the boy was holding was a weapon.

Did you hear about it?

I doubt it as it was only a local story in metro Atlanta. If that boy had been a black child, it would have been on the national news. As a black person and especially as a mother, I don't think it should matter the race of the victim and the accused officer. The boy in GA was killed senselessly and no one really knows about it or what has happened in the case thus far. This happened last year.

GA Teen Killed By Cop Was Holding Wii Controller

From the link:

Quote:
“The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest,”
His story is similar to Tamir Rice whereas an officer immediately shot and killed a child. Yet it was not national news and whites did not rally for this child. The officer was not charged with his death and was not punished in any way that counts for killing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Here is Officer Tensing harassing 2 black kids in 2014. His supervisor was called who said just give the kid a ticket for the driving infraction and let him go.

Watch Another Heated Traffic Stop Made by Cop Accused of Killing Samuel DuBose - ABC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt3sYSoV23g
This is a VERY telling video about this officer! He evidently had not learned during the year that he was on the job that you don't open the car doors of suspects. He did the same thing to Samuel DuBose, but unlike these kids, DuBose put his hand on the door to keep the officer from opening it (view the video of his dead, you can see Mr. DuBose putting his hand on the door to keep the officer from opening it, which the officer is not supposed to do). The kids did the right thing in this situation. But knowing what we know of this officer now, I am relieved that he didn't get upset at the passenger and kill him for not telling him his name.

Very telling and damaging to this officer. He should hope they don't allow this video to be used in Samuel DuBose's case to prove his ineptitude as an officer. And FWIW, I commend Officer Tensing's supervisor in this situation. He immediately stated that his business was not with the passenger while Tensing was harrassing the passenger for identification even though it had nothing to do with the citation that should have been written. This stop is also similar to Sandra Bland's case, except Sandra should have kept her cool like these two did. But unlike a lot of people, I do believe she had some mental things going on and I do believe she killed herself, but her situation, just like these two young men, should have ended with a citation by the officer and not a power trip.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:03 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,096,694 times
This man is going to jail for life. Video or not. He is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies